New Dukes Burger Bar

Maejo Man

You can't keep a burger thread down, in Chiang Mai.licklips.gif

There are so many variables. Location being an important one. For my money I challenge anyone to say they've ever eaten a better burger anywhere, let alone in Chiang Mai than the one that Nicky makes out at The Orchard in Mae Rim. It's both epic and delicious. My best time for finishing one is about 40 minutes.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"farrang food I usually turn to the Red Lion to fill my hole though this dukes burger bar is fast become a bit of a favourite."

3 mistakes in here; may I advise not to mix up the languages; its screws around with one's intelligence.

Probably an English teacher.

I agree that Dukes is quite good.

555 She definately acts like one!

Good one, but you know who I was referring to.biggrin.png

There are so many variables. Location being an important one. For my money I challenge anyone to say they've ever eaten a better burger anywhere, let alone in Chiang Mai than the one that Nicky makes out at The Orchard in Mae Rim. It's both epic and delicious. My best time for finishing one is about 40 minutes.

I've heard excellent things about Nicky's place, but I'm not such a fan of burgers that I would go to Mae Rim for one.

if the burgers are as good as his Sunday lunch that I had last weekend then it will be very good.

I've heard excellent things about Nicky's place, but I'm not such a fan of burgers that I would go to Mae Rim for one.

only a big fan of burger threads...

• Like 1

Well I've no interest in the establishment but there's some great music going on there Sunday afternoons.

"farrang food I usually turn to the Red Lion to fill my hole though this dukes burger bar is fast become a bit of a favourite."

3 mistakes in here; may I advise not to mix up the languages; its screws around with one's intelligence.

Although not the cheapest, the Dukes does represent good quality food. I can appriciate this must be difficult to maintain in a francise. As I said before, hopefully this will sort out over time as I know David is very passionate about his product and has worked hard to build the Dukes name up.

I like what Dave says.

He says your taste might not recognize quality food but your body will.

• Like 1

Although not the cheapest, the Dukes does represent good quality food. I can appriciate this must be difficult to maintain in a francise. As I said before, hopefully this will sort out over time as I know David is very passionate about his product and has worked hard to build the Dukes name up.

I like what Dave says.

He says your taste might not recognize quality food but your body will.

And what would one's body look like if subjected to that type of quality food on a daily basis?

Not keen on burgers.

But if you have 200bht pp try Sunday lunch at G&M Sausages between Bo Sang and Doi Saket.

All the German sausage you can eat, plus roast pork joints with crackling, pork in sauces, hot pretzel bread rolls, ice cream, coffee.

(Bottled drinks including water at extra cost)

re .. Come on guys, help me out, I have spent the last thirty six hours walking the streets looking for the burger queen, where is she?

go from thaphae gate to wat prah singh front gate and turn right

at the traffic lights in two hundred yards turn left heading towards red shirt h q

and its 100 yards past it on the left

enjoy .. dave2 .. a dukes moonmuang fan : )

post-42592-0-05508300-1330558995_thumb.j

post-42592-0-67322700-1330559062_thumb.j

post-42592-0-22644100-1330559103_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Since I started going to Chiang Mai with my family, I have been looking for quality restaurants. The Dukes on the river is very good with David and the owners always coming out to greet everyone as well. Even the Dukes at the night bizarre is quite good, so what happened at this new Dukes burger franchise? The hamburgers are terrible there. I had gone next door to Loco Elvis and wasn't impressed at all either. I read where both of these establishments are owned by the same bone headed owners. Do they have the same cook? The preparation is terrible and taste nothing like the other Dukes in the city. I had read where quite a few people where getting food poisoning from next door. I didn't get sick, but I felt nauseousness for hours after eating there. This Dukes is an embarrassment to the franchise name. We need some more variety of good foreigner food in the city. Unfortunately, from what everyone is saying, this is not it.

• 4 weeks later...

Still want to know where are the best Burgers in Chiang Mai but too afraid to ask.

Someone mention this list. Top 5 inclues:

1. UN Irish pub,

2. Miguels Nong Hoi

3 Wooddy's

4. Duke's

5 Gecko garden

I'm going to do a serious food tour one day and try them one by one. If you have anything to add please help. Thanks

I like the burger at Gypsie's grill, not as big as what he served at the Rose GH but very good.

since the curry war has been won on a technicality, the Fish and chip fued has died down, the sushi snobbery has subsided, it is time to bust out the burgers. I think we are due for burrito banter next followed by pizza punditry.

Edited by daoyai

if the burgers are as good as his Sunday lunch that I had last weekend then it will be very good.

If it took me 40 minutes t finish a burger it would be because I had to eat it an didn't like it. If I iked it 10 minutes tops depending on what comes with it.The fries at

Ddddukes do prolong the eating timr. but 15 minutes max

Where is the current location of Gypsie's grill. I did a seach in google indicated near The Lost bookshop?

I like the burger at Gypsie's grill, not as big as what he served at the Rose GH but very good.

since the curry war has been won on a technicality, the Fish and chip fued has died down, the sushi snobbery has subsided, it is time to bust out the burgers. I think we are due for burrito banter next followed by pizza punditry.

Gipsy does do as good of a burger as anyone but he does such a great job on traditional German fare (currywurst, bratwurst, nurnburger sausages, etc) that the burgers get overshadowed.