Which Website Allowes Hotel Bookings Without Full Payment?

Neole

Take a look at asiatravel.

Haven't used them for a while, so I don't remember if "pay at hotel" applies for every hotel booking at their site, or just to certain hotels.

.. No prepayment and the price you see is all inclusive (taxes, etc.). You may have to give your credit card info but it is to secure the reservation and is not charged...

Correct, but they will charge your card if you are a 'no show', (ie fail to honour your booking without advising of your cancellation, or fail to cancel in the grace period allowed by the hotel)

BTW - it is the hotel that specifies the cancellation terms on these travel web-sites. Yes, there is a standard cancellation T&Cs, but the hotel can modify this to eg - cancellation at any time will incur the full charge being applied to your credit-card' etc. So check the cancellation small print if you are not 100% sure of your travel plans.

Simon

I like Agoda myself. We're talking personal cc info here... probably not a good idea to use the more obscure or 'up and coming' sites. And yeah, they don't charge you until you show up with the card you booked with at the hotel.

:)

I like Agoda myself. We're talking personal cc info here... probably not a good idea to use the more obscure or 'up and coming' sites. And yeah, they don't charge you until you show up with the card you booked with at the hotel.

I also only use Agoda these days and have no complaints from lots of bookings in several ASEAN countries.

However, to answer the OP I can suggest 2 options:

I don't think ACCOR require prepayment on the website for some of their booking options. They have a lot of decent hotels in Thailand.

Plus if you can email the hotel direct, then you can often make a booking without a CC. I always book a few nights in Nana hotel without giving CC details for example.

As you are no doubt aware though, Agoda (and others) are often cheaper than the hotel websites for some dates. For example Landmark hotel on Sukh Rd.

Simon

Not true.

I use Agoda a lot and they charge you the day you make the booking even if you're booking a hotel several months in advance.

Edit: the websites I've used previously that allow you to pay at the hotel have always charged a non-refundable 10% to your card immediately. I assume that's their fee.

Edited by PattayaParent

Not true.

I use Agoda a lot and they charge you the day you make the booking even if you're booking a hotel several months in advance.

Edit: the websites I've used previously that allow you to pay at the hotel have always charged a non-refundable 10% to your card immediately. I assume that's their fee.

That is also my experience with agoda.

Be aware that some booking websites do the opposite to what they say. Some months ago when I made a booking in a neighboring country, 10% should be charged when booking and the rest when checking in. Ok fine I thought and printed out the voucher. Which stated that 10% was paid when booked and the rest amount xxx had to be paid at the hotel.

When checking my Internet bank a few days later the hotel had made two transactions, one for the 10% deposit and one for the rest amount so I had practically a voucher (recipe) with false information.

It took me many telephone calls and e-mails to get it corrected because the booking website and hotel not could agree on which of them was responsible for doing the correction.

Not true.

That discrepancy can probably be explained by this portion of their site... apparently I must have been mostly getting rooms in the Special rates and not the Agoda 'Lowest Rates' category. That combined with the fact that we usually don't book months ahead of time, usually a week or sometimes a day or two before when we happen to want to take a quick vacation, and thus the date charged and the date of our hotel stays probably often overlap.

--

Agoda.com currently only accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, IDEAL and Carte Bleue) and PayPal.

1) Agoda Lowest Rates - Pay online: If a room is available and you've submitted your credit card details and agreed to the booking conditions on the booking form, the reservation is then confirmed and a hotel voucher will be automatically sent to your e-mail address. The hotel voucher is only issued after we have verified and charged your credit card. The hotel voucher AND credit card must be presented upon check-in at the hotel, together with a valid form of photo ID.

2) Special Rates - Pay at the hotel: Agoda.com works in partnership with other companies to ensure we offer the best rates. If you choose to stay at a hotel where an agoda.com partner has provided the lowest rate, we will confirm your reservation and issue a confirmation email. In such cases we will not charge your card. You will be required to pay the hotel directly upon check-out and the hotels own cancellation policy will apply. The title of the rate section for these hotels is 'Special Rates' instead of 'Agoda Lowest Rate'.

Please note: Some hotels may charge your credit card with the full amount upon confirmation. This is mostly the case for non refundable bookings.

--

I like Agoda too but they always debit my card account when I book. On the one occaision I had to cancel they did credit my card account the next day, though with a 1-night penalty payment, but that's in their T&C's.

I like Agoda too but they always debit my card account when I book. On the one occaision I had to cancel they did credit my card account the next day, though with a 1-night penalty payment, but that's in their T&C's.

I have been using Agoda for 4 years and they have always charged me at the time of booking. They last time I used them me and my wife had nothing but trouble with the hotel so we checked out. Minutes before checking out I made another booking at another hotel and checked out of the first one and by the time we made it to the second hotel our reservation had not come in yet. I checked us on in and figured that I would settle everything at check out. Well I thought wrong. Because we checked in with out the agoda reservation they made me pay for that room plus Agoda had charged me to so I was double billed for my stay there. However Agoda did refund the money from the first hotel.

I also only use Agoda these days and have no complaints from lots of bookings in several ASEAN countries.

However, to answer the OP I can suggest 2 options:

I don't think ACCOR require prepayment on the website for some of their booking options. They have a lot of decent hotels in Thailand.

Plus if you can email the hotel direct, then you can often make a booking without a CC. I always book a few nights in Nana hotel without giving CC details for example.

As you are no doubt aware though, Agoda (and others) are often cheaper than the hotel websites for some dates. For example Landmark hotel on Sukh Rd.

Simon

"I always book a few nights in Nana hotel without giving CC details for example."

Nana hotel doesnt charge or swipe untill you leave. Booking agencies are not always cheaper so it its beneficial to call the hotel direct. Last week my hotel in Hua hin was 200bht cheaper by calling them direct and no CC swipe.

I use Agoda always, and I get charged as soon as the the booking is made and the cc's info is provided.

Try sawasdee.com. You have a couple of days to pay up and you can go down to their office to pay cash, pay by bank transfer, and i think at seven - eleven ( not very sure of this as I haven't used them for sometime now ).

Not true.

That is also my experience with agoda.

And mine.