2012 Model Pickup Trucks

as i am looking to buy my first vehicle in los,i was looking at the new pick up models,one thing that has bugged me for a long time after watching drivers trying to reverse and manouver tight turns do these pick ups have p.a.s.

They all have power steering, but for some reason the natives don't like turning the wheel, thoughts of saving diesel perhaps, weeeeeeell, folk here drive with no lights on at night, l ask the mrs why do these morons risk life and limb with no lights, she says to save diesel. :rolleyes:

Most trucks have a turning circle around 6 metres IF you turn the wheel. :D.

thanks for that,no wonder there are so many accidents,no lights,dont like turning the wheel,following the white line in the middle of the road,do these vehicles have indicators and do they now the width of their veh.when driving.:blink:

as i am looking to buy my first vehicle in los,i was looking at the new pick up models,one thing that has bugged me for a long time after watching drivers trying to reverse and manouver tight turns do these pick ups have p.a.s.

They all have power steering, but for some reason the natives don't like turning the wheel, thoughts of saving diesel perhaps, weeeeeeell, folk here drive with no lights on at night, l ask the mrs why do these morons risk life and limb with no lights, she says to save diesel. :rolleyes:

thanks for that,no wonder there are so many accidents,no lights,dont like turning the wheel,following the white line in the middle of the road,do these vehicles have indicators and do they now the width of their veh.when driving.:blink:

All things l wonder myself. BUT, the natives do use indicators to pull out of a parking space in Tesco's car park. :unsure:

All things l wonder myself. BUT, the natives do use indicators to pull out of a parking space in Tesco's car park. :unsure:

Yet they don't mind sitting in the carpark at supermarkets for hours with the a/c on at idle burning fuel and destroying their engines???!!! You can't educate idiots!

OK,I've seen the new Chevy and the new Ford now...bough of those trucks look great to me,so what is the word about the new Mazda? Not much mentioning around here...and when is it coming? The girl at the dealer did not have a clue...What kind of engine,is the chassy of the Ford?

OK,I've seen the new Chevy and the new Ford now...bough of those trucks look great to me,so what is the word about the new Mazda? Not much mentioning around here...and when is it coming? The girl at the dealer did not have a clue...What kind of engine,is the chassy of the Ford?

The new BT-50 is launching soon.

Drivetrains and chassis identical to the new Ranger, but interior/exterior styling is all Mazda, as will be the suspension tune.

Most people around here stopped talking about after seeing photos of it, heh. To be fair though, it looks much better in the flesh.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Drivetrains and chassis identical to the new Ranger, but interior/exterior styling is all Mazda, as will be the suspension tune.

Most people around here stopped talking about after seeing photos of it, heh. To be fair though, it looks much better in the flesh.

Hmmm,looks can be deceiving...the first photos of Chevy concept made me think that 'this is it',but the market version is,let say,a bit different,the bumpers and specially wheels...but that can be always improved later.Now,the Ranger looks 'POWER' and that what it is....will be interesting to see the Mazda as well.What kind of engines they have ?They were not included in the graph...

Hmmm,looks can be deceiving...the first photos of Chevy concept made me think that 'this is it',but the market version is,let say,a bit different,the bumpers and specially wheels...but that can be always improved later.Now,the Ranger looks 'POWER' and that what it is....will be interesting to see the Mazda as well.What kind of engines they have ?They were not included in the graph...

The new BT-50 uses the T6 Ranger engines - same same

• 1 month later...

LOL at the chev peaking momentarily for a mention on brochures, the ford looks fantastic. I hate clutching in LOS traffic so i may go auto on ford but lets hope the transmission is up for the job, the consistent theme of the nissan 6spd is burning out clutches and the need to go to aftermarket solutions to get any decent km's out of them before changes.

LOL at the chev peaking momentarily for a mention on brochures, the ford looks fantastic. I hate clutching in LOS traffic so i may go auto on ford but lets hope the transmission is up for the job, the consistent theme of the nissan 6spd is burning out clutches and the need to go to aftermarket solutions to get any decent km's out of them before changes.

Yep, The original data coming from VM Motori (who designed the 2.8L used in the Chevy) was that it'd make 200HP/440Nm - I'm guessing that tune is the one that gives a much nicer looking torque curve...

I'd say the marketing boffins realized that if you speak in Nm, there's a much bigger perceived gap in the advertised numbers :whistling:

As for the T6 Ranger transmission, see the discussion here:

:)

I'd say the marketing boffins realized that if you speak in Nm, there's a much bigger perceived gap in the advertised numbers :whistling:

:lol:

will read up on the transmission, i havent seen anything on the shifting, kinda like pjs and civic 2.0 paddle shift that be a nice touch.... cant believe im getting lazy but it really is convienant.

will check the link, cheers