Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Anyone else using the free elevation app for iPhone? Curious to know if it's accurate. My house is showing an above sea level elevation of 7.2m (ASL). I am about to find out if it is accurate as 7.2 ASL is about the highest elevation I could find in the area and the water just arrived down the street.

double check it on google earth... where i am is about 7.5m ASL.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else using the free elevation app for iPhone? Curious to know if it's accurate. My house is showing an above sea level elevation of 7.2m (ASL). I am about to find out if it is accurate as 7.2 ASL is about the highest elevation I could find in the area and the water just arrived down the street.

Tks. Never thought about that.

for those in Watacharapol and neighbourhood

last night I left the house and took 4 hours to Kamphaeng Saen at Nakorn Pathon ( via Rama 9 bridge > Rama 2 > motorway 35 > motorway 4 ). I have a business travel next Friday and if flooded at Watcharapol no way I could catch the itinerary.

today the mo baan Noble Geo / Noble Wana ( at Ruam Mit Phatthana ) start warning residents for clearing ground floor and moving cars away. neighbours said more mo baan sois with drain spillage, even the mo baan pumping water to the canal.

MAIN CONCERN - Hok Wa is leaking now and possibly breach. the massive water may arrive Watcharapol 5-yaek in hours and the area will be paralysised. well, it is a very sensible local assumption.

not sure about iPhone apps, but Garmin driving GPS has a tolerance of +/- 6m. I have another Sunnto GPS and its tolerance is +/- 3m. critical enough for a above-water or below-water error :-(

last night I left the house and took 4 hours to Kamphaeng Saen at Nakorn Pathon ( via Rama 9 bridge > Rama 2 > motorway 35 > motorway 4 ). I have a business travel next Friday and if flooded at Watcharapol no way I could catch the itinerary.

today the mo baan Noble Geo / Noble Wana ( at Ruam Mit Phatthana ) start warning residents for clearing ground floor and moving cars away. neighbours said more mo baan sois with drain spillage, even the mo baan pumping water to the canal.

MAIN CONCERN - Hok Wa is leaking now and possibly breach. the massive water may arrive Watcharapol 5-yaek in hours and the area will be paralysised. well, it is a very sensible local assumption.

Oh crap...

If Hok Wa breaches, Ram Inthra is screwed.

Edited by metisdead
Replaced expletive.

I am staying at putamonton sai 4 and it's still dry here.

Where on Soi 4 are u? There's flooding at the end near Salaya market., and the Mahidol campus (came from the klong behind the market)

There is flooding in Salaya. but sai 4 on the road and immediately next to is dry. I was just there at 3pm.

Found a good iPhone app "Height Finder" it is free, some do not work.

Watcharaphon:

---Just had a ghastly but quick rain/thunder storm. Some pooling of water in the village, but they are draining it now and it is going down. I am in Narasiri village by the 5 Yaek.

---Water has risen considerably since early afternoon, large pools now by Wattana Kosin School, the sports club, and by the 'lake' after Palm Lake Resort.

---Still, could make it as far as the restaurants, water is getting deeper though.

---Army truck stationed at the 5 Yaek for emergency measures.

---Everything ready to evacuate at a moment's notice, will wait until the last minute, but ready to go if we have to.

Edited by tominbkk

Announcements were just made 18:00 over the tannoy (sp?) on Onnut Soi 44 (the soi that joins Onnut with Sukhumvit 101/1)that those wanting to be evacuated should sign up at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. I assume that the emergency center in that area is either at Wat Chiratham temple or the temple school. Do they know something we don't? I cycled around the area today and the klongs were not overly full.

the authorities will be opening the sluice gates tomorrow evening to let the water out.

not sure about iPhone apps, but Garmin driving GPS has a tolerance of +/- 6m. I have another Sunnto GPS and its tolerance is +/- 3m. critical enough for a above-water or below-water error :-(

I found another way (my company prohibits Google Earth). Go to Google Maps then right click and choose "what is here". It will give you the coordinates in the menu box where you search. Go to this page http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/elevation and enter the latitude and longitude numbers at the bottom of the page where is says "Single-point elevation lookup". You can just copy what Google Maps gives and paste it in the box.

BTW, thanks to everyone for the reports.

Oh crap...

If Hok Wa breaches, Ram Inthra is screwed.

Hok Wa already effectively slow down the north-south flow of water, yet it reaches to its limit and start to leak.

consider the amount of water from Rangsit and Sai Mai, it has a good reason to listen to the locals !

Not sure where to put this, but there is free water available. More than likely you will need to bring your own containers.

ติดต่อรับน้ำฟรีที่หมายเลข 02-299-3900 / Free water available call no. 02-299-3900