Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another threads there's reports of cracks in the wall at Klong Phrahkanong and flooding in that district. Anyone have details on this?

I live near there am wondering whether to come back to Bangkok now or in a few days???

In another threads there's reports of cracks in the wall at Klong Phrahkanong and flooding in that district. Anyone have details on this?

I live near there am wondering whether to come back to Bangkok now or in a few days???

I would stay out if I were you.

Decent information seems to be hard to get..

Many people are confused exactly where the water is and how deep.

I could not find this information and neither could anyone I spoke too.

I thought this was quite an important thing to know for people so ... I wrote this app yesterday, as you can see some people have already

started to use it and mark the flood levels.

You just click on the area and click on a level .. easy.If the app gets many reports it automatically uses an average of the most recent. http://as-int.com/flood/ What do you think? Send it to your friends .. the more people use it the better it will be.

Shouldn't the goverment have done something like this?

That is excellent, thanks :) Two suggestions - a shade for areas reported to be dry, and maybe a message showing the last report date for a tile when you hover over it?

Can we pin this map?

Thanks .. I will look at those ideas :)

Due to the flurry of use I even just had my ISP tell me they are moving the server IP so I can put on facebook as an app with SSL .. So in an hour or so should get many more.

If I can quickly add those while it's moving I will.

I'm packed and ready to leave, however I don't have a way to get out.

So I'm playing the waiting game and see how it will be tomorrow.

as already advised you yesterday, clear off asap by any means. The best go by car, save it from flood

Returned from a visa run to Cambodia last night.

Like I told a friend who had escaped to Issan with his wife when he advised me to leave: "What?! I'd miss out on the flood!"

Edited by MaxYakov

"BMA urges residents of Taling Chan, Lak Si to evacuate .."

If the Northern runoff is now sufficiently far south to evacuate Laksi what is to stop it hitting the very centre?

Are there any barriers or dykes between Laksi and the centre?

Like yesterday, flooding on charoen nakon/ratburana because of the tide. Must be higher today as we have warranted a big military helicopter to pay us a visit-that or someone is late for a tee time.

River level around Praram 3 soi 50 is down a bit from yesterday; maybe 20 cm.

If the Northern runoff is now sufficiently far south to evacuate Laksi what is to stop it hitting the very centre?

Not much I wouldn't have thought, the water is very high here in Don Muang and getting higher, so it will have to somwhere!

Thawi Watthana is officially flooded.

My mooban is 50cm under water.

It seems to be rising but slowly.

Not sure how high it will rise, I'm hoping that is enough and will stop after tomorrow afternoon.

It hasn't reached into my house or my car yet, just my yard.

50 cm, you can still get out by walking through it to a dry place or if your car isn't too low down, even driving.

To wait in the hopes it won't get much worse not a good idea IMO. Bear in mind there is still flooding to the north of their and what is north must come south.

There are flood barriers erected all around the CBD (or what is now being called the CBD which seems pretty much defined as the areas within the flood barriers and hoped to keep dry...some places that arguably are also business areas have been flooded for days).

What I don't know and would like to, is exactly where these barriers are placed. It is hoped, and posisble (tho not certain) that the areas within these barriersx will still dry as they so far have. But the areas around them are going to get all the run off.

Anyone seen a m ap showing where the barriers have been erected?

Anybody know if the Immigration office is effected ? I think the area is Chueng Wattana ?

Need to get a stamp today for re-entry,I dont wanna take a trip to Jomtien

Elsewhere on this thread there have been reports of flooding in Laksi/Cheng Wattana area.

You can do this at any immigration office. Logic would presume that they are letting anyone do it at the airport too, not that logic always here. Anyone have concrete info on that?

It would help if the exact Google Maps spelling of the location was used. An additional assist would be to provide Lat/Lon coordinates from Google Maps Lat/Lon tool tip feature. This feature (and others) can be enabled with Maps Labs through the gear-shaped 'options' icon at the far right on the Google Maps menu bar.

Anybody know if the Immigration office is effected ? I think the area is Chueng Wattana ?

should go to the Suvarnnahbumi Aiport immigration for re-entry permit. Chaeng Wattana government complex in trouble.

( editted : indeed this is a 'should be logic' )

11:26am Crisis at Chaeng Wattana due to 70cm flood. Water already overflowed into DSI and government complex ~ @nnanews

Edited by ETatBKK

Drove from Ayutthaya to Lat Krabang this morning

Thanon Asia aka Higway 32 is partly flooded, pick-ups and higher can pass

Usually I take Outerringroad 9- Kanchanapisek but the intersection at

Bang Pa In is still flooded

The last two weeks I took the Lhlong Luang Exit (no. 44) to shortcut

to Highway 9 but that exit was closes and a taxi driver advised me not to

go there.

On to Highway 1/Vibhavadi/Rangsit. All traffic on the Bangkok incoming lanes

Opposite Thamassat University and Navakorn was OK now but again only pick up and higher

On to the elevated highway to exit RomKlao, ChaoKhunThaan and Chalongkrung Road

all dry, where last week ChaoKhunTahaan was flooded

The Industrial Estate was reinforced, the companies offices moved to the 2nd floor...

Some parts on my trip the water was uncomfortably high but it was passable

Wednesday I might go back and see how the status at BangPaIn intersection is.

I heard someone who said that he went to Sakhon Nakhon on 32, which was impossible

last week, I asked him about 32 and he said all was dry...where I definitely drove

through water.... better not to trust Thai in this matter and this guy was what he

called a professional driver...

personally I expect the water from those areas to be rerouted to Lat Krabang/Nong chok/Minburi

On the other hand we are so close to the airport, we might just have the advantage of their

pumps..

Thawi Watthana is officially flooded.

My mooban is 50cm under water.

It seems to be rising but slowly.

Not sure how high it will rise, I'm hoping that is enough and will stop after tomorrow afternoon.

It hasn't reached into my house or my car yet, just my yard.

post-120659-0-57268000-1320037014_thumb.

Guys, dont expect it to be over soon, i have been flooded for over a week now. I am a 20 km north of BKK. All the water that has passed me has to pass you. It is not going to evaporate and all those dykes will only make it worse for you. It will force the water the long way around. So anyone flooded, your in for a lot of water.

Still only when the top provinces start to become dry will there be any relief. Water is still moving and its a lot. I expect at least an other 2 weeks. Water levels have been stable here for 4-5 days now. 19cm in the house 60+ in the streets.

It would help if the exact Google Maps spelling of the location was used. An additional assist would be to provide Lat/Lon coordinates from Google Maps Lat/Lon tool tip feature. This feature (and others) can be enabled with Maps Labs through the gear-shaped 'options' icon at the far right on the Google Maps menu bar.

Phet Kasem Rd. is higher than soi 69, so I guess it will take some time for it to get flooded from the soi.

Just took a drive from Lad Prao 94, via Ek-Intra, back sois to wang hin, and back.

No sign of water anywhere.

But many people selling stuff around Lotus on Ek-Intra.

Water, sandbags, boats, Eggs, lifewests was what i noticed.

should go to the Suvarnnahbumi Aiport immigration for re-entry permit. Chaeng Wattana government complex in trouble.

11:26am Crisis at Chaeng Wattana due to 70cm flood. Water already overflowed into DSI and government complex ~ @nnanews

GM Link

post-120659-0-48491500-1320038673_thumb.

GM Link

Thanks for the update on the immigration office.

How many days will they grant me at the airport,im on a 3 x 60days visa,last day tomorrow.