Prices Up .. Shelves Getting Bare

Doing my weekly shop today, (actually Saturday is not a good day, as many items are "sold out" ) but could not help noticing that Chicken is up, plus a host of other things...

Pork has almost doubled in price in last month or two.... (Tesco at least).... many other items more too, big lack of Vegetables and other usually items, the selves stocked with "junk food" and other things to fill space....

Wednesdays seem to usually be a better day especially for veggies etc.... But with the flooding in the north I am sure many items will be in short supply.... for quite a while....

On another topic: but related to price:

I am sure there are some people who use Crestor, (Any one who uses it knows what it is for) ... It's some thing I have to buy every month... Usual price at Morya Pharmacy is 1490 baht for 28 days supply.....best I have found on Samui...

I usually get in Morya in Maenam, but some times use another Morya store...

Last month it was one in Nanthon, They said 1650 baht, I said "no no... 1490 baht", they check the list and "oh sorry sir, you are correct"....OK!

Then today, I stopped at Morya Pharmacy in Lamai, near Tesco... again 1650 baht, and would not budge on the price...I left and stopped at my usual store in Maenam and usual price of 1490 baht... I guess not all Moyra Pharmacies follow the price book!

I am not one to dicker over a few baht, but this is a significant difference... especially for a drug that I have to buy every month...

Boots break down the package and sell at higher price in 14 day supply, and won't budge either... :angry:

Anyone seen a better price here for this drug... Here on Samui?

If anything Jimmy I think some Med prices have come down. I use Morya ring road Bophut, my med used to be 1690 always got it 1500. Now 1350 paid 1200. I have a faint suspicion it was marked incorrectly.

i don't think i buy anything in a pharmacy but i am pretty dam_n sure that any staples would be inflated by heavy rains, upcoming monsoon season followed immediately by peak season that coincides with christmas and nye.

great opportunity to buy things early and in bulk quantities, let everything else sort itself out.

Try Joy pharmacy in Bang Rak, they are one of the cheapest on the island.

Yeah get your meds then a no4 breakfast next door.....laugh.gif

OK thanks guys! .... Will check out Joy's, and see if I get any joy... ;):D

Joe should set up a road side stand... for his excess of toms! :)....even though they are green! :bah::D

Joe should set up a road side stand... for his excess of toms! :)....even though they are green! :bah::D

let me have my accountant check if my work permit allows for that and i'll get back to you ;)

let me have my accountant check if my work permit allows for that and i'll get back to you ;)

Perhaps you can do home delivery cool.gif

Joe should set up a road side stand...

A green/environmentally friendly idea. Has growth potential, but probably needs seed capital. Long term however, if the business gets into the red it just cannot work. Maybe it should be canned?:ph34r:

i see what you did there ;)

A green/environmentally friendly idea. Has growth potential, but probably needs seed capital. Long term however, if the business gets into the red it just cannot work. Maybe it should be canned?:ph34r:

Groaaaan - but PDG :lol: (or we could sauce them from someone else???)

Sorry - forgot the main point of the post.

Pork prices are going to go up, and pork will be in short supply soon.. Pork is the main meat staple in China and they have a shortage (not enough pigs apparently). So - they are buying pork wherever they can.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Welcome to the world of supply and demand...when demand for goods goes up...guess what??? so does the price....also an element of taking advantage of a situation...same around the world. Just human nature, make a fast buck when you can.

Groaaaan - but PDG :lol: (or we could sauce them from someone else???)

Sorry - forgot the main point of the post.

Pork prices are going to go up, and pork will be in short supply soon.. Pork is the main meat staple in China and they have a shortage (not enough pigs apparently). So - they are buying pork wherever they can.

they are flying them from the uk at the moment !

I checked out Joy's Pharmacy in Banrak today, .... I assume the one just after Havelli? but they "no have" same drug, (Crestor) but she did have an alternative, which I need to check out, as much less in price...

Will check on internet and perhaps should discuss with a doctor... and see the blood sucking vampire! .... time for a check up anyway! ;)

The pharmacist there seemed quite knowledgeable...

I checked out Joy's Pharmacy in Banrak today, .... I assume the one just after Havelli? but they "no have" same drug, (Crestor) but she did have an alternative, which I need to check out, as much less in price...

Will check on internet and perhaps should discuss with a doctor... and see the blood sucking vampire! .... time for a check up anyway! ;)

You might also want to try the pharmacy in the corner by Big Budha. I have found the pharmacist there to be very good too. She can usually sort out my medical problems and no consultancy fee!

I will get a price for your Crestor next time I swing by.

Knowledgeable and cheap! They have hard to beat prices.

Well, Tescos Chaweng at 10am looking a little bare.

Most noticeably they had no WATER at all!!:blink:

but did they have beer

But where they allowed to sell it?... Seems to me every time I try buying liquor at Tesco it's off hours for selling.... :D My little Mum and pop store in Maenam seems to sell and is open all hours... and can sell at same price... even when BIB standing at the door ;)

I had to stop in again at Tesco today, as forgot to get my Cornflakes the other day. Only had the small boxes.... :blink:

Veggies still in low supply No Spuds, and several half empty shelves (Lamai store)...

My neighbour tells me Makro has spuds....

Oh they are building a moat around the Lamai store, too... perhaps in case it might start raining too hard here, soon... It actually would be a shame if those stores all flooded again.

Oh they are building a moat around the Lamai store, too...

Please let them remember to put in the access point.:D

i wouldnt put them past them

No one even seems to pay attention to sign direction anyway...

...so would it really make much difference, where they are or which way they point..??? ;)

Edited by samuijimmy