Pattaya Jet Ski And Speedboat Operators Join Flood-Relief Efforts In Central Thailand

Rimmer

Pattaya Jet Ski and Speedboat operators join flood-relief efforts in Central Thailand

PATTAYA: --Jet Ski and boat operators who work on Jomtien Beach made their way to the flood-affected Central Thailand Province of Ayutthaya just before Dawn on Monday to assist in rescue efforts for those stranded by the severe floods which have crippled the Province. A convoy, including members of the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Foundation started from the front of the Surf Kitchen Restaurant at 5am on Monday and began the 3 ½ hour journey to Ayutthaya Province.

50 Jet Skis, 10 Speedboats and donations of food and other provisions will remain in the Central Thailand province until the floods subside.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-10-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Well, talk about trying to change their image. Do they have an official association or something?

Wonder what they will charge for a trip, and if they will tell the one on the boat to pay for presumed damages.

Friend of mine sent an artic-truck up past Ayudhya with supplies for free but at govt request. Then he got a call saying a group of people wanted paying for unloading it, or at least he claims.

Well, talk about trying to change their image. Do they have an official association or something?

Wonder what they will charge for a trip, and if they will tell the one on the boat to pay for presumed damages.

But, they are helping Thais, not Farang.

cool.gif

cool.gif

Half the price then is it?

well thank god for that, when i read the thread title I thought all these jet skis were off to help push more water out of the riverrolleyes.gif

Never met these guys, never been on one of their jet skis, but I have heard the stories. I will stay nap and with hold comment. Lets see if they can prove everyone wrong. It is a good use of resources to help the victims.

I see this going one of two ways . . .

1.) Scamming the food aid,

"yes your food aid is only 1 dry pack of noodles, why you ask ?

2.) Fees

"that will be 5000 Baht for the 1 km ride to safety. Don't want to pay I will call the police who are down of funds due to lack of road traffic lunch money stops"

I know some of the Jet-Ski operators on Jomtien beach and they are definitely not to be confused with their shitbag counterparts on Pattaya beach, fair play to them i say!!

agree 100% - I've never heard of any wrong doing from these operators good on them for offering their services to help out

They probably have a deal with the local cops, allowing further tourist rip offs, in order to compensate for their efforts to "help" the flood victims.

cool.gif

Half the price then is it?

Farangs get paid double ;)

Assist!! you mean rob the houses while the people are not there more like Scum

Agree fully, these sh** bags will steal what ever they can from their fellow Thai's. I think when caught they should be shot on sight, same as was reported in New Orleans after the hurricane hit.:annoyed:

Sad to see a lot of the usual bashers/posters did not actually read past the headline, it is Jomtien operators that are helping out, not the Pattaya scammers!!

If so, then the Jomtien operators should be at the forefront of a movement to clean up their industry. Guilt by association I'm afraid. If their is any confusion by the TV regulars between the two said groups, I can only imagine the level of confusion amongst the tourists who come to Pataya!

The Pattaya scammers are all still on the beach scamming almost every person who rents a jet ski.

I think some of these thugs would scam there own mothers if they had the chance.

And their fathers too, if only they knew who they were. :whistling:

I know some of the Jet-Ski operators on Jomtien beach and they are definitely not to be confused with their shitbag counterparts on Pattaya beach, fair play to them i say!!

I agree with this - Jomtien does not have the same situation as at Pattaya Beach. Give the guys some credit for wanting to help!

I don't get down to Pattaya often, so I wouldn't know anything about scams being run down there. I was, however, up at the Roajana estate in Ayutthaya yesterday with the group comprising the jet ski operators, as well as groups from Chonburi and Rayong. Getting there was not exactly easy, but these people went on regardless, and worked tirelessly to get the boats and jet skis filled with supplies and water, gathered from private donations, as well as company donations, and even supplies from the Pattaya city hall, as far as I am aware, out to the people who were completely cut off...

Off all the things I have ever seen in Thailand, that was the most beautiful...People going out of their way to help other people who are in dire need, but who face up stoically and with smiles all around...

I needed to get back to Bangkok late last night, and some boys from the Pattaya city hall offered me a ride back - they had left Pattaya at 5 in the morning with a truck full of water, and had been distributing it all day. it's was their 5th straight day doing that, and today they were going to Navanakorn. They had made their first trip when the first floods hit Lopburi a month (?) ago...

I hope the flooding recedes soon, and that measure will be taken to prevent this in the future....

I agree and well done them. Pity that some on this forum cannot be a little bit more generous with their remarks - shame on you :realangry:. At least they are doing something and not just sitting on their fat butts criticizing other people's well intentioned efforts.