Thai PM To Ask Bangkok To Open All Floodgates

webfact

Of course such an action would totally negate all the efforts of the Democrat controlled B.M.A. thus putting the Democrats in a bad light.

My money is on the fact that it is a politically motivated move aimed at discrediting Bangkoks Democrats.

Yingluck and the current administration are like cornered animals and will indeed take anyone and any thing they could down with them.

All the hallmarks of Yinglucks Big Brothers tactics all over again.

Amazing, such blind hatred and bitterness, to the point that you cannot consider any other possibility.

YEAH! Lay off her. She's rich, beautiful and has lovely white skin. What else do you want in a PM? GIve her a break.

Talent?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can somebody provide an updated map? I just wanna know where I stand. I'm next to the Emporium btw.

You just answered your own question.

Huh?

"where I stand" "next to the Emporium"

get it?

Gentlemen please, there's a crisis, not a good time for jokes.

Anyway, somebody forgot to answer the most important of all questions: WILL THE BARS AND PUBS BE OPEN!?:crying::crying::crying:

"A contingency plan has been prepared but we cannot disclose the details yet because it could create chaos. We'll have to wait for the proper time," Pol Gen Pracha said.

When will they stop treating the population like children and start telling the truth?

And right after the details are released does Yingluck get up and say "Okay you can panic now"?

Easy to be smart ass in hindsight, give her a break she's only been in charge two months, did you predict the flooding would get this bad smart ass

I was here in May 1985 when a huge tropical depression sat on Bangkok for three days and the deluge was on for 24 hr x 3 days. Sukhumvit Road was a river waist to chest deep. I was on Sukhumvit 55, Soi 23 and did not leave the house for 5 days. Boats were plying the soi, and people were fishing in the soi as well. My home was fortunately a little elevated and the flood water came to the lip of our front door, but not inside. That was very localized as the depression was over the BKK area only. The floods now are the accumulation of water from six months of rain, which is unprecedented in the 27 years I have been staying in Thailand.

u

Its the pathetically disorganised response to the crisis she's copping stick for. She got the job because of nepotism, not merit. Now her incompetence is on display.

Plus the stupidity, ignorance, gullibility of that uneducated lot up North. If they held a snap election next week I bet they would march down to the voting stations and put their "ittle red cross" next to the Pheu Thai candidate - a classic case of "blind faith" epitomised - they will NEVER learn whatever happens!!!!:blink:.

I doubt it will be a full release of water that will cause deep flooding. It's probably a slight opening of the gates to relieve the pressure build up,especially considering that there is still more water coming down from the North. A lot of klongs in inner Bangkok is still quite low and I guess this decision is being taken as flooding will at least be controllable and manageable. It won't be so bad to have about 10 cm or so of water as damage can then be limited.

I doubt, I guess It's probably a slight opening,It won't be so bad to have about 10cm or so. Can I borrow your crystal ball. You seem to know more that anyone in Thailand.

I guess by now you realise the it's a controlled release as I thought it might be? One doesn't need a crystal ball, just some common sense (definition of common sense : Good sense and sound judgment in practical matters, in case this word is foreign to your vocabulary)

Sadly, you seems to have a problem reading. As i said, the government only said that they are going to open the gates. When are they going to open the gates? Can you tell me? Because i dont want to be in the streets when this happens and no one want to. Is it going to be tomorrow morning or during the afternoon? If you know the answer, tell me because i know i have lot of food and water at home to survive a long time but maybe when the flow arrive, i wont be at the right place and die.

The way you're talking, anyone would think there's gonna be a 50-foot tidal wave heading down Soi Cowboy. Get a grip or get a flight ! <_<

Easy to be smart ass in hindsight, give her a break she's only been in charge two months, did you predict the flooding would get this bad smart ass

I was here in May 1985 when a huge tropical depression sat on Bangkok for three days and the deluge was on for 24 hr x 3 days. Sukhumvit Road was a river waist to chest deep. I was on Sukhumvit 55, Soi 23 and did not leave the house for 5 days. Boats were plying the soi, and people were fishing in the soi as well. My home was fortunately a little elevated and the flood water came to the lip of our front door, but not inside. That was very localized as the depression was over the BKK area only. The floods now are the accumulation of water from six months of rain, which is unprecedented in the 27 years I have been staying in Thailand.

u

Its the pathetically disorganised response to the crisis she's copping stick for. She got the job because of nepotism, not merit. Now her incompetence is on display.

Plus the stupidity, ignorance, gullibility of that uneducated lot up North. If they held a snap election next week I bet they would march down to the voting stations and put their "ittle red cross" next to the Pheu Thai candidate - a classic case of "blind faith" epitomised - they will NEVER learn whatever happens!!!!:blink:.

Finally, you're showing your true bigoted and racist self...

I doubt it will be a full release of water that will cause deep flooding. It's probably a slight opening of the gates to relieve the pressure build up,especially considering that there is still more water coming down from the North. A lot of klongs in inner Bangkok is still quite low and I guess this decision is being taken as flooding will at least be controllable and manageable. It won't be so bad to have about 10 cm or so of water as damage can then be limited.

I doubt, I guess It's probably a slight opening,It won't be so bad to have about 10cm or so. Can I borrow your crystal ball. You seem to know more that anyone in Thailand.

I guess by now you realise the it's a controlled release as I thought it might be? One doesn't need a crystal ball, just some common sense (definition of common sense : Good sense and sound judgment in practical matters, in case this word is foreign to your vocabulary)

Yeah ... like they controlled the water flow around those industrial estates .... and like they said earlier today that the waters would be diverted around Bkk ... etc etc.... FROC and the GOVT change their announcements by 90 or 180 degrees almost every hour

With that much water and the pressure, I'm not so sure they can control it ... or close the gates once they crack them open.

Very difficult situation. All kidding aside the board usually used in phuket or mae rampeung can and will be used in bkk.

3 companies make boards in thailand. sunova, surftech, and firewire.

post-55427-0-82098200-1319107566_thumb.p

Edited by atyclb

Has a city the size of Bangkok ever been flooded before? I hope the powers that be know what they're doing.

Manila had it pretty bad last year and Jakarta the year before, or what it the other way around.

http://indonesiaurbanstudies.blogspot.com/2010/03/jakarta-annual-flood-2010.html

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/.../11/rains-flood-18-areas-metro-manila

There was some direct comment by the governor on this general notion within the past 24 hours....

The government also wants to drain floodwaters through three canals in inner Bangkok, namely the Song Ton Noon, Saen Saep and Prawet canals.

But MR Sukhumbhand yesterday said the drainage through the canals would be limited. "If we are able to fully receive floodwater [through the canals], we will do that but we must wait for the rains to stop. If we are safe from rain and need not limit water [in the canals], we will open them. The BMA must manage risks," he said.

Asked if the refusal to open the inner canals would affect the water level in Khlong Rangsit, MR Sukhumbhand said Khlong Rangsit was not his responsibility but the government's.

The tides are not looking good for this.

Full moon is past already, why is the tide still a factor :ph34r: ?

Weekend after next the tides are even bigger than the last lot - 3.6 m vs nearly 4 m ...

Hopefully a lot of the water will have passed by then...

Of course such an action would totally negate all the efforts of the Democrat controlled B.M.A. thus putting the Democrats in a bad light.

My money is on the fact that it is a politically motivated move aimed at discrediting Bangkoks Democrats.

Yingluck and the current administration are like cornered animals and will indeed take anyone and any thing they could down with them.

All the hallmarks of Yinglucks Big Brothers tactics all over again.

It is about the simple fact that if they dont open the gates at least a litle then the water pressure build up will rip them apart and BKK will face a disaster.

Stop obsessing abotu Thaksin. He isnt God

can you or someone tell him that cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif well he can go shopping again this country voted for these morons and now reap what they sow Maybe the only way some of them will eventually see he and his lot could not care one bit for people. I do however feel a sorry for those who will also reap the effects of this huge balls up and noone could possibly defend this governments competence anymore can they. 10000 boats propellors to push water away YInglik's idea on thai TV to through stones into water and rest you could not make it up in a comedy movie. Sorry stupid idiots who can only care for one thing how to get their hero back

"A contingency plan has been prepared but we cannot disclose the details yet because it could create chaos. We'll have to wait for the proper time," Pol Gen Pracha said.

When will they stop treating the population like children and start telling the truth?

And right after the details are released does Yingluck get up and say "Okay you can panic now"?

Well, this morning I read

"Telling the public should not be panic, Yingluck suggested people to move their belongings to the second floor. If their houses are in lowlying areas, people should move their vehicles to higher ground."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Watergate-to-be-opened-to-drain-runoff-PM-30168145.html

(edit: add: Ms Yingluck asked the people to cooperate so that water could flow easily along all canals. So no swimming guys and remove all those boats!)

Edited by rubl

" the sister of fugitive former leader Thaksin Shinawatra"

I have seen this over and over, do you think this should be a good time to focus on attacking the flood problem than attacking a person?

not when that person has made things 100 times worse through stupidity and not caring and its to late to do anything time was weeks ago and do you really think this lot of muffins are going to handle aftermath and coming crisis and hardships with even semblance of care compassion or plan or anything totally pathetic whistling.gif

They were warned this would happen 30 years ago,building on flood plains,stealing the timber , and too many Dams, but BKK Rich got their Money , now they get their Guchi Loafers Wet.

The rich never get there feet wet unless for photos. No differant the world over. They will be long gone only to return to benefit again. Anyway Dubai is dry.

:whistling:

I'm not a defender of the current government by any means.

But some posters here are being unfair.

Do you know the joke about the 500 Kg gorrilla.

Question: Where does a 500 Kg gorilla go?

Answer: Just about any god----m place it wants to go.

Well the Chaopaya is like that 500 Kg gorrilla.

If it wants to go to to the ocean, that's where it's going.

And all the politicians and political parties in the world can't stop that.

Nor for that matter will sitting around a bar and bi---ing about it.

That's just a fact.

:whistling:

I just saw Khun Yingluck's iPhone while she was on TV.

I wonder if she has the new iPhone 4s yet?

Maybe that new speaking voice (Siri?) is advising her.

FYI No as she couldn't get it unlocked at MBK so it won't work in Dubai.

u

Finally, you're showing your true bigoted and racist self...

Quite a few of your own posts are xenophobic and bigoted.

unbelievable that people like you cant see noone is blaming her for floods just total idiotic way its being handled 10000 boats to push back water drop stones no preparation at all they have had 2 months to put into operation relief emergency food water and rest but done nothing and now its to late If their stupidity and incompetence did not affect millions it would be laughable. DO you or they have an IQ over 10 whistling.gif