Report: Gaddafi Killed In Sirte

Lite Beer

The new Libya could descend, like Saddam Hussein's Iraq, into bloody factionalism, lets hope this does not occur The liberation of Sirte must be the start of a process, to establish a democratic system in which all groups in the country have their place and where fundamental freedoms are guaranteed. A Tyrant he was but Gaddafi held the country together with an iron fist and fear. I can see a lot of factions jostling for ultimate control of the country now. The story has just begun.

Edited by softgeorge

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He was alive up to last moment, until he arrived at hospital" in the town of Misrata.

It looks like he was beaten to death by the mob from the videos that are coming out. When did he actually get shot in the head?

About 1 second after somebody who understands English told the mob he could be going to a place called the Hauge in a far off country to stand trial.

im not for or against the man,but he was a extraordinary and remarkable man that ruled his own way for 42 years, especially in the beginning he did a lot good but at the end the power and wealth was too much too handle for him and his family

aldo some ideas of his so called ''green book'' where dubious

“Freedom of expression,” Gaddafi also wrote in The Green Book, ‘is the right of every natural person, even if a person chooses to behave irrationally to express his or her insanity.”(see his clothes and hats)

“Placing a child in a day nursery is coercive and tyrannical and a violation of the child’s free and natural disposition.” you could see he was a familyman a family that used libya as a income for there extraordinary lifestyle,i think in the beginning gaddafi was just a colonel fighting for revolution but with great power comes great responsability.......

there where jobs for north-africans (aldo some said libiers where racists against blacks and used them for there dirty jobs) the yearly income of a working man was in Egypt is for example 3000 euro and in Libie it was 13.000 euro a year

Gadaffi also itnruduced against the unalfabetic so the people knew how to read and write on the other side the people where cut from freedom of speech it was for sure a dubious man

in the past there where the first concentration camps at the time of the Italian colonilism ,he refered it at his last meeting with Berlusconi ,a meeting where a lot of top holdings(Fiat,etc) and banks where to suck up Gaddafi for money and oil

oil was also the main reason that USA,France and Englend were against but also friends with this man and his libya

just 14 months ago he flew around the world kissing and hugging the worldleaders

i think they were fed up and taught this guy is getting old lets help the rebels a hand(there are dubious stories about cruelties against the people and servants of gaddafi) again Gaddafi's so called army was more of-African mercenaries(more thugs and criminals of the other African countries;that would rape and kill for a buck) i mean there were bombings and killings but by whom? and there were special forces in the country helping the rebels , i think thats why Gaddafi stayed his pride and his so called libya was betrayed in his eyes by his own and the worldpolitics that knew this man for 42 years also in the bombings his grandchildren(a granddaughter was only 3 year) and sons were killed and he was afterall a colonel a soldier (those who live by the sword,die by the sword) at the end the rebels caught in anger and savage killed and lynched this man , at the end the true winners are the media and the worldleads beacause now its a question will this country be torn up by the nomads for money ,power and oil or will it be a democracy

at the end it was just an old man begging for his life he was human but his end was not huminitair ,there are no winners in this world like berlusconi said in his responce: Sic transit gloria mundi "Thus passes the glory of the world" it was the end .

the french and american airplanes bombed the convoy and then the rebels caught him told in the media it remembered me that the same french sucked up to this countryleader for oil and money it remembered me that the french politics used to let there dirty work do by mercenaries and other people(see history) jean luc godard would call it ; ''orginazed death'' something where the leading powers are good in.

again i am not pro -dictatorship but there is more to the story that people like u and me will never know but just will be manipulated by the goverments and press(like an other dictator said;By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise . that for some people like the rebels will lead to savages that ends in mediacrazed youtubers with kalashnikovs,just read some robert ardrey books and u will see its in the nature of the man and that media is

im ending with a quote:

'' I have no regrets. I’ve seen so many people live so badly, and so many die so well”. G.GreeneGraham

anyway i thinGreene

im not for or against the man,but he was a extraordinary and remarkable man that ruled his own way for 42 years, especially in the beginning he did a lot good but at the end the power and wealth was too much too handle for him and his family

aldo some ideas of his so called ''green book'' where dubious

"Freedom of expression," Gaddafi also wrote in The Green Book, 'is the right of every natural person, even if a person chooses to behave irrationally to express his or her insanity."

Not so nutty as some might think. This type thinking goes hand in hand with others in the anti-psychiatry movement of the 60s, such as R.D. Laing. It also echoes Foucault's writing on the subject. Gaddafi was not the simple tyrant being depicted. And Libya will be much the worse without him, as it's partitioned by Anglo-French oil and water interests and administered by religious zealots. Sort of interesting to watch the Teapartiers and Leftwingers join hands and sing Kumbaya over the overthrow of what was the most advanced economy and society in North Africa.

ironically he ended like his regime made examples by publicly kills a person and send the message this is ur destiny if u cross the line; pappa gaddafi said, and this was the same message yesterday in the media behind the worldleaders to the world this happens to dictators . but u gotta say the man was even shaved at his end and hideaway not like saddam or osama with a beard and without comforts.

You folks that are bestowing honors on the man might think about trying to convince the family members of the 270 victims of Pan Am flight 103 and the citizens of Lockerbie, Scotland, what a good man he was.

It might be a hard sell.

.....And they all lived happily ever after under the benign leadership of OUR bloodthirsty maniac.

Circuses Without Bread

" The barefaced lie about Gadaffi being killed in the crossfire bodes ill for the openness, transparency and good government we can expect to see now in Libya. But today I am worrying about the effect on our society of human death as entertainment. I have never been an apologist for Gadaffi, but if his regime tortured and murdered, the remedy is not to torture and murder him – even the Nazis were given due process. "

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2011/10/circuses-without-bread/

I don't think Libya is yet at the point where it's interim government can be held responsible for it's rebels.

The video of his treatment was not nice to watch, but I don't think it wasn't ordered from the higher ups.

You folks that are bestowing honors on the man might think about trying to convince the family members of the 270 victims of Pan Am flight 103 and the citizens of Lockerbie, Scotland, what a good man he was.

It might be a hard sell.

we are not honoring the man but there is ubviously more than what the majority knows from media

unfortunally the victims are the innocent people like the ones in the bombing

everyone was hoping also the members of victims i presume that the capture and interrogation of Gaddafi revealed more about the background of these acts. there has been an investagation by the scottisch that there was a misjustice at the trial ; cia members and others were secretly bribed for 2 million and also about the police concealing the existence of a hidden witness who could prove that the accused Al-Megrahi was not purchaser of clothes and parts of wich were found at Lockerbie. British and American politicians and most of the media repeated the mindless mantra that Al-Megrahi is guilty because the evidence proved it .

there is more to the story but one of the people that knew more about these events is better of dead(that he already is ) according to most politicians and others

Edited by killerk

Obama has overseen the removal of the biggest tyrants in history all within one term specifically Bin laden and Gaddafi.

Was it good luck or stealth planning? IMO Obama has taken calculated risk to a new level combined with advancements in surveillance technology. (and big balls)

Al -qaeda seem to be stuck with dysfunction shoe and under pant bombs........... perception is everything :D

Obama welcome to your second term :jap:

It might be a hard sell.

Lockerbie was in the past (by the way, I was on the Pan Am flight the day before 103; it was Pan Am 101 and originated in Frankfurt and picked up passengers in London. The 103 flight went every other day and originated in London.) The US and Europe made peace with Gaddafi this past decade and he, in fact, joined them in fighting against Al Qaeda. Big mistake. The lesson from this episode, especailly for the North Koreans and Iranians, is: you can never trust America and Europe. Decommssion your weapons of mass desturction and NATO will turn on you in a second. Fact is: Gaddafi had the right to put down an armed rebellion in his country and the people in DC and Europe who had spent the last couple of years planning investments and telling him how good it was to be friends with him instead joined with the rebels, among whom are avowed terrorists. Nice job. Libya will drop from the list of advanced nations into a cesspool of America's and Europe's making.

It might be a hard sell.

Lockerbie was in the past (by the way, I was on the Pan Am flight the day before 103; it was Pan Am 101 and originated in Frankfurt and picked up passengers in London. The 103 flight went every other day and originated in London.) The US and Europe made peace with Gaddafi this past decade and he, in fact, joined them in fighting against Al Qaeda. Big mistake. The lesson from this episode, especailly for the North Koreans and Iranians, is: you can never trust America and Europe. Decommssion your weapons of mass desturction and NATO will turn on you in a second. Fact is: Gaddafi had the right to put down an armed rebellion in his country and the people in DC and Europe who had spent the last couple of years planning investments and telling him how good it was to be friends with him instead joined with the rebels, among whom are avowed terrorists. Nice job. Libya will drop from the list of advanced nations into a cesspool of America's and Europe's making.

Gaddafi had the right did he? Libya is a democratic country is it?

Honestly...

Didn't like Gadaffi ,but he kept his promise of going out with guns in his hands. Like like Mussolin, Gadaffi was lynched, poetic justice in my book but the fellow had balls for all of that unlike Saddam who took refuge in a dunny under the ground

aldo it may not be a democracy at the moment in Libya, ''A full and fair discussion is essential to democracy''Soros, here at Thaivisa

About America,France and UK ;Cliches about supporting rebels and troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the ditrubance in oil-countries will not end anytime soon.

the king of kings called in Africa by some he was much known about supporting rebels and dictators with his oil-dollars ,Idi-Amin the crazed dictator of Uganda was supported with weapons and money from Libya. After the fall of Idi-Amin he could flee to Libya.

Also Nelson Mandela; the anti-apartheid icon and the first black president in South-Africa ,will tell you that he had support from Kaddafi for his Arcian National Congres and his battle against apartheid.Mandela did not collapse in the 90ies from the pressure of the western countries to take distance from Kaddafi. He had a crucial role in ending the pariastate against Kaddafi beacause of the lockerbie incindent.

Also befriended with Kaddafi were Mugabe and Museveni this last one said about Kaddafi ''aldo his mistakes he was a true Nationalist, I prefer nationilists wrather then puppets of foreign countries''

Other leaders said that Kaddafi had a beautiful dream of a united states and Afrika'' quote from his ''green book''; "There are inevitable cycles of social history: the yellow race's domination of the world, when it came from Asia, and the white race's attempts at colonizing extensive areas of all continents of the world. Now, it is the turn of the black race to prevail in the world."

Tutu the nobel-price winner for peace said ; ''we will remember him only of the latest events that he bombed his own people''

the worldleaders are the true winners in this game played with humans for oil.power and money

''Classic is our cruelty ; We were born of risen apes, not fallen angels, and the apes were armed killers besides. And so what shall we wonder at? Our murders and massacres and missiles, and our irreconcilable regiments?" Robert Ardrey

okay the man is death, but again death is not a punishment its a release(for most believers) ,what about the real facts in this story of the Arab spring,again there are no real winners i mean the rebels shouting ''Allahu Ekber'' while they kicking a defenceless old man that was dying ,where does this say in there koran ,as a Dutch saying said; "When two dogs fight over a bone, a third one carries it away. '' and the third dog is in this story the outsiders not Libya or Africa.

Edited by killerk

It might be a hard sell.

Yes, Lockerbie was in the past, 1988. However, Gadhafi paid the $2.33 Billion to the families in 2008, which wasn't so long ago.

quote of chuckd : Yes, Lockerbie was in the past, 1988. However, Gadhafi paid the $2.33 Billion to the families in 2008, which wasn't so long ago

----

everyone was hoping also the members of victims i presume that the capture and interrogation of Gaddafi revealed more about the background of these acts. there has been an investagation by the scottisch that there was a misjustice at the trial ; cia members and others were secretly bribed for 2 million and also about the police concealing the existence of a hidden witness who could prove that the accused Al-Megrahi was not purchaser of clothes and parts of wich were found at Lockerbie. British and American politicians and most of the media repeated the mindless mantra that Al-Megrahi is guilty because the evidence proved it .

there is more to the story but one of the people that knew more about these events is better of dead(that he already is ) according to most politicians and others

----

again there is no hard evidence that Gaddafi was behind the bombing,there was definitly more to the story,again its really in the past now with a book closed forever yesterday,they may have money but they will never have there lives back both sides ,he made a gesture and payed and played his game into back to the worldleaders,again for example if u supported mike tyson as one of the greatest heavyweights in the ring doesnt mean we liked his ways outside the ring as a so called maniac and at the end the power and wealth was too much for him so his acting in the ring became same as outside the ring.

Edited by killerk

quote of chuckd : Yes, Lockerbie was in the past, 1988. However, Gadhafi paid the $2.33 Billion to the families in 2008, which wasn't so long ago

----

----

again there is no hard evidence that Gaddafi was behind the bombing,there was definitly more to the story,again its really in the past now with a book closed forever yesterday,they may have money but they will never have there lives back both sides ,he made a gesture and payed and played his game into back to the worldleaders,again for example if u supported mike tyson as one of the greatest heavyweights in the ring doesnt mean we liked his ways outside the ring as a so called maniac and at the end the power and wealth was too much for him so his acting in the ring became same as outside the ring.

That explains the x fire. Both sides shot him in fear of the lockerbie truth being told :rolleyes:

Good.

Free Housing, water, electricity, 50.000$ when you get married to buy a house, free medical care, free study (should you wish to); all paid by the bad dictator. Wait for the traditional joy cries when the NATO/french thieves of oil and water try to topple this heritage.

He shouldnt have done it without the IMF/Worldbank, independant.

And then a real currency backed by Gold, not promises, oh no no.

RIP

Complete <deleted> I'm afraid. Why don't you look up some stats before you blather about the wonderful psycho.

A lot of socialist blogs spread these lies about the mans nation of terror.

Kaddafy is the real HERO. i will tell about him my grandchildren

You hail a dictator that murdered thousands of his own, held the nation in an iron-fist (including forbidding from living in the 'old city') and might have been the highest person that 'OK'ed the Lockerby bombing...and you call him a...hero?

Seriously?

the so called cross fire by media and rebels is also again a mystery because the convoy was destroyed already and most were shot and captured, again its not about lockerbie, but dead men tell no tale, and for sure some leaders are glad he has been shot / shut down :-)