Ducati Monster 795

nikster

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Price is not the biggest issue but a consideration.

The Kawa is 280,000 and the Ducati is 399,000 which I assume is wothout taxes, insurance etc. So assume real price might be 420,000 or so.

Like another reader throwing 420,000 is a big swing for a bike I will realistically use 4-5 months a year.

Paying 40% and then a monthly payment would be ok if interest rate was 5-6% or the like.

Has anyone had any dealings with Ducati finance or another company that finances bikes.

My situation is I'm married to a Thai but she does not work, I work offshore so therefore dont have a Thai work permit but can prove employment thorugh bank accounts etc...

Had no problem getting finance for a car but belive that bikes are a different game.

The 400,000 THB is the price for the bike. You will probably pay about 14K for the insurance and maybe about 1K for the plate. I expect with demand being high there won't be any promotions. I believe the ER6n is 250K from looking at the other thread. As to whether or not its worth the extra dosh I guess its down to personal choice. The ER6 has ABS in its favour and the price whereas the monster has 150cc more, 14bhp more, sounds better and has a cooler image. I'm weighing up the same pros and cons myself and waiting for the new Ducati dealer in Pattaya to open :unsure:

• 3 months later...

I've just come back from putting down my 30K Baht deposit for a new Ducati M795. I've ordered bar raisers (18K THB) as I don't like the bent over seating position and a tail tidy (5.5 K THB). The thing that really shocked me was that they only sell them with Bangkok plates and they said they will get me a Rayong plates but charge me for someone to come from Bangkok to do it. My reply to that was Borrocksgiggle.gif as Mityon Pattaya had sorted out Rayong plates for both my Vespa and ER6n for a special number and both were free/minimal cost. I'm interested from hearing if anyone else has had the plate problem or found away around it. Also interested to hear from the opinions of M795 owners about the bike. My bike arrives June 30thclap2.gif

• Like 1

Congrats! biggrin.png

18k baht for bar raisers sounds excessive to be honest... shouldn't they be more like 3-4k at the most?

Its an official Ducati part and includes cables etc (I'm no engineer). I was surprised by the fact that so many parts on the bike are from Italy. It sounds like many of the parts come from Italy and the bike is assembled here, although there are some local parts. The servicing costs are a lot more than Kawssaki e.g 12K service is 5000 THB. There are a load of Ducati accessories and tasty prices e.g Termignoni exhausts @ 60,000, bikini fairing @ 20,000, monster art plastic add ons @ up tp 42,000. It reminds me of when I bought a MINI Cooper in the UK and the was a huge list of manufacturer accessories to up spec the car.

Congrats! biggrin.png

18k baht for bar raisers sounds excessive to be honest... shouldn't they be more like 3-4k at the most?

The servicing costs are a lot more than Kawssaki e.g 12K service is 5000 THB.

i recently paid 3000 to get a service at kawasaki (24.000)

actualy not so much cheaper than owning a ducatti

Congrats! biggrin.png

780B for my 650's 6000km service.

I love the 795 but those Ducati's must be running on premium olive oil... biggrin.png

Edited by karlos

Congrats! biggrin.png

780B for my 650's 6000km service.

Those Ducati's must be running on premium olive oil... biggrin.png

780 is very reasonable

i paid like 900 for "labour" which seems high for thailand

the rest of the breakdown was for :

spark plugs

brake fluid

oil

filter

to put that into perspective a honda warranty service costs about 200b incuding oil and labour

Edited by wana

Congrats! biggrin.png

Its an official Ducati part and includes cables etc (I'm no engineer). I was surprised by the fact that so many parts on the bike are from Italy. It sounds like many of the parts come from Italy and the bike is assembled here, although there are some local parts. The servicing costs are a lot more than Kawssaki e.g 12K service is 5000 THB. There are a load of Ducati accessories and tasty prices e.g Termignoni exhausts @ 60,000, bikini fairing @ 20,000, monster art plastic add ons @ up tp 42,000. It reminds me of when I bought a MINI Cooper in the UK and the was a huge list of manufacturer accessories to up spec the car.

Interesting... hmm... that's going to be an expensive hobby. The Monster isn't my thing but if they come out with a Hypermotard I might have to take the plunge...

Edited by nikster

So is the 795 a fair price or would I be better off with the Kawasaki

I test drove the 795 recently, it was awful!! riding position is terrible and the seat seems to push your crotch into the tank, my wrists were killing me after only a few kms, I went straight to Kawasaki and ordered the ER6n but canceled this when I returned and saw the new Z1000, the ER6n is a far better bike than the Monster and 150k less why would you buy the Ducati? the Z1000 is an awesome looking bike yes it is expensive but you only live once!!

As for the Z1000 not having ABS this is not a problem if you are a good driver!! one less thing to go wrong!!

Edited by kawapower

I test drove the 795 recently, it was awful!! riding position is terrible and the seat seems to push your crotch into the tank, my wrists were killing me after only a few kms, I went straight to Kawasaki and ordered the ER6n but canceled this when I returned and saw the new Z1000, the ER6n is a far better bike than the Monster and 150k less why would you buy the Ducati? the Z1000 is an awesome looking bike yes it is expensive but you only live once!!

As for the Z1000 not having ABS this is not a problem if you are a good driver!! one less thing to go wrong!!

i dont like the feeling of abs personaly because its intrusive and going slowly over rough terrain like ramps ,bumps, train tracks it juders the levers unnecessarily but its pretty obvious IT WORKS !

anyone who thinks abs is not good should watch this test with professional and experienced riders :

I bought the Ducati M795 as I had owned an ER6n for 3 years and I wanted a change. The main advantages are that its lighter, faster and sounds better than the ER6n. Yes its not the most comfortable bike in the world that's why I bought the bar risers and as I'm not using it as a tourer I don't care. If you want a naked twin and something that's not an Er6n or crazily expensive then there's no other choice apart from the M795. In reality its not worth 150K more but that's the price in Thailand. I'd prefer the Triumph street triple but as I think I pay enough in income tax in this country I don't want to pay unecessary tax on my toysgiggle.gif

i dont like the feeling of abs personaly because its intrusive and going slowly over rough terrain like ramps ,bumps, train tracks it juders the levers unnecessarily but its pretty obvious IT WORKS !

anyone who thinks abs is not good should watch this test with professional and experienced riders :

ABS is obviously a good thing to have, Wanting or needing ABS depends entirely on the type of driver you are, I never intentionally drive in the wet, if I should get caught in the rain I reduce my speed significantly as I have no confidence driving in the wet so therefore it is not needed by me, as far as I am aware ABS is mostly an advantage in the wet, if you should need it in the dry then in my opinion you are driving far to fast and not paying attention, again I would rather have it there but it would not stop me buying a certain bike.

the er6n is over weight ,its heavier than some litre bikes

ducatti is dry weight 167 ?

er6n is dry weight maybe 206?

ducatti should be more powerful ,more flickable ,better sounding ,faster + qicker off the line,better looks ,less of them on the roads ,etc etc etc

i dont know if its uncomfortable or not but there are many advanatges the ducatti has on the er6n and the er6n seems to be just "costing less " as its advantage

ducatti should be more powerful ,more flickable ,better sounding ,faster + qicker off the line,better looks ,less of them on the roads ,etc etc etc

i dont know if its uncomfortable or not but there are many advanatges the ducatti has on the er6n and the er6n seems to be just "costing less " as its advantage

I love the look of the Ducati but for me being 6'4" it was awful, I do believe the hp figures are almost identical not sure about torgue figures.

I love the look of the Ducati but for me being 6'4" it was awful, I do believe the hp figures are almost identical not sure about torgue figures.

Ducati has about 87 HP and kawa has 73 HP. Ducati has 150cc more and its lighter.

One of the best accessories you 795 Ducati buyers can get is a Ducati Performance Gel seat. The stock seat is very uncomfortable and you'll have a sore ar5e after an hour of riding. The gel seat however is uber comfortable and looks really smart with it's red stitching....

96766909B.jpg

One of the best accessories you 795 Ducati buyers can get is a Ducati Performance Gel seat. The stock seat is very uncomfortable and you'll have a sore ar5e after an hour of riding. The gel seat however is uber comfortable and looks really smart with it's red stitching....

And the price will be very smart too!!!

96766909B.jpg

I'd hate to see how much that costs, one might get there standard seat re-padded at a local Thai shop for a fraction of the price smile.png

It's Ducati, the accessories are not cheap....if you want cheap by Kawasaki

Why not just fold up a towel and tape it to the seat, if looks aren't important to you......

On the bike....

post-79999-0-71301800-1331027932_thumb.j

Edited by Rickster

When you buy a Ducati I don't think value for money is top of the list of considerations. Lot's of people saying the M795 is cramped and uncomfy, hopefully they will start making the more spacious Hypermotard soon too.

Edited by madjbs

I'd hate to see how much that costs, one might get there standard seat re-padded at a local Thai shop for a fraction of the price smile.png

Why not just fold up a towel and tape it to the seat, if looks aren't important to you......

On the bike....

the gel seat for the kawasaki is 18,000 thb so i wouldnt exactly call it "cheap"

Edited by wana

Well that's dearer than the Ducati one, does it have gold stitching!!! 55555

no,but its imported so excessive tax in thailand

its costs 400 usd in america and 300 pounds in the uk so it seems expensive everywhere to get the kawasaki gel seat

On the bike....

Parts for the Z1000 are not cheap,all my accessories are coming from the USA, Italy and Spain, and yes the M795 is extremely uncomfortable in my opinion.

On the bike....

I was trying to be constructive; there are plenty of good shops around Thailand that can make an even more comfortable seat for a fraction of that gel seat.

As for folding a towel up and sticking it to my seat......

rolleyes.gif