Thai Person Opening Company In Tax Haven

Dear members,

I've been searching the internet for a while for an answer to this question:

Is it allowed for a Thai person that has no income in Thailand to open a company in, for example, Belize (0% tax country)?

Will he/she still have to pay some kind of tax over the company income to Thailand? Is it seen as tax avoidance or illegal in any other way by Thai law? The Belize company does not have any business with customers from Thailand or Belize or USA but has income mainly from The Netherlands and other EU countries. The Thai person will not receive salary, all the company income will be spend with the company credit card on company expenses.

I have asked a Thai business lawyer about this to get the amazing answer: "who cares, just do it". Personally i like to be a nit better informed than that. An answer to this question would be great, but the name and number of a law-firm that will be able to answer my question is very welcome too.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Spoonzor

Edited by spoonzor

Can't see ay problem with a Thai national doing this, the income is not earned in Thailand, so should not be a problem, one assumes the Thai national concered lives in Thailand for 180+ days a year so "technically" they should be paying tax on the "salary" earned, but the Thai tax man is going to have problems even tracking the income down.

Is it fully "legal" no...will the Thai national get caught ?.....most likely not

Has this vehicle actually been put in place yet or are you just investigating this ?

Thanks for your quick response! As i mentioned before, there won't be any salary/income towards the Thai company owner or any other Thai person. So income tax on salary is not the point then i guess? Or do i see this wrong?

At the moment just investigating but planning to put this in place on very short notice.

It's not so much about Thai government finding out, they won't. I was just wondering if it is possible to do it in a legal way.

<br />Thanks for your quick response! As i mentioned before, there won't be any salary/income towards the Thai company owner or any other Thai person. So income tax on salary is not the point then i guess? Or do i see this wrong?<br /><br />At the moment just investigating but planning to put this in place on very short notice.<br /><br />It's not so much about Thai government finding out, they won't. I was just wondering if it is possible to do it in a legal way.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Our ANSWER on a private basis

I/ we have several decades of experiences with offshore and on shore set up of companies from London and to run them according to their individual economic reasons. Those days it is not acceptable to hear or read as an advise to do it and to do not think. You have to be international meaning the set up has to be created from an offshore base and nothing to transpire in national country of beneficiary origin. If Thai does it better it is not proved in Thailand the sources of expenses are from undisclosed origins. Second you have to use preferably the ccard connected with this offshore account not on the national country of beneficiary national. Finally it is over the time of pretending ( Thaksin and his lawyers did it eminently and that was easy for Thai Authorities to tax him heavily now LISTEN rules are based on beneficial final owner for everything done. Though THINK hard how NOT to be STUPID. Regards