PM Yingluck May Work With Abhisit To Tackle Flood

webfact

If called up, this disaster is bigger than politics, bigger than political parties; every person who can contribute should be doing so.

The offer has been (AFAIK) on the table for weeks now for Abhisit to do more, if the PM takes up that offer, then that hopefully will help manage the crisis more effectively.

yes, the red shirts may be trying to milk things, yes Thaksin is branding our donations as his own aid, yes there are people spreading false rumours about Democrats/Yingluck/others...however the bigger person here needs to set that aside and do the right thing, for the good of the people.

Otherwise we are stuck with FROCwits like Plodprasob and Karun and Nattawut, whose combined expertise in flood crisis management is probably equivalent to an overflowing bath and who to date have proved unable to cope.

It's too late to stop it, it's not too late to help fix the upcoming humanitarian crisis.

+1

I have a horrible feeling that we will start to see the suffering rise exponentially fairly soon while the politicians of both sides keep trying to score PR points.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes inviting as many people as possible to help would be a bold and innovative strategy.

Yes For good sake don't be shy and work with anyone who can help you. So far you have massed up everything working with your (Mr. T) inexperienced appointees

Edited by givenall

sounds to me like the military just took a huge involvement in this based on this announcement and a previous one

so who's running the show now ????????

also from reading about the deputy pm almost every day up until a couple of weeks ago - where is he ????????

from being so outspoken to complete silence is very loud to me.

- snipe -

The knee-jerk Thaksinophobes probably have no idea he spent last week in the Maldives. Not rumor, acknowledged by his spokesman. Some top secret flood meeting with the their president undoubtedly.

You mean, same as Yingluck when she went to Burma while her people were dying? Difference is that she IS the PM

Who, me ? - do you recognize how ineffective the comparison sounds, official state visit of newly elected PM in September vs long weekend holiday jaunt at the height of the crisis?

I was sure that I would have this kind of answer....

Now tell me again, who is the PM in charge (or rather who is supposed to be in charge)?

you are so funny.

who is the Party Leader of the Democrats? That is the person who skipped out of the country.

In the end, it is at best a tone-deaf political gaff. To make a comparison with the PM's official visits is , well, forget it... no one is going to stop lampooning their favorite targets here anyway.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra may soon invite Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to work as a team for flood control in the capital,

Hmm, don't you think she should wait a bit longer? /sarc

Maybe she has waited long enough for him to get back from the beach already :whistling:

The knee-jerk Thaksinophobes probably have no idea he spent last week in the Maldives. Not rumor, acknowledged by his spokesman. Some top secret flood meeting with the their president undoubtedly.

I think everybody knows, but I don't think anybody cares. And why should they?

- snip -

Maybe she has waited long enough for him to get back from the beach already :whistling:

You mean, same as Yingluck when she went to Burma while her people were dying? Difference is that she IS the PM

Who, me ? - do you recognize how ineffective the comparison sounds, official state visit of newly elected PM in September vs long weekend holiday jaunt at the height of the crisis?

I understand how ineffective the comparison is, but apparently you don't. One is a PM and the other is an opposition party list MP of a Parliament not in session.

Edited by serenitynow

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra may soon invite Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to work as a team for flood control in the capital,

Abhisit isn't in the current government is he? So............

If called up, this disaster is bigger than politics, bigger than political parties; every person who can contribute should be doing so.

It's too late to stop it, it's not too late to help fix the upcoming humanitarian crisis.

+1

I have a horrible feeling that we will start to see the suffering rise exponentially fairly soon while the politicians of both sides keep trying to score PR points.

The American Ambassador has just revealed the numbers used by the Democrats and most NGOs but not acceptable to FROC regarding the level of crisis; insiders have been saying 7.5m affected not counting if Bangkok floods...FROC says 2.5m.

US Ambassador has now stated "Devastating floods have affected 9 million people in Thailand."

She has access to real information, and has made her decision on how many she thinks is true....and is not subject to the pressures that FROC is placing on NGOs and the media as occurred during the tsunami and bird flu (where facts were concealed, repackaged, not presented, hidden, etc).

The first step is accepting the degree of crisis. The next step is doing something about it.

Tlansford I cannot decide whether you don't understand how crisis management works, or you are attempting to subvert conversation regarding cooperation and work needed to ease the pain of this very real crisis.

As stated earlier, and from personal knowledge, there are many MPs and figures on both sides that are ready to drop all allegiances and work with ANYONE to try to help. Senior Democrats included.

The army can be made to help.

Foreign governments are willing to help.

What is missing is the clarity of planning and willingness to hand over control to a person who makes decisions and acts wisely with the experience to know how to manage a crisis. A good leader leads; a better leader finds the person most suited to leading each task, and gives control of tactics to that person; focusing on the overall strategy and plan needed overall.

Right now, Yingluck is obviously unable to perform. Perhaps working with Abhisit they can jointly. Better still....<deleted> hand it over to the army; they don't want it now because no one wants to accept the bag of dog poo after the dog has done its business, but they are the most qualified to manage things from here on in. And we pay them to accept the dog poo.

This Poo government needs all the help it can get; relying on distant relatives (distance wise) is a recipe for poo patpong curry. Now while many of us like Patpong and many like curry, that's not the dish we need to solve this crisis.

This sounds more like the Military telling PTP to start playing nice

for ALL sides, not JUST their own.

Ok Madam, make an 'Obvious Gesture' from top down:

Current PM work with last PM and very publicly.

And MAKE IT WORK for ALL the people.

Edited by animatic

The Democrats said it was a long planned 3 day holiday. Was he missed?

Nope, but not politically astute to leave Thailand. Then again political acumen has never been a strength of Mr. Abhisit.

It seems Yingluk is ready for more bad news - tissue box close at hand.

30168680-01.jpg

You haven't been in Asia very long, have you ??

There are toilet rolls on dining tables...........( like to see that in middle class Melbourne)

She looks serious and composed to me, not exactly looking in panic for her wellies.

you are so funny.

who is the Party Leader of the Democrats? That is the person who skipped out of the country.

In the end, it is at best a tone-deaf political gaff. To make a comparison with the PM's official visits is , well, forget it... no one is going to stop lampooning their favorite targets here anyway.

As PM last year, Abhisit cancelled trips to Australia & USA whilst a large group of violent yobs were throwing grenades around, downtown. A state trip can always be re-scheduled, a flood however, although they seem to have tried, cannot.

And where were most of the Shinawatras during the mayhem?? They moved overseas before the sh!t hit the fan.

Big difference, dear chap.

Nope, but not politically astute to leave Thailand. Then again political acumen has never been a strength of Mr. Abhisit.

Yeah, GK, well said.

As I wrote three hours ago:

"Anyway this k. Abhisit who a few posters here had written off as "THE Thai people have spoken, THE Thai people don't want him", now is wanted? Please help, save us from this totally unorganised, twisting around PM and FROC? Please stay home next to the phone, the PM can call because she may want to work with you. 'obviously' there must be some humour in this, somewhere, under hardly more than a meter of water probably :ermm: "

+1

The American Ambassador has just revealed the numbers used by the Democrats and most NGOs but not acceptable to FROC regarding the level of crisis; insiders have been saying 7.5m affected not counting if Bangkok floods...FROC says 2.5m.

US Ambassador has now stated "Devastating floods have affected 9 million people in Thailand."

She has access to real information, and has made her decision on how many she thinks is true....and is not subject to the pressures that FROC is placing on NGOs and the media as occurred during the tsunami and bird flu (where facts were concealed, repackaged, not presented, hidden, etc).

The first step is accepting the degree of crisis. The next step is doing something about it.

Tlansford I cannot decide whether you don't understand how crisis management works, or you are attempting to subvert conversation regarding cooperation and work needed to ease the pain of this very real crisis.

As stated earlier, and from personal knowledge, there are many MPs and figures on both sides that are ready to drop all allegiances and work with ANYONE to try to help. Senior Democrats included.

The army can be made to help.

Foreign governments are willing to help.

What is missing is the clarity of planning and willingness to hand over control to a person who makes decisions and acts wisely with the experience to know how to manage a crisis. A good leader leads; a better leader finds the person most suited to leading each task, and gives control of tactics to that person; focusing on the overall strategy and plan needed overall.

Right now, Yingluck is obviously unable to perform. Perhaps working with Abhisit they can jointly. Better still....<deleted> hand it over to the army; they don't want it now because no one wants to accept the bag of dog poo after the dog has done its business, but they are the most qualified to manage things from here on in. And we pay them to accept the dog poo.

This Poo government needs all the help it can get; relying on distant relatives (distance wise) is a recipe for poo patpong curry. Now while many of us like Patpong and many like curry, that's not the dish we need to solve this crisis.

I am curious about your phrase "..the army can be made to help... "

Does that mean, or imply, that they are currently something less than 100% behind the Government ??

yep, just in case, to make sure, maybe by then it has all passed....meanwhile busy re-labeling sponsored aid goods... hope it's only one of these rumors! :rolleyes:

Inviting people from the opposition has nothing to do with protecting the people, Yingluck has already shown she doesn't care about the people, just go and ask the people of the already flooded areas.

But this has everything to do with spreading the blame game that is bound to arise when the elite Bangkokians get flooded as well as the poor folk in the central belt.

Right on now she will be able to put some of the blame on the Democrats for the governments lack oof action. I can see it all now we meaning her and the democrats tried are best. If it gets really bad is there any chance she will ask the US Navy to come back and help with their helicopters and ability to produce free water.

Not to mention man power.

You are so right, he does not cry nearly enough to be considered a political heavyweight like you know who.... idiotic as usual Gk thanks for being consistent.

All you have to do is follow his posts for a few days and you will see the term troll was coined with him in mind. Great for a laugh but little else...

Yeah, GK, well said.

I don't understand you. You are complaining about the people criticizing yingluck but it's ok for you to criticize Abhisit? Double standards?

Why not criticizing Thaksin? He's the one who must be responsible because he promised "Thaksin thinks and Pua thai acts".

I don't understand you. You are complaining about the people criticizing yingluck but it's ok for you to criticize Abhisit? Double standards?

Why not criticizing Thaksin? He's the one who must be responsible because he promised "Thaksin thinks and Pua thai acts".

You aren't meant to understand them, just another in a long line of red shirt trolls who will disagree with anything and anybody, they are meant to be looked as a comedy act nobody take them seriously.

Wasn't Yungluck the one that was saying for the past week that this is a time for everyone to put aside their political differences and work together? Apparently she does not rule by example.

Edited by ES1

"Nope, but not politically astute to leave Thailand."

I said the same thing when I found out. But, honestly, does/did it make any difference.

The only reason it was a bad move is because Thaksin/Red shirt supporters would make a huge deal about it.

But, he is an opposition leader. He has no power to do anything. He was only away for 3 days and, I'm sure, still in contact with "the real world".

As someone pointed out earlier, if Thaksin can run things for a couple of years from Dubai, how hard would it be for Abhisit to run things (does he have anything to run) for 3 days in the Maldives.

Absolutely an invalid comparison--a fallacy.

- snip -

+3 -- is this yahoo or yahoos? PS: "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." (a favorite movie of mine) and the quote originally came from old ingenious Albert OneMug before he was known fore E=mc squared..

Reading the claptrap on this thread makes me humbly thankful that posters on TV have absolutely no political power.