Motorbike/Scooter Licence

Spoonman

100cc to 2300cc same lisence, and tests are piece of cake :)

Don't know if the rules are the same, but, when I got car and bike licence at the same time I had to show Non-Imm visa and UK licence covering car and bike. Took an eyesight, colour blindness check and paid about 150 baht for both. Recently had to re-new, after 5 years and got the new style hard card. Only thing was had to sit and watch a video on road safety for 45 minutes or so but was more expensive, around a 1000 baht from memory, but I'm getting old, so check the figures yourself.

guys,how difficult is it to get a bike licence, last time i was on a bike was was a a year ago . i ride everytime i come to thailand but as i will be living in hat yai next year .the best kept secret in thailand .i thought i better get a licence, james :)

Don't know if the rules are the same, but, when I got car and bike licence at the same time I had to show Non-Imm visa and UK licence covering car and bike. Took an eyesight, colour blindness check and paid about 150 baht for both. Recently had to re-new, after 5 years and got the new style hard card. Only thing was had to sit and watch a video on road safety for 45 minutes or so but was more expensive, around a 1000 baht from memory, but I'm getting old, so check the figures yourself.

some DLT require 60 days tourist visa, some accept any entrystamp

if they accept your home country lisence, no theory or driving test, but as tests are so simple, why not do the tests?

fees are approx 100 baht/year, so 100 baht for first year, and 500 baht for next 5 years

guys,how difficult is it to get a bike licence, last time i was on a bike was was a a year ago . i ride everytime i come to thailand but as i will be living in hat yai next year .the best kept secret in thailand .i thought i better get a licence, james :)

If you don't have a license from home then you need to do the multiple choice theory and practical tests. There are some online resources for helping with the theory test and my local office has a test terminal in he lobby that you can switch to English to learn the answers before trying for real. The practical involves riding around a short course in the test centre, make a few turns, go through some cones and along a raised strip for 20m or so. None of it is difficult at all. It took me longer messing around in immigration and clinics getting the required paperwork first!