Roku Highly Recommended By Cnet

THAIPHUKET

Kevin, True has two different services under their Ultra High Speed banner:

--their cable internet or often called DOCSIS service, which arrives on the same cable as their cable TV.

--then also their DSL service, which arrives via regular phone line.

Different plans and different prices and different speed options for each, though they're listed together on the same True UHS web page. DSL is probably more widely available... compared to cable internet probably having a smaller service footprint.

Strange it doesn't work for you. works perfectly for me and others.

Perhaps you set the router DNS then did not change the individual PC DNS so it was using those instead of what your set in the router.

Actually using VPN with a Roku or apple tv etc. is pretty much a nightmare as you will need to get a VPN capable router or flash it with a VPN firmware - just not that easy.

Reference 3bb 6mb a colleague use's that with unblock-us works fine however when using VPN he had many rebutters and pauses and stream quality drops on the roku.

Unblock us does mention on their site that having True can be a problem since they use transparent proxy.

Strange it doesn't work for you. works perfectly for me and others.

Perhaps you set the router DNS then did not change the individual PC DNS so it was using those instead of what your set in the router.

Actually using VPN with a Roku or apple tv etc. is pretty much a nightmare as you will need to get a VPN capable router or flash it with a VPN firmware - just not that easy.

Reference 3bb 6mb a colleague use's that with unblock-us works fine however when using VPN he had many rebutters and pauses and stream quality drops on the roku.

Unblock us does mention on their site that having True can be a problem since they use transparent proxy.

I on True and I dont have problem using Unblock-US to stream. :)

I on True and I dont have problem using Unblock-US to stream.

Me too. Never had any problem with True using Unblock-US to stream data. Actually 90% of the people I know using it are all on True without issue.

I am not convinced that it is a transparent Proxy service also if that was the case then it would work with all content providers that require a US IP address it does not do this only the supported ones. And the stream from the provider comes direct to your Thailand based computer. For example you still retain your local IP not the IP of a Proxy.

it would seem to provide us ip address for the LOCATION check for hulu or netflix for example and was that is satisfied the content stream is direct.

Of course the advantage of this is ease of setup with all the devices in your house no need to connect and disconnect from a VPN and of course much fast streaming than VPN and it is selective so all other net applications or uses do not go through a third party slowing your connection.

I on True and I dont have problem using Unblock-US to stream.

Me too. Never had any problem with True using Unblock-US to stream data. Actually 90% of the people I know using it are all on True without issue.

I am not convinced that it is a transparent Proxy service also if that was the case then it would work with all content providers that require a US IP address it does not do this only the supported ones. And the stream from the provider comes direct to your Thailand based computer. For example you still retain your local IP not the IP of a Proxy.

it would seem to provide us ip address for the LOCATION check for hulu or netflix for example and was that is satisfied the content stream is direct.

Of course the advantage of this is ease of setup with all the devices in your house no need to connect and disconnect from a VPN and of course much fast streaming than VPN and it is selective so all other net applications or uses do not go through a third party slowing your connection.

Yes. The advantage on Bold is the main reason I use unblock-us. I have 1 US IP VPS at my dispose. But I still prefer DNS methond than VPN method for content streaming