Lantern Festival 2011

differentbutsamesame

Yee Peng Lanna International (Lantern Release) Nov. 9, 2011 / 17.00-20.30

Limited participant only 1,000 people. Registeration Fee 100 USD at website yeepenglanna.net (100 USD included trasportation, dinner, lantern and souvenir)

Yee Peng Muang Chiang Mai

Nov. 8-11, 2011 - Nov. 8, 2011

Lantern Parade in the evening from Thapae Gate to Chang Klan Rd.-

Nov. 9-10, 2011

Miss Yee Peng Beauty Contest & Kiddy Contest-

Nov. 10, 2011

Floating Krathong Parade in the evening from Thapae Gate to Prai Sa Nee Rd. till Municipality Office (white Pagoda)-

Nov. 11, 2011

Big Krathong Parade in the evening from Thapae Gate to Prai Sa Nee Rd. till Municipality Office (white Pagoda)

Call +66 (0) 5324 5032

Long Sa Pao Chao Wieng La Kon, (Loi Krathong in Lampang)

Nov. 9-11, 2011 at the bank of Wang River, Lampang City-

Nov. 9, 2011

Arch Decorating Contest (Festivity Beleive)-

Nov. 10, 2011

Floating Sa Pao Parade from Behind Van San Wood Hospital to Yang Dam-

Nov. 11, 2011

Big Sa Pao Parade from Kao Jao T Junction to Nakorn Gate

Call +66 (0) 5423 7237

Loy Krathong Festival in Lamphun

Nov. 9-11, 2011at Tha Kham Bridge, Muang lamphun-

Nov. 9, 2011 Small Krathong Parade from Inthayongyos Rd. till city moat-

Nov. 10, 2011 Opening Ceremony & Local Market-

Nov. 11, 2011 Big Krathong Parade, Kiddy Contest, Fire work at Inthayongyos Rd., Chang Sri Gate, Rob Mung Rd. and Tha Kham Bridge

Call +66 (0) 5353 0683

Edited by Yelly

Limited participant only 1,000 people. Registeration Fee 100 USD at website yeepenglanna.net (100 USD included trasportation, dinner, lantern and souvenir)

Nov. 9-10, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

Floating Krathong Parade in the evening from Thapae Gate to Prai Sa Nee Rd. till Municipality Office (white Pagoda)-

Nov. 11, 2011

Big Krathong Parade in the evening from Thapae Gate to Prai Sa Nee Rd. till Municipality Office (white Pagoda)

Call +66 (0) 5324 5032

Nov. 9, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

Nov. 11, 2011

Call +66 (0) 5423 7237

Nov. 11, 2011 Big Krathong Parade, Kiddy Contest, Fire work at Inthayongyos Rd., Chang Sri Gate, Rob Mung Rd. and Tha Kham Bridge

Call +66 (0) 5353 0683

Thanks for the info!

"located on grass ground floor with 1 piece of ground lantern to light during the ceremony , 1 piece of floating lantern and one mat "

But what the hell? A 100 USD fee to let up a hot air balloon?

That's 100.000 USD they make in 1 night, what are the monks going to do with all that money?

Edit:

The festival seems to be organized by the "Duangtawan Santiparp Foundation". A google search shows the "foundation" is only linked to the festival so the money will be flowing to the organizers pockets. I was hoping the money would go to the flood victims or any other charity so i will have to pass on this event, it just doesn't feel right.

I'll just have to wait for the real free event next year on october 29th...

Edited by differentbutsamesame

Nov. 9-10, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

Nov. 11, 2011

Call +66 (0) 5324 5032

Nov. 9, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

Nov. 11, 2011

Call +66 (0) 5423 7237

Call +66 (0) 5353 0683

Thanks for the info!

"located on grass ground floor with 1 piece of ground lantern to light during the ceremony , 1 piece of floating lantern and one mat "

That's 100.000 USD they make in 1 night, what are the monks going to do with all that money?

the free version of this was last Saturday (29th Oct) and it was a great night.

Nov. 9-10, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

Nov. 11, 2011

Call +66 (0) 5324 5032

Nov. 9, 2011

Nov. 10, 2011

Nov. 11, 2011

Call +66 (0) 5423 7237

Call +66 (0) 5353 0683

Thanks for the info!

the free version of this was last Saturday (29th Oct) and it was a great night.

I hope to enjoy it next year!

Thanks for the info!

Edit:

The festival seems to be organized by the "Duangtawan Santiparp Foundation". A google search shows the "foundation" is only linked to the festival so the money will be flowing to the organizers pockets. I was hoping the money would go to the flood victims or any other charity so i will have to pass on this event, it just doesn't feel right.

Looking at the website just a little bit more, the event just sounds like an attempt to upsell their "7-day special meditation retreat in chiang mai" priced at 9.300THB.

This event has nothing to do with buddhism, it's just a marketing trick to get more money from the farang.

People also light and release lanterns on the plaza in front of Thapae Gate all evening during Loi Krathong. Not quite as dramatic as watching everyone release lanterns at the same time, but the price is right (free except for the cost of a lantern) and you can still get some great photos, especially close-ups of people lighting and holding down the lanterns until they're ready to fly.

Edited by NancyL

People also light and release lanterns on the plaza in front of Thapae Gate all evening during Loi Krathong. Not quite as dramatic as watching everyone release lanterns at the same time, but the price is right (free except for the cost of a lantern) and you can still get some great photos, especially close-ups of people lighting and holding down the lanterns until they're ready to fly.

Thanks NancyL, i'll def. check that out. Although i hoped the big event where everybody releases their lanterns at the same time would be the highlight of my trip - which i just missed, i'm sure i will have a great time.

Is this a question or an answer? Why you bother what are the monks going to do with those money?? What a question!!!!

what are the monks going to do with all that money?

Edit:

Is this a question or an answer? Why you bother what are the monks going to do with those money?? What a question!!!!

Because it would be right if they donated that money to the flood victims or any other charity instead of shoving it into their pockets.

Do you work for the organization? Non-profit my ass. It's a marketing stunt to upsell their 7-days meditation course to farangs who like to dress up in traditional lana clothing.

They look like those indian "guru's" who preach all should be equal but in the meanwhile live in castles and have hundreds underpaid staff.

Edit:

Also, it's organized by a "non-profit" organization so yes, i can ask what they are going to do with the money. If you donate 100 USD to a charity or non-profit foundation you assume the money ends up with the people that need it the most and not in the director's pockets.

Because it would be right if they donated that money to the flood victims or any other charity instead of shoving it into their pockets.

Do you work for the organization? Non-profit my ass. It's a marketing stunt to upsell their 7-days meditation course to farangs who like to dress up in traditional lana clothing.

They look like those indian "guru's" who preach all should be equal but in the meanwhile live in castles and have hundreds underpaid staff.

Edit:

Also, it's organized by a "non-profit" organization so yes, i can ask what they are going to do with the money. If you donate 100 USD to a charity or non-profit foundation you assume the money ends up with the people that need it the most and not in the director's pockets.

I must admit even on the free event last week there were people forcing leaflets on you to try and get you to take the 7 day course, it got a bit annoying after the first couple of attempts.

1st, I am not working for any organization.

2nd The profits all into their pockets, do you have any proofs?

3rd How you know they did not use the money to do any charities, for the poor, for the orphans, for the aged...........

4th Farangs pay for it, meaning Farangs are all foolish?

5th No supply no demand, so who supply in the first place and lastly................

Mind your words too, your mouth stinks!

Edit:

Edited by veryruay

3rd How you know they did not use the money to do any charities, for the poor, for the orphans, for the aged...........

5th No supply no demand, so who supply in the first place and lastly................

1. Good for you

2/3. How much more proof do you want.

- It shows the "foundation" is only linked to the festival

- The website is like an upsell for their "7-day-meditation blabla course"

- Foundations who DO use the money for the good clearly mention that in their program, on the website or it's mentioned by other websites/sources. This foundation doesn't mention anything nor can i find anything about it on the internet

- They spammed people with their 7-day meditation holiday at the free event.

- It's a business disguised as a foundation that uses buddhism as credibility factor. Exactly the same as all those "christian" foundations and Indian guru's that make money.

4. Hey if you want to pay money to a business that disguises itself as a foundation, go ahead. It's covered up quite good though and naive people like you fall for it.

5. Cheers mate

Or is there a free lunch in this world?

I'm not paying for that, but I respect every ceremony held.

Who don't know what's up, but be humble, keep it to yourself, you want people to respect you, please respect others too!

Cheers too!

1. Good for you

2/3. How much more proof do you want.

- It shows the "foundation" is only linked to the festival

- The website is like an upsell for their "7-day-meditation blabla course"

- Foundations who DO use the money for the good clearly mention that in their program, on the website or it's mentioned by other websites/sources. This foundation doesn't mention anything nor can i find anything about it on the internet

- They spammed people with their 7-day meditation holiday at the free event.

- It's a business disguised as a foundation that uses buddhism as credibility factor. Exactly the same as all those "christian" foundations and Indian guru's that make money.

4. Hey if you want to pay money to a business that disguises itself as a foundation, go ahead. It's covered up quite good though and naive people like you fall for it.

5. Cheers mate