Public Unsatisfied With PM's Performance: Bangkok Poll

webfact

Poll: Public Unsatisfied with PM's Performance

The latest Bangkok Poll shows most flood victims are not satisfied with the prime minister's three months in office.

However, around 56 percent still have hopes for this administration's flood rehabilitation measures.

The Bangkok Poll from Bangkok University surveyed opinions of residents aged over 18 regarding the three-month management of Prime Minster Yingluck Shinawatra.

The results showed that out of ten, Yingluck scored 4.98. Her highest score is 5.61 for diligence and her lowest score is 4.34 for decisiveness.

When comparing her scores with former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's scores in December 2010, Yingluck scored a little lower by an average of 0.19 percent.

Regarding the satisfaction with the Yingluck Cabinet's management during the last three months, it was found that out of ten, the government gained 4.78.

It received the highest score of 5.09 for foreign negotiations and the lowest score of 4.52 for economic development.

When comparing the Yingluck administration's scores with the Abhisit administration, the current group of ministers did better by an average of 0.17 percent.

With regards to Yingluck's management in dealing with the floods, 55.8 percent of the respondents believe in Yingluck's flood rehabilitation measures whereas 44.2 percent do not.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-08

footer_n.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words: both are pretty much alike, when it comes to public acceptance!

Who would have guessed?!

The quite obvious difference is that they are comparing Yingluck's rating at the beginning of her term to Abhisit's at the end of his. It would be more fair to compare the ratings for similar periods of their term.

Who would have guessed?!

The quite obvious difference is that they are comparing Yingluck's rating at the beginning of her term to Abhisit's at the end of his. It would be more fair to compare the ratings for similar periods of their term.

I think it says a lot that they received similar responses. Think about it-the majority of the voting public (Red Shirts/PTT) would've have scored Abhisit low out of priniciple, whereas now they score their Supreme Leader low based on fact, which has a lot more credibility considering they put her in office. If I was Abhisit, i'd be smiling right now.

Who would have guessed?!

I would have guessed that the person who "won in a landslide" but a few short months ago would have had at least double the acceptance.... not less.

Edited by Buchholz

Who would have guessed?!

I would have guessed that the person who "won in a landslide" but a few short months ago would have had at least double the acceptance.... not less.

Tricky isn't when polls don't support one's prejudices and one is reduced to weak platitudes.Conventional wisdom is that support for the government has plummeted but this poll doesn't show that.Never mind I'm sure there will be polls aplenty over time to support every position.

Must have been like a family fortunes survey. "out of a 100 people" shame that those surveyed were just friends and family of the current government... If they had surveyed where I was handing out foods and medicines with my staff on Sunday, the results would never have been close to those above

Who would have guessed?!

Conventional wisdom is that support for the government has plummeted but this poll doesn't show that.

So this poll that has a landslide winner from just 12 weeks ago dropping to less than her opponent doesn't reflect a plummet?

:D oh ok, if you say so...

So this poll that has a landslide winner from just 12 weeks ago dropping to less than her opponent doesn't reflect a plummet?

I'm sure the government has taken a political hit as a result of the flooding crisis, and its poor performance particularly in coordination and communication.But you are reading too much into the poll or rather drawing conclusions the poll doesn't really support.

I'm sure the government has taken a political hit as a result of the flooding crisis, and its poor performance particularly in coordination and communication.But you are reading too much into the poll or rather drawing conclusions the poll doesn't really support.

So now you admit that the poll does reflect a drop in the public opinion and you agree with my initial post which surmised the same.

Glad we got that cleared up. :huh:

Phue Thai is debating internally over how to remove the BMA governor so that they can take control over ( lack of ) floods management./via@thanongK

If they manage to do this, I guess her polls will drop farther downward. Then she can take ALL the credit.

P.T. wants to remove an official elected by the people. Wasn't their little claim to fame something along the lines of Democracy and let the people decide? Strange how they can justify even thinking about after all the crap last year.

Phue Thai is debating internally over how to remove the BMA governor so that they can take control over ( lack of ) floods management./via@thanongK

Interesting to see how the Thaksin puppets and cronies want to remove an elected governor, strange how their principles are changing from "Democracy to Dictatorship"

P.T.P. Personal Thaksin Property democracy at work. Who or what is next on the list one might ask ?

If they manage to do this, I guess her polls will drop farther downward. Then she can take ALL the credit.

Doesn't make any sense as she effectively already has control. Since invoking the Disaster Act on October 26, she has nation-wide control and can over-rule any and all decisions of local directors, eg. BKK Governor.

In essence, it is her credit since then as anytime she disagrees with how a local director is running their area, she can step in. If she doesn't, one can conclude she agrees with how it is being run.

So now you admit that the poll does reflect a drop in the public opinion and you agree with my initial post which surmised the same.

I didn't say anything about the poll except that it conflicted with your political prejudices.Hence your agitated and rather silly response.

I did say that the government has probably taken a political hit, as governments usually do at times of crisis.Nothing to do with some ephemeral poll.

Over and above all this I don't take polls that seriously in Thailand given the dubious methodology involved.I don't doubt however that sooner or later a poll will be produced that conforms with your political view point and prejudices and then to be sure the forum will hear all about it.

I didn't say anything about the poll except that it conflicted with your political prejudices.Hence your agitated and rather silly response.

Agitated? :lol: you make me laugh, not agitated.

You did say something about the poll, you said:

Conventional wisdom is that support for the government has plummeted but this poll doesn't show that.

which magically morphed into:

I'm sure the government has taken a political hit as a result of the flooding crisis, and its poor performance particularly in coordination and communication

which is what I have said all along.

Once you get sorted out what it is you want to say, please let the forum know, ok?

Who would have guessed?!

Not only that, Yoingluck's numbers were taken while the country is under water due to the worst monsoon season in 50-years. I am an Abhisit supporter but am really getting sick of the BS in terms of the media presenting such BS in order to keep and attempt to further divide instead of helping to pull it together during this national crisis.

I am terrible with remember time frames but weren't things pretty calm and going well back in Dec. 2010. The riots were in the past and the election date had been set. Comparing an approval poll back then to now without reminding people it is a RADICALLY unfair comparison is wrong.

The newspapers should be calling out all these politicians making a chaotic situation more chaotic by playing politics and not working together during the crisis but instead they encourage and play into it.

But let us not forget that we all know these poll numbers that are constantly reported regarding various issues are complete BS and it is never reported in the news stories about them the details of the polling from margin of error, how people were polled, how they were chosen and in many cases number of people polled, their location and so on and so forth..

Edited by Nisa

I'm sure the government has taken a political hit as a result of the flooding crisis, and its poor performance particularly in coordination and communication

Glad we can agree (although your comments avoid the points raised in the thread) and perhaps the next poll will be more in conformity with your political prejudices.One thing is sure.We will all hear about it.

The Bangkok Poll from Bangkok University surveyed opinions of residents aged over 18 regarding the three-month management of Prime Minster Yingluck Shinawatra.

Residents of where? The University? Bangkok? Thailand?

Did they poll the same residents that were polled in 2010 w/Abhisit? Where the same questions asked? Why do they not show the questions asked and the actual results?

One could go on and on about why nobody should put any stock into reports such as this.

Edited by Nisa

Glad we can agree (although your comments avoid the points raised in the thread) and perhaps the next poll will be more in conformity with your political prejudices.One thing is sure.We will all hear about it.

Good to see you man up and admit to changing your tone from your original comment which reflected your political prejudices and I look forward to the next poll thread, on which, you will no doubt comment on.

[

Good to see you man up and admit to changing your tone from your original comment which reflected your political prejudices and I look forward to the next poll thread, on which, you will no doubt comment on.

I may not comment on the next poll thread because believe it or not there's a lot on the forum I miss though I try to respond to posts addressed to me.

[

I may not comment on the next poll thread because believe it or not there's a lot on the forum I miss though I try to respond to posts addressed to me.

Unlike this one, then.

:rolleyes: