Wago Terminals

Crossy

I'm looking for Wago 773 series terminals, these:- https://www.wagobox.com/shop/pushwire/

sf_pushwire-connectors.jpg

Wago have a Thai office but the email address on the main site bounces (no surprises there).

These things are a modern and highly reliable alternative to 'wire nuts' and approved to BS7671. Easy to use, even a Thai sparks should be able to handle them.

I'm not looking for enormous quantities, a few hundred, so I could get them from the UK but obviously a local supplier would be preferable.

Is the email address you have [email protected] ? Looking at that building address it may be in a flooded area.

There is a different style of the same brand available from RS-Components Thailand.

Try Wago Singapore as that looks to be a full office as opposed to a local distributor.

They do look nice though.

Cheers

Those connectors are available to take wire sizes up to 6 x 4 sqmm (Wago 223-413). Made in Germany.

You could use standard BP ( Clipsal) single screw and 2 screw insulated tunnel type connectors if above not available in Thailand. Available in quantities of 100 and 50.

The 3M ( wirenut) is an insulated US type connector. Available in red , blue and yellow .

The other style WAGO push wire terminals are also available in Pattaya at the electric shop in Theppasit opposite the gas station. they are the strip type, available in 3 4 5 6 ways.

I could always pick some up for you and post

Crossy, I sent an email off to Wago today and within minutes received this reply from the local rep.

Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for your enquiry, I am Anucha Majumpa, Manager of WAGO Electronics (Thailand) and I am taking care sale in Thailand. For any enquiry for WAGO products you may contact me directly to my contact information below.

What kind of products you willing to buy and how many you needs for each items?

Thank again for your trust in ours high quality products and hopefully to have a chance to support you in near future.

Best regards,

WAGO Electronic Pte Ltd.

Anucha Majumpa

Manager

Phone: +66 2 693 5611

Fax: +66 2 693 5612

Mobile: +66 8 1363 5557

Mail :

WAGO Representative Office Thailand

4th Floor, K.S. Building, 213/6-8

Ratchada-Phisek Road, Dindaeng

Bangkok 10400 Thailand

http://www.wago.com

Edited by Crossy
email removed per forum rules, if you need it contact me by PM

Ok ,,,,,,,yeah sorry I forgot to remove the email address,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he is very responsive today as I replied about my needs and he responded almost within minutes. i too tried the contact us email address and it was returned as undeliverable,,,,,,but for sure his direct address is working.

The distributor has contacted me with a quote and I've ordered the beasties.

US POWER DISTRIBUTION CO., LTD.

213/6-8 4th Floor K.S. Building

Ratchada-phisek Road, Dindaeng

Bangkok 10400 THAILAND.

Tel : 662 2763040-44

Fax : 662 2763049

I have their email if anyone wants it, PM me.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Just got to train my Thai sparks to use them now :)

OK maybe living in Thailand has taken me out of the loop, but first time seeing these. I assume they replace wire nuts by allowing one hot in and as many feeds out as you want by buying 2-3-4-5-6 hole blocks? The holes I see are test holes to check connections? Are they required to be used in a junction box (code in NA)? Seems a good method to me as wire nuts can be tiring and messy if cleaning up mistakes make by self or other wiring you are cleaning up. I am used to "guage" as wire, so assume 14 guage wire is accepted? I never stop learning, life is good!!!

Can PM if you like.

Wago connectors are available for wire sizes from 1.0sqmm to 4sqmm. the smaller connectors are a "use once" type while others can be reused.

Further insulation is no required as they are fully insulated but the terminations must be enclosed in an approved manner, eg, a J box or within a fitting or behind an outlet or switch plate etc.

OK maybe living in Thailand has taken me out of the loop, but first time seeing these. I assume they replace wire nuts by allowing one hot in and as many feeds out as you want by buying 2-3-4-5-6 hole blocks? The holes I see are test holes to check connections? Are they required to be used in a junction box (code in NA)? Seems a good method to me as wire nuts can be tiring and messy if cleaning up mistakes make by self or other wiring you are cleaning up. I am used to "guage" as wire, so assume 14 guage wire is accepted? I never stop learning, life is good!!!

Can PM if you like.

These are the ones I got https://www.wagobox.com/shop/pushwire/ available in 2,4,6 and 8 hole

Conductor sizes

0.75mm² - 2.5mm² Solid Core - AWG 20 - 14

1.5mm² - 2.5mm² Stiff Stranded Core - AWG 16 - 14

Current rating

24A

They are indeed intended as a replacement for wire-nuts. Just strip 12mm and push in, done. They are not cheap but the peace of mind they give over the 'traditional' twist-and-tape joint is worth every penny. The 773 series are re-usable, just twist and wriggle the wire out and use again, they also have a test hole at the opposite end from the wires.

As Electau notes, they still need to go in a box of some sort, but are defined as 'maintenance free' in accordance with BS7671 (IEE Regs) and so can be permanently covered with no access unlike screw type terminals which must remain accessible.

I buy and use WAGO terminals here in Thailand.

A wide range is available singles doubles end covers etc.

I don't think in all the years I've seen a single failure with them.

Its down to the special sprung steel they use, it keeps the pressure (hence connection) on the cable indefinitely.