Honda Pcx

Pdavies99

I purchased mine from the Mityon Dealership on Thepprasit Rd (I think Soi 7). I didn't get much flexibility on the price but got a few extras and a 10% discount on add ons I wanted like HD springs, custom seat and pinstripping. After much checking in Pattaya and Jomtien I found the price differences were negligible.

This dealership is close to me and has a large well run service department. They also gave me a reasonable trade in price on my Yamaha.

I am happy with the PCX fuel economy, tank capacity, storage, comfort, security devices and the handling characteristics.

Edited by gerry53
  • Thanks 1

You won't get the "best price" in Pattaya. Mityon has a virtual monopoly here, and they don't negotiate on price, at least not more than B500 from a very high starting price of B76,500. I was quoted B71,000 in Ubon about 2 weeks ago when I asked a Honda sales person just out of curiosity. I bought mine in Sri Ratcha on the main road acroos from the road to the Koh Si Chang pier. I was told that the Honda shop in Chonburi will sell one for B71,000.

You won't get the "best price" in Pattaya. Mityon has a virtual monopoly here, and they don't negotiate on price, at least not more than B500 from a very high starting price of B76,500. I was quoted B71,000 in Ubon about 2 weeks ago when I asked a Honda sales person just out of curiosity. I bought mine in Sri Ratcha on the main road acroos from the road to the Koh Si Chang pier. I was told that the Honda shop in Chonburi will sell one for B71,000.

There's inflation for you, bought mine a year ago (from Mityon in Pattaya) B70,000 !

Well I've been around today and was quoted 68,200 with two years theft insurance, tax and paperwork completed etc. Would like to get a red one though they seem to be in short supply in that colour!

Anyone seen the red one around for sale please?

Thanks for replies

Edited by Pdavies99

Well I've been around today and was quoted 68,200 with two years theft insurance, tax and paperwork completed etc. Would like to get a red one though they seem to be in short supply in that color!

Anyone seen the red one around for sale please?

Thanks for replies

Which shop and where? Thats a very good prize. Can't you order a red color from them? I will go shop for a PCX when I get home from overseas work in beginning Dec.

Thai Friend bought a Black & White one 10 days ago 72,000 baht, in the price was a different seat, 2x Honda PCX crash helmets and a rather nice Honda PCX wind jacket. [that is good if you want Honda PCX on your helmet and jacket]

Thai Friend bought a Black & White one 10 days ago 72,000 baht, in the price was a different seat, 2x Honda PCX crash helmets and a rather nice Honda PCX wind jacket. [that is good if you want Honda PCX on your helmet and jacket]

None of these posts are woth anything (except perhaps causing frustration in interested readers) if you don't provide the name and location of the shops were these prices can be had. Unless prices have dropped like a rock in the past 1 month, I doubt that a new PCX (any color) can be had in Pattaya for B68,200, and I suspect that bike may be second hand (although perhaps only owned by its first owner for a short time). That price has not been available in Pattaya for more than 1 year. One year old used ones from private sellers go for B65,000.

And, in relation to service, it matters not where you buy your PCX. Mityon in Pattaya will be happy to service your bike regardless of where you buy it, including warranty work. All you need is the warranty book. In my experience their service is excellent, and does not differ depending on whether you bought the bike from them. I bought my Phantom from Mityon and my PCX in Sri Ratcha. Mityon services both bikes, and I get the same treatment with both, always very good.

When I bought my PCX it was pearl white with brown trim. Six months later, I had Mityon in Pattaya change all of the body plastic and seat to red and black. They did a superb job, 1 day service, for B6,000. It looks like it came from the factory red and black. Buy where you can get the cheapest price and have it serviced at the shop close and convenient for you.

Edited by Thailaw

I got mine in Siracha as well, saved 6,000 Baht on the quotes in pattayaand even enjoyed the ride back!

Agreed. We often go to the park with the sea turtles at the Koh Si Chang pier in Sri Ratcha, so we just combined a trip to the park with picking up the bike. Made it costless and, as you say, an enjoyable ride back. There is no reason to limit the search to Pattaya, although going all the way to Chonburi may be a bit far for a few thousand Baht. I would at least try to search by phone first, and only go that far if I was sure I could save significant money on the purchase. Information here would be helpful in that regard, if people were kind enough to provide the names and locations of the places that they get "below Pattaya market" prices.

Edited by Thailaw

No not Pattaya..

Here North of BKK was quoted 76,000 baht for the Red/Black..

Because I was flooded and ordered to move, drove down and was staying in 'Kata' Phuket Island, The PCX was bought brand new, so maybe that is the price down there ? there appeared to be 100's on the roads + all the Honda showrooms appeared to have every colour in stock.

Many transport trucks running back to BKK from Phuket empty, would still be cheaper to buy down there [now that makes a change..? There again my new pickup I bought and is registered in Khoa Lak, saving over 50k to any showroom around BKK]

Mityon yesterday qouted 80,000 exactly with all paper work. Pattaya Tai/3rd road. interesting price differences same dealership. have my Suzuki serviced at Mityon, was not happy when i saw them put air in the tyres, no guage. i do it each week so knew it would be over inflated, before i got to the garage to check the tube blew. i checked the other tyre he had put 54 pounds in what should be 28. main dealer and no pressure guage on air line!!!. Thais just dont seem to get how improtant it is.

Mityon yesterday qouted 80,000 exactly with all paper work. Pattaya Tai/3rd road. interesting price differences same dealership. have my Suzuki serviced at Mityon, was not happy when i saw them put air in the tyres, no guage. i do it each week so knew it would be over inflated, before i got to the garage to check the tube blew. i checked the other tyre he had put 54 pounds in what should be 28. main dealer and no pressure guage on air line!!!. Thais just dont seem to get how improtant it is.

Your price is believable, the B68,200 is not. The manufacturer's list price for a PCX is B68,500, and that is just for the bike. No one discounts below MLP, they don't need to and, with the flooding, bikes are now in short supply. Honda just announced it would reopen its motorcycle manufacturing facility on 1st November (I think that was the date, not sure). When I said B76,500 from Mityon, I do not know what that includes, I did not get into a detailed discussion with the sales person, as I already own a red one less than a year old. That may be just for the bike, with registration and government insurance bringing the price higher by a few 1000 Baht. So we are in the same ballpark with price quotes from Mityon.

Well, thanks for all the comments, yes you are right that the best I could get in Pattaya was 78,000, so I looked around and I bought at a Sattahip dealer 68,200 and with nothing included, but with 2 years theft and 2 years government compulsory insurance, tax, registration, red plates for 2 months and delivered by pick up to Pattaya all arranged today etc it came to 73,500, (I took a thai friend to help with the price, and by the way they had plenty of bikes including the red ones).

yes and as "Thailaw" states the manufacturers list price is 68,500 base price but the dealerships do get further discounts if they order enough.

Edited by Pdavies99

Well, thanks for all the comments, yes you are right that the best I could get in Pattaya was 78,000, so I looked around and I bought at a Sattahip dealer 68,200 and with nothing included, but with 2 years theft and 2 years government compulsory insurance, tax, registration, red plates for 2 months and delivered by pick up to Pattaya all arranged today etc it came to 73,500, (I took a thai friend to help with the price, and by the way they had plenty of bikes including the red ones).

yes and as "Thailaw" states the manufacturers list price is 68,500 base price but the dealerships do get further discounts if they order enough.

That's good, i know of two people who have had their PCX's stolen recently, apparently they are the current target of choice for the A hole thief's!! , make sure yours is chained to something solid, these feckers just pick them up and in to the back of a pick up, dismantled en-route and sold for parts at the Cambo border!!

You got a good deal, and I am not suggesting anything to the contrary, at least B6,000 less than you would have paid for the same thing in Pattaya. But you didn't pay B68,200 for the bike, at least not in any objective sense. The problem with bundling is that I can offer a lower price on component A, if you will accept a higher price on component B. That is what happened in your case. I bought my PCX in Sri Ratcha 1 year ago and got exactly the same package as you -- I paid B68,000 for the PCX and total cost was B71,000. So, the insurance and tax part is worth about B3,000. You paid about B70,500 for the bike, which is good and about what I have been quoted in areas far away from Pattaya (or if you prefer, you got your bike for free and paid B73,500 for the tax, regisrationa and insurance).

And dealerships may get discounts for large volumes, but I doubt that a Sattahip dealer falls into that category. The B68,500 is the "list" price. Dealers pay much less, as there is a profit built in, probably around 10%, and they can give a part of that to a customer to make a sale. But with the PCX, demand is strong and exceeds supply, so few dealers offer much if any discount from list price -- most get a premium of at least a few thousand Baht. The big problem (or one of them), is Vietnam. PCXs and Air Blades go for a significant premium there, so the supply here is limited by the export of Thai made PCXs to Vietnam. Dealers can sell all of the PCXs they can get at list price, and dealers like Mityon, whose sales volume may be large enough to get a discount, can sell their supply at a significant premiumand keep the discount for themselves. That's life.

Congratulations, you did very well.

Edited by Thailaw

Thanks and point taken, its well chained and I guess then thats it!

That's good, i know of two people who have had their PCX's stolen recently, apparently they are the current target of choice for the A hole thief's!! , make sure yours is chained to something solid, these feckers just pick them up and in to the back of a pick up, dismantled en-route and sold for parts at the Cambo border!!

Slightly off the subject but regarding the PCX from you other owners. The last time I took my PCX into the car wash at the PTT petrol station on Threppasit they wanted 80 baht because it was a bigger bike? They washed it before for the small bike price and never tried this on my 135cc Yamaha Elegance either. I would think the streamlined PCX would be easier to clean and it only has a 125cc engine. I think a case of gouging because it was a pricier bike - they shot themselves in the foot with me, I'll never return again. No amount of reasoning would change their minds even though I've used them regularly for 2 years?

Slightly off the subject but regarding the PCX from you other owners. The last time I took my PCX into the car wash at the PTT petrol station on Threppasit they wanted 80 baht because it was a bigger bike? They washed it before for the small bike price and never tried this on my 135cc Yamaha Elegance either. I would think the streamlined PCX would be easier to clean and it only has a 125cc engine. I think a case of gouging because it was a pricier bike - they shot themselves in the foot with me, I'll never return again. No amount of reasoning would change their minds even though I've used them regularly for 2 years?

What's the small bike price? 20 baht. That's a lot of agro over 20 baht.

Try Nakonsawan cleaners on Threpprasit Road near View Talay.

What's the small bike price? 20 baht. That's a lot of agro over 20 baht.

Try Nakonsawan cleaners on Threpprasit Road near View Talay.

It's not the "agro" or the few baht - it's the principle that they were gouging me because they thought I could afford more that bothered me. I usually tipped well if the bike came back clean and they got 80 baht anyways. Thai business ethics suck in general.

I had a new place the next week and it was only 50 baht (plus tip). I really just wanted to know if other PCX owners had run into this here or elsewhere?

It's not the "agro" or the few baht - it's the principle that they were gouging me because they thought I could afford more that bothered me. I usually tipped well if the bike came back clean and they got 80 baht anyways. Thai business ethics suck in general.

I had a new place the next week and it was only 50 baht (plus tip). I really just wanted to know if other PCX owners had run into this here or elsewhere?

Perhaps they did put the price for cleaning PCX's up. At this stage you only think thy were gouging you but you don't have evidence.

Perhaps they did put the price for cleaning PCX's up. At this stage you only think thy were gouging you but you don't have evidence.

Incorrect - my friend drives his 135cc Yamaha Elegance in and it is 60 baht but a bigger bike. Washing my 125cc PCX costs the same as washing a Harley? Not too difficult to understand - it is gouging.

When I bought my PCX it was pearl white with brown trim. Six months later, I had Mityon in Pattaya change all of the body plastic and seat to red and black. They did a superb job, 1 day service, for B6,000. It looks like it came from the factory red and black. Buy where you can get the cheapest price and have it serviced at the shop close and convenient for you.

May I ask if you had to change the Green Book when you changed the colour and if so what did that involve ?

Incorrect - my friend drives his 135cc Yamaha Elegance in and it is 60 baht but a bigger bike. Washing my 125cc PCX costs the same as washing a Harley? Not too difficult to understand - it is gouging.

The Elegance is not a bigger bike, it's physically smaller than the PCX. The engine size is irrelevant in terms of physical size. Should the start charging less to wash a Honda Wave 100cc?

Think about it 100cc - 125cc - 135cc. 35ml difference in engine size. To put it into perspective, an average size glass of milk is 250cc.

Edited by tropo