Sunai To File Charge With World Court Against Democrat Govt Next Month

Lite Beer

Sunai to file charge with world court against Democrat govt next month

Pheu Thai Party MP Sunai Jullapongsathorn said Monday that he will file charge with the International Court of Justice next month against the previous government over the killings of 91 people.

Sunai said he would travel to the ICJ on December 9 to file charge against the previous government of the Democrat Party.

He said he decided to file the lawsuit with the ICJ as the cases related to the killings of 91 people in two crackdowns on red-shirt protesters on 10 April and 19 May last year did not progress at all.

He said former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy prime minister Suthep Thaugsuan would be held responsible for the 91 deaths

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-28

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheu Thai Party MP Sunai Jullapongsathorn said Monday that he will file charge with the International Court of Justice next month against the previous government over the killings of 91 people.

Sunai said he would travel to the ICJ on December 9 to file charge against the previous government of the Democrat Party.

Although I do not begrudge this MP a nice trip to my country of birth the Netherlands, it may be good when k. Sunai first checks with the Justice Minister Pol.Gen. Pracha.

From the ICJ webpage:

"Jurisdiction

The International Court of Justice acts as a world court. The Court has a dual jurisdiction : it decides, in accordance with international law, disputes of a legal nature that are submitted to it by States (jurisdiction in contentious cases); and it gives advisory opinions on legal questions at the request of the organs of the United Nations or specialized agencies authorized to make such a request (advisory jurisdiction)."

http://www.icj-cij.org/homepage/index.php?p1=0〈=en

Edited by rubl

Will he file anything against Thaksin, the police and 2500 dead people too?

As he moonlights as a writer for the extremist Red Shirt magazine, "Voice of Thaksin", I doubt it.

30123929-01.jpg

Pheu Thai Party MP Sunai Jullapongsathorn (standing and shouting in Parliament)

Edited by Buchholz

It’s quite funny that they control the government and parliament but still can’t get anything done and they want to go to world court.

I feel sorry for the flood victim, they are and will be left in the cold for ever

Edited by Scott
formatting

PTP -- champions of reconciliation. We all know what this is about. Another ploy to force the return of Thaksin, probably to be Super PM.

BTW, yes ICJ appears to be about INTERNATIONAL conflicts. Unless they are going to challenging the UK with Abhisit being the hook.

http://www.icj-cij.org/homepage/index.php

I wonder what Bobby Amsterdam thinks about this one.

Edited by Jingthing

Whether it be extradition requests, requests for political asylum, petitioning the World Court or asking the UN war crimes tribunal to become involved, whenever Thai politicians threaten to involve international legislative bodies in Thai affairs, they never follow through, they simply announce they are going to go to the respective international legislature and then we hear no more.

Hahahaha it's pretty pathetic when the ruling party of a country has to go overseas to seek 'justice'. It's not as if PT are underground rebels fighting the evil Empire.

Well it wouldn't be to bad if they were looking for justice.

They are trying to white wash there part in it.

The last thing they want is justice.

I wonder if they could take it to the international court if it was against the red shirts for invading a hospital?

It seems theNation may have misunderstood. The other newspaper mentions a complaint to be raised with the ICC. Now that makes more sense.

Interestingly it also mentions that Pheu Thai party list MP Charuphan said since the cabinet had ratified the ICC Rome Convention of 2000 in 2009, Thailand is a full member of the ICC and can file a complaint. Now that's new to me, at least as of October 2011 that wasn't the case.

The AHRC even wrote a letter to PM Yingluck:

"In a letter dated 3 October 2011 to Thai Prime Minister H.E. Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra, the Coalition—a global network of more than 2,500 civil society organizations in 150 countries advocating for a fair, effective and independent ICC—urged the government of Thailand to move forward with the accession process of the Rome Statute."

http://www.humanrights.asia/news/forwarded-news/AHRC-FST-050-2011

Edited by rubl

It seems theNation may have misunderstood. The other newspaper mentions a complaint to be raised with the ICC. Now that makes more sense.

Interestingly it also mentions that Pheu Thai party list MP Charuphan said since the cabinet had ratified the ICC Rome Convention of 2000 in 2009, Thailand is a full member of the ICC and can file a complaint. Now that's new to me, at least as of October 2011 that wasn't the case.

The AHRC even wrote a letter to PM Yingluck:

"In a letter dated 3 October 2011 to Thai Prime Minister H.E. Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra, the Coalition—a global network of more than 2,500 civil society organizations in 150 countries advocating for a fair, effective and independent ICC—urged the government of Thailand to move forward with the accession process of the Rome Statute."

http://www.humanrigh...RC-FST-050-2011

This child needs a good spanking.

It seems The Nation may have misunderstood. The other newspaper mentions a complaint to be raised with the ICC. Now that makes more sense.

Interestingly it also mentions that Pheu Thai party list MP Charuphan said since the cabinet had ratified the ICC Rome Convention of 2000 in 2009

They've read your post, rubl. :thumbsup:

and address both points in their latest.

Sunai to file complaint with ICC over deaths of 91 reds

Pheu Thai MP Sunai to petition ICC against the 91 killed during military crackdown last year.

Pheu Thai MP Sunai Julponsathorn said Monday he will petition the International Criminal Court (ICC) at the Hague on December 9 to take up the crime against humanity case against the 91 who were killed during the military crackdown on red shirts in April and May last year.

Sunai said the move is aimed at making sure that there will be no suspicion that the current Pheu Thai government will interfere with the ongoing investigations by the local authorities.

Sunai, who is Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, said he will use his own money for the travel and many red shirts in Europe have organized everything for him.

Sunai said both then Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his Deputy Suthep Thuaksubhan will have to be accountable as they were in charge of the crackdown last year.

Pheu Thai Party-list MP Kattiyar Sawasdiphol, whose father Maj Gen Kattiya Sawasdiphol was shot and killed by sniper fire last year said there has been no progress in the investigation of her father’s death and thus she is counting on the ICC to take up the case.

Thailand however is not among 119 member states to the ICC. It has not yet ratified the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.

The Nation - 19 minutes ago

Edited by Buchholz

Will he file anything against Thaksin, the police and 2500 dead people too?

As he moonlights as a writer for the extremist Red Shirt magazine, "Voice of Thaksin", I doubt it.

30123929-01.jpg

Pheu Thai Party MP Sunai Jullapongsathorn (standing and shouting in Parliament)

This photo tells me enough! Did he follow the bashing school where Mr. Chalerm Yabamrung is the Dean from? He must have been a good student...

Lost case in any way! Waste of time, money and good mood...

<snip for brevity>

Pheu Thai Party-list MP Kattiyar Sawasdiphol, whose father Maj Gen Kattiya Sawasdiphol was shot and killed by sniper fire last year said there has been no progress in the investigation of her father’s death and thus she is counting on the ICC to take up the case.

<snip>

Has she not also considered asking her party-leader when the Justice Minister will be bringing charges, before deciding that she cannot get justice from Thailand under a PTP-led government, and going to the ICC ? :o

<snip for brevity>

<snip>

Has she not also considered asking her party-leader when the Justice Minister will be bringing charges, before deciding that she cannot get justice from Thailand under a PTP-led government, and going to the ICC ? :o

She could also ask Thaksin's brother-in-law National Police Chief as to the progress of the police investigation of the murder.

After all, Thaksin and Sae Daeng were close associates and one would think he also would be interested in what happened to his good friend.

Edited by Buchholz

Isn't that the police general cum Justice minister cum flood fighter's job? Can anyone file a charges at the ICJ? If so, I've got a neighbor kid shooting off fireworks at all hours i'd like to charge.

Anyone cannot file a charge at the International Court of Justice.

ONLY countries can file a charge against each other or in some cases against an individual holding or having held a leading function.

Thais don't understand the meaning of the word INTERNATIONAL. Many companies in Thailand plaster the word International in their company / organization name.

In International Law the word International in a company / organization name indicates to the reader that it is fully capable to conduct its business in the International Business Language, ENGLISH. I'm sure you realize that in the case of Thailand, it falls flat on its face. Oh well, TIT. LOL in LOS.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset, use default forum font when posting.

so let me get this straight. a mob is organized to terrorize the country in order get what they want by force. They cause an unbelievable amount of damage to the country, money lost to businesses, threatened to burn down the country, it was obviously funded as we saw the videos of people getting paid before they got on the buses. Men in black with firearms, looting, arson and the list goes on. Now I forgot why they are going to court, something about justice? :blink:

Although I do not begrudge this MP a nice trip to my country of birth the Netherlands, it may be good when k. Sunai first checks with the Justice Minister Pol.Gen. Pracha.

From the ICJ webpage:

"Jurisdiction

The International Court of Justice acts as a world court. The Court has a dual jurisdiction : it decides, in accordance with international law, disputes of a legal nature that are submitted to it by States (jurisdiction in contentious cases); and it gives advisory opinions on legal questions at the request of the organs of the United Nations or specialized agencies authorized to make such a request (advisory jurisdiction)."

http://www.icj-cij.o...hp?p1=0〈=en

He should expect to get bitten in the ass over this one...

so let me get this straight. a mob is organized to terrorize the country in order get what they want by force. They cause an unbelievable amount of damage to the country, money lost to businesses, threatened to burn down the country, it was obviously funded as we saw the videos of people getting paid before they got on the buses. Men in black with firearms, looting, arson and the list goes on. Now I forgot why they are going to court, something about justice? :blink:

The other news source say's they want this treated as a "special case." For some inane reason, they continue to feel as though they are a "special case" and are entitled to act out with no repercussions for their actions at all. I remember during the O.J. Siimpson trial, Judge Ito saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it." Not only could they get it, but perhaps get charges brought against some of their very dear idols as well.

I'm sure the International Court of Justice will not make a "special case" for P.T. nor will they tolerate the threats from the likes of the UDD and their followers if they can't get their way. Instead of trying to do it as a "special case" why don't they simply do the right thing and ask Yingluck to ratify the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court for Thailand, it's not that difficult. Maybe they would rather walk around feeling sorry themselves, placing blame on everyone else, and wanting to feel "special" all the time. The truth is, there is nothing "special" about any of them.

Edited by frodo

The other news source say's they want this treated as a "special case." For some inane reason, they continue to feel as though they are a "special case"

They are "special" and had to take the "special bus" to school.