Your Top 5 Bars

I went to that Thaitanium vodka bar the other night.  I went to the cold room expecting ice shelfs and decorations and a large selection of vodka. 

They had a frozen counter, tiny frozen shelf and only absolut and finlandier vodka in a tiny room.  Crap it was.  :D

Dunno had about 20-30 diff bottles when we went there. Great laff seeing Thai ladies in the freezer though! Bit dear, but alright for a visit. :D Did you catch the all girl Thai band? (they kick arse)

Nah, went Sunday night, instead they had a DJ playing some tunes since I haven't heard since I was a kid at a family wedding. :D

Only popped in for a drink to see what all the fuss was about, dissapointing really. I give the bar a year tops before its gone.

DJ Pat ???? :D:D:o:D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music Cafe in Pat Pong was heaving last Friday night past 2am so that's my latest fav.

Londoner when the rugby is on.

Ditto Vertigo.

Metal Zone for the last beer and some head banging.

The Kiosk, soi 20, for a quiet one with the girls.

Bed - once every 3 months.

Tj's bar soy 7 opposite lek bar and same reasons as proff

winchester in nana

great pool table and good music friendly and no hassle from girlies

gulliver's soi 5

play pool and good atmosphere, good for meeting people

friend's bar on korat

some where to have a nice quite drink and alway's a friendly welcome from the land lord and regulars.

used to frequent paul's bar [ the one just as you go into dave's place blues bar]

always used to be fun for pool and a late night drink that was from 2000 to 2004 however on subsequent visits it seems to be a bit violent.

:D  :D  :D

Sorry to Butt-in, :D 

but, what happened to Bus Stop on Soi 4,  :D

not there any more  :D ?

or has it been moved elsewhere. :D

Cookie did some great food there.  :o

They are rebuilding but still have a small bar and restaurant at the back.

Or at least they did 6 weeks ago when I was last in BKK.

Agree with you about the food. :D

:D  :D  :D

Sorry to Butt-in, :D 

but, what happened to Bus Stop on Soi 4,  :D

not there any more  :D ?

or has it been moved elsewhere. :D

Cookie did some great food there.  :o

Bus stop has been pur-chased by Hilary owners, think they're planning something big, heard it's gonna be a hotel. Shame really, was a nice place.

Theres a notice outside signed "the management" sayin its shut for a few months for renovations, went there a few weeks back and they had actually set up a make shift bar round the back where the usual fayre was avail, you could access down a small alley just to the right of where the usual entrance was :D The girls were sayin it would be 3 or 4 months before it opened again.

My faves are:

1. Bobby's (Silom Soi 4)

The Russian drapery lends a funereal aspect to this, generally empty, pub. Whenever I'm depressed I go for a Happy Hour drink (11am-9pm) and realize I have alot to be thankful for. Pints 60-80 baht. Bottles 45 baht. Don't eat the seafood pizza!

2. Wong's (Sri Bumphen/Soi Ngam Duplee area)

It used to open at 6pm, but no one goes there until 1am. Definitely afterhours. Regulars are treated like shit, but if you're a buxom Western lass get ready for photos with the owner. Small beer 50 baht.

3. Corner shop (Silom/Sala Daeng)

Nice, mellow place to have an inexpensive beer and watch the people parade by. You can buy fried shrimp from the vendor outside. Large bottle of Singha 50 baht.

4. FCCT (Foreign Correspondents Club Thailand) Chidlom BTS, Maneeya Bldg(?)

There's a balcony with a view of the offices next door. Bottles 60 baht. Guinness 150 baht/pint. Kinda boring, but a good place to meet journos and NGO types.

5. Lone Star (Washington Square)

Kinda weird. Good Tex/Mex food, but when I was last there a waitress sat at the next booth and stared at me while I ate. I saw DJ Pat getting a rub down at the urinal.

Bars in BKK are really getting arrogant with what they charge for beers. The Dude here wonders where the ceiling's gonna be on these prices cause they've gotten outta sight outta mind. We should coinjoin this thread with those BKK-cost-o-living threads where the cheapo chuckies claim that one can live on anywhere from 10-50K in the big city. Hopefully the said claimants never ever step into a BKK bar these days! It was bad enuf to shell out 70 baht for a Singha, but now hole-in-the-wall pool bars are charging 110 baht!!!!! This is not a joke folks. Then all the while they blast your brain out with ghetto blaster playing hip hop. Wow what a joy! This is what it has come to in the Sukhumvit ghetto bar scene. Hardly worth going. The Dude is on a major boycott. Just think about those cheapo dudes if they went out 8 times a month x 8 beers@110 bt/beer. kinda blows out their budg, wouldn't ya say? and they didnt play pool or tip or buy a single lady drink! and those dudes never go out with ladies, good god no! not possible . if they did, there budget blown on the bar scene alone!

Bars in BKK are really getting arrogant with what they charge for beers. The Dude here wonders where the ceiling's gonna be on these prices cause they've gotten outta sight outta mind. We should coinjoin this thread with those BKK-cost-o-living threads where the cheapo chuckies claim that one can live on anywhere from 10-50K in the big city. Hopefully the said claimants never ever step into a BKK bar these days! It was bad enuf to shell out 70 baht for a Singha, but now hole-in-the-wall pool bars are charging 110 baht!!!!! This is not a joke folks. Then all the while they blast your brain out with ghetto blaster playing hip hop. Wow what a joy! This is what it has come to in the Sukhumvit ghetto bar scene. Hardly worth going. The Dude is on a major boycott. Just think about those cheapo dudes if they went out 8 times a month x 8 beers@110 bt/beer. kinda blows out their budg, wouldn't ya say? and they didnt play pool or tip or buy a single lady drink! and those dudes never go out with ladies, good god no! not possible . if they did, there budget blown on the bar scene alone!

Lay off the drugs.

I know as well as anyone that if one wishes to drink liquor in a bar, they are going to pay a premium. That has always been the norm. What is bad in bars is how they make us non-drinkers pay a lot too for soda or something else. Not fair at all I don't think.

Edited by TRIPxCORE