Accomadation Problems

danielrhodes999

you did not give full details: WHAT is ''decent'' for you in this utter indecent place? WHAT is ''try everywhere?- I Guess a few searches on this www?

Then maybe wake up to how Thailand works: get up, and do the legwork yourself. PTY is brimming with 10000s of cheap rooms-though not all will be available, but your tiny pwobwem is: they will not advertise this-except with boards along the road. No-they do not do www and all that modern stuff. Only places that overcharge, as they have to pay some ikspinsif savvy web-boy, do that. Simply take any room you find on enter-hire that lady you so long desired for, and next day hire a motosay and go together on room-hunt.

Nxt chance: there are always savvy farang wanting to rent out some rooms for more as the Thai-and they prey now on you and maybe even PM you with proposals. Or try the dedicated PTY-forumpart

It's high season, so many of the better units are already booked. I tried to do this same thing 2 years ago, with the same dates. There are units available, but not as many as in, say, April. There are many agents here who would be able to help out. Bit higher prices, but they might be able to help out. Your other option is to just drive around and look for places. Tough work, but the best way to go if you have the time.

I think people from Bangkok are still here due to the floods and that might be causing a problem also?

I think this is best in the Pattaya forum.

Topic Moved.

Unless there is a typo in the OP 50-60K/month should get him a huge upmarket place and there isnt normally a shortage of those.

Yes, and Asanee is right: all you have to do is (stop worrying and just) come to Pattaya; find any room to stay for 1 or 2 nights, and then use this time to look around (motorbike's a real good idea). And, Rab C's right, too- if you've got 50- 60,000 baht/ month to spend, you can definitely find a really nice condo within 1 or maybe 2 days... but, you gotta look around. Good luck, and Hello-Welcome (in advance)!

B)

Agree with Michael.

Book a hotel for the first 3 or 4 nights, get settled in, rent a motorbike, pen & paper and tour Pattaya. Any decent place will have someone who can speak some English anyway so no need to worry about the language barrier.

There will always be something. Ok its slightly busier with all the Thais from Bangkok but there will still be options.

There is no use looking online. I wouldn't even do forums, too much negativity and just like above people over analysing your question. Just look yourself, its a bit of fun anyway. You will save money and have so many more options.

Happy hunting

Edited by rinteln