North Pattaya Facilities

nong38

Hello Chums, I am bringing the wife down to Pattaya in the n ew year and wanted a bit of advice about a part of Pattaya I have not been to before, I will be staying in a hotel just north of the Dolphin Roundabout. Is there anywhere close at hand where I can get a good English sunday roast? I had heard that there is a good fish market in Naklua can anyone tell me where it is and if it is possible to eat there? Any advice or helpful suggestions would be welcome, The hotel I am looking at is the Romeo palace in soi 18, it has been recommended to me by a friend so am happy to trust his judgement. Thanks

I would suspect the nearest English pub type place with a weekend roast would be Jameson's, which is actually in a hidden sub-soi behind the Big C in north Pattaya. There are also a couple English pubs on soi 6 (Queen Vic and others) but don't know if they do weekend roasts and rather non-salubrious soi so might not be favored by the misses. (Google them for map/directions). The Naklua fish market is a fresh-seafood market but there may be some seafood restaurants nearby. It's located about 2 kms further down Naklau Road on the right (ocean side). You can't miss it and there is a parking lot...just let the car window down a bit and follow your nose :D

Edited by FarangBuddha

I would suspect the nearest English pub type place with a weekend roast would be Jameson's, which is actually in a hidden sub-soi behind the Big C in north Pattaya. There are also a couple English pubs on soi 6 (Queen Vic and others) but don't know if they do weekend roasts and rather non-salubrious soi so might not be favored by the misses. (Google them for map/directions). The Naklua fish market is a fresh-seafood market but there may be some seafood restaurants nearby. It's located about 2 kms further down Naklau Road on the right (ocean side). You can't miss it and there is a parking lot...just let the car window down a bit and follow your nose :D

So it is heading towards Dolphin Roundabout from Nahklua Soi 18?

I always thought it was in the opposite direction at the end of Nahklua Road near Mum Aroy?

Hello :)

Not far from where you will be staying is "World of Sport" restaurant, turn right out of soi 18,cross road and walk towards the Dolphin roundabout., about 5 minutes + walk.

I am not sure if they do a Sunday Roast and have only eaten there a couple of times but what I had was OK, open 24 hours.

If you are in to watching sports, as the name suggests it shows various football games etc.( I`m not interested but realise some are)

Very near there you have a small supermarket, called Best, might be handy for you, opens I think between 6.00AM through to midnight or 1.00 AM.

I live very near where you will be staying, although know nothing of the Romeo hotel I like the area and hope you do also.

You`ll also be just a couple of minutes stroll to Wong Amat beach.

So it is heading towards Dolphin Roundabout from Nahklua Soi 18?

I always thought it was in the opposite direction at the end of Nahklua Road near Mum Aroy?

Sorry, that dreaded "up" and "down" directions strike again; my bad. Yes, it is further along if driving away from the dolphin roundabout (north).

For your Sunday roast I'd walk along to or take the baht bus to Shennanigans Irish pub for their carvery - every Sunday.

Naklua fish market is about 10 minutes from your hotel again by baht bus but in the opposite direction. Very easy to find from where you are staying. There are a few seafood places around Naklua -- cant reccomend a specific place.

The East part of Jomtien beach road also has a number of seafood places which I reckon your wife would enjoy as they have seating right on the waters edge. How to get there? Well like everywhere else around Pattaya -the baht bus. :jap:

No knowledge of your hotel so won't comment.

Ignore any negative posts which will probably crop up. Judge the place for yourself - avoid ladyboys and do not rent jet skis. And most importantly I hope you and your wife enjoy your stay.:D

Thanks for your replies so far, I found a few places nearer to the noise so if I got a bus heading south do they all down Beach Road or do some go down Bukao? Road towards Pattya Thai ? that might put me in the area for Cherrys and 18 Coins.

Thanks for your replies so far, I found a few places nearer to the noise so if I got a bus heading south do they all down Beach Road or do some go down Bukao? Road towards Pattya Thai ? that might put me in the area for Cherrys and 18 Coins.

From Nahklua they'll all turn right and go along Pattaya Beach Road to Pattaya Tai.

If you want Cherry's or 13 Coins get off at Mikes Shopping Mall and walk directly up the side of it (or through it in the aircon) to Second Rd. then up Soi Diana Inn to Buakhao, turn right to 13 Coins, or head on up Soi Chaiyapoon and turn left to Cherries.

For your Sunday roast I'd walk along to or take the baht bus to Shennanigans Irish pub for their carvery - every Sunday.

Naklua fish market is about 10 minutes from your hotel again by baht bus but in the opposite direction. Very easy to find from where you are staying. There are a few seafood places around Naklua -- cant reccomend a specific place.

The East part of Jomtien beach road also has a number of seafood places which I reckon your wife would enjoy as they have seating right on the waters edge. How to get there? Well like everywhere else around Pattaya -the baht bus. :jap:

No knowledge of your hotel so won't comment.

Ignore any negative posts which will probably crop up. Judge the place for yourself - avoid ladyboys and do not rent jet skis. And most importantly I hope you and your wife enjoy your stay.:D

Avoid Shennanigans @ Avenue unless you come early, when I went @ 6pm the carvery looked fossilized under the lights, nobody serving or greeting. We walked out, will never return.