What's An Average Metered Water Bill

tropo

Location makes a huge difference. We live upcountry and use rain water all during the rainy season. During the dry season (now) we buy it from the village. The cost is 3 baht per cubic meter so you can imagine it isn't much. The last bill was 66 baht.

Same here. When I lived up North I never seemed to pay more than 60 Baht a month.

Does not Pattaya have sewerage added on or into the bill and that pushes the price up?

Same here. When I lived up North I never seemed to pay more than 60 Baht a month.

Does not Pattaya have sewerage added on or into the bill and that pushes the price up?

No, I think we all use septic tanks.

You are right about septic tank. However instead of a leaching field, the tank exit goes into the sewer system. I do believe, in Pattaya, part of the water charge is for sewers, but I am not sure. I live in central Pattaya and pay exactly the same as you, mine went up in Oct. also.

You are right about septic tank. However instead of a leaching field, the tank exit goes into the sewer system. I do believe, in Pattaya, part of the water charge is for sewers, but I am not sure. I live in central Pattaya and pay exactly the same as you, mine went up in Oct. also.

The drainage field at my place is in the ground, under the house. It's just a big concrete tank 6 ft deep - but right now it's clogged up and not draining and causing backup in septic tank and affecting our toilet system - that's another problem. The sink waste water is going straight into it - that doesn't seem right. I thought that had to go into the septic tank.

I wasn't aware that septic tank drainage went into public sewers in Pattaya. Perhaps it depends on where you live. I can certainly smell drains when I ride around the central areas of town.

Until I moved into the place I'm in now I never had to think too much about where the sewage goes.

Anyway - the Water Board people are coming around tomorrow to install a new meter - I'll let you know how it affects my monthly bills.

Anyway - the Water Board people are coming around tomorrow to install a new meter - I'll let you know how it affects my monthly bills.

They came around yesterday. They pulled out the meter, opened it up and cleaned it out and now it is working perfectly. I have the added bonus of better water pressure too.

I took a reading and I'll have to wait and see what my usage will be. I was being charged the default price of 300 baht and my water is charged at 15 baht per m3 so I'll be able to use 666 litres per day or 20,000 litres (20 m3) per month to break even.

Thanks to all for your input.

They came around yesterday. They pulled out the meter, opened it up and cleaned it out and now it is working perfectly. I have the added bonus of better water pressure too.

I took a reading and I'll have to wait and see what my usage will be. I was being charged the default price of 300 baht and my water is charged at 15 baht per m3 so I'll be able to use 666 litres per day or 20,000 litres (20 m3) per month to break even.

Thanks to all for your input.

Nice one.

Typically Joe Average living a western lifestyle could expect to consume 150 litres per person of water per day.

If there are 2 of you it's 300 litres --- say 1000 litres per 3 days. That's 1 unit of water.

So for 30 days it should be 10 times the unit price.

Where I live the unit price is 24 baht, and my water bill is usually around 240 baht, so all seems to be in order.

• 11 months later...

I would be interested to know what other people pay for their water.

If you're as unlucky as this lady,

9-2.jpg

you can pay this for your water,

0-1.jpg

Daily News (Thai)- Nov. 21, 2012

http://www.dailynews...th/crime/167873

Is it confirmed that she doesn't have private lake which she refills now and then ? biggrin.png

Yes, but in accordance with standard Thai practice she will no doubt have to pay the bill first and then apply for a refund as Government Offices never take responsibility for their mistakes.

Chiang Mai

Town house

3 people

1 dog

no less than 6 showers a day + watering the yard and wishing the cars a few times a month

my daughter can stay in the shower for an hour dancing and playing if my wife lets her

1 or 2 loads of laundry a day

nearly spot on every month 100 Bt

Edited by JeffreyMcCollum

There is a waste water treatment fee that adds about 10B per m3 to the cost in my building.

I generally use about 2 m3 (showers, washing machine, cleaning, no serious cooking) and for this the monthly bill is about 80-90B. As this is paid to the building there is no meter fee or standing charge, just a cost per m3.