Govt Aims To Amend Charter To Facilitate Thaksin's Return

webfact

So a coup is the best thing that can happen....

A coup won't solve anything. All it will do is put things off for a couple of years, IF things don't go pear shaped before that.

The only way for things to get better are for the people to learn, and the only way they will learn is for them to experience.

Things will get worse before they get better.

how long should the people learn? Shorter or longer than in say North Korea or in Soviet empire (50 years) ?

Have you EVER visited to those 2, to be able to speak about the things there?

FYI, the things there are much MUCH better than here in TH.

Say, the majority of soviet ppl just crying for good old times to be back - but instead, they have the circus of clowns called themselves "a current democratically elected govt".

And...another coup is very close there as well. The Communist party has doubled their supporters within last 4 years, while "democratic" one has lost 2/3 of supporters, as seen on the last election.

Don't talk the things you never learned, bro.

North Korea much better than Thailand... :cheesy:

Sorry folks, the entries for the 2011 Most Outrageous Post award are closed now, we have a winner already.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a coup is the best thing that can happen....

A coup won't solve anything. All it will do is put things off for a couple of years, IF things don't go pear shaped before that.

The only way for things to get better are for the people to learn, and the only way they will learn is for them to experience.

The snag here is that Thai people won't learn.

Surely another coup is in the hatching..... Military rule is a much better option than PTP and their Red Shirt private army...

According to the the law of series, a coup is overdue long time already. I would suggest a coup at a time, when Thaksin just wants to move back into his house in Bangkok. I also suggest to then throw the corrupt government including his patron in jail, and go ahead with the other criminal charges against him.

There have been several attempts to install democracy in Thailand, but all have failed, so why not have another coup?

Sorry folks, the entries for the 2011 Most Outrageous Post award are closed now, we have a winner already.

You're just a victim of mass-media brain-washing. Go educate yourself, kiddo. Or better go there and see yourself.

N.K. has it's own nuclear program. Thailand hasnt.

N.K. has free education (and it is much BETTER than in TH), including universities. Thailand is out of any compares.

N.K. has free medical service for all. In Thailand, your wallet will be sucked first.

N.K. has its own space program and a few satellites+ballistic missiles. Thailand has zero.

In NK, you'll be guaranteed for a job. A minimum payable job - but there are NO jobless ppl there. Think of it.

In NK, there is no world economical crisis. At all.

NK has it's own automobile production (designed, built and being exported to China). Read again: China imports NK's cars, while it is well known as a main EXPORTER of everything. The answer is simple: NK's cars are better and cheaper than CH's ones.

NK is the only country where you not paying taxes. Any. It is tax-free country.

And the main thing: NK is not licking anyone's ass (in terms of countries).

I may compare thousands of points...should I continue? Yes, they are having hard times now after their Big Brother (USSR) is down 20 years ago, and there is no support. They MUST live at their own - and they DO live, and IMPROVING the things. Can you imagine Thailand live 20 years without any abroad support, and improve anything? Noway. Can you imagine USA living 20 years behind the concrete wall (no any import of anything), and improve something there? Noway.

Im really proud of those ppl. Really. Go there and see. They are very friendly, EDUCATED (all!), and the main dream is not having a new iPhone - but to see both Koreas united again (!).

PS: aahh, I forgot: Thailand has hubs, NK has not...

how long should the people learn? Shorter or longer than in say North Korea or in Soviet empire (50 years) ?

Have you EVER visited to those 2, to be able to speak about the things there?

FYI, the things there are much MUCH better than here in TH.

Say, the majority of soviet ppl just crying for good old times to be back - but instead, they have the circus of clowns called themselves "a current democratically elected govt".

And...another coup is very close there as well. The Communist party has doubled their supporters within last 4 years, while "democratic" one has lost 2/3 of supporters, as seen on the last election.

Don't talk the things you never learned, bro.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Nice to see that the hardcore commies are still healthy....By the way Russia you can vote for the communist, just people don't do it....

You're just a victim of mass-media brain-washing. Go educate yourself, kiddo. Or better go there and see yourself.

N.K. has free education (and it is much BETTER than in TH), including universities. Thailand is out of any compares.

N.K. has free medical service for all. In Thailand, your wallet will be sucked first.

N.K. has its own space program and a few satellites+ballistic missiles. Thailand has zero.

In NK, you'll be guaranteed for a job. A minimum payable job - but there are NO jobless ppl there. Think of it.

NK has it's own automobile production (designed, built and being exported to China). Read again: China imports NK's cars, while it is well known as a main EXPORTER of everything. The answer is simple: NK's cars are better and cheaper than CH's ones.

I may compare thousands of points...should I continue? Yes, they are having hard times now after their Big Brother (USSR) is down 20 years ago, and there is no support. They MUST live at their own - and they DO live, and IMPROVING the things. Can you imagine Thailand live 20 years without any abroad support, and improve anything? Noway. Can you imagine USA living 20 years behind the concrete wall (no any import of anything), and improve something there? Noway.

Im really proud of those ppl. Really. Go there and see. They are very friendly, EDUCATED (all!), and the main dream is not having a new iPhone - but to see both Koreas united again (!).

And they don't have problems with overweight

Reading the sorts of comments that have been posted above expressing desire for military coups it is no wonder so many foreigners are despised by the Thais.

If it turns bloody and the military start to put the boot in, which has happened so many times before, you can always go home right?

i do not support or condone a military coup. i also don't support thugs advocating violence and burning public buildings and businesses. i recall the coup in 2006, in chiang mai many people were giving the soldiers a heros welcome complete with flowers, i wonder how much joy there will be when BIG BROTHER returns?

Nice to see that the hardcore commies are still healthy....By the way Russia you can vote for the communist, just people don't do it....

Russia's elections on 16.04.2008: Democrats/Communists parties : 315/53 seats

Russia's elections on 4.12.2011: Democrats/Communists parties : 238/92

Seat change

Dems 11px-Decrease2.svg.png77

Comms 11px-Increase2.svg.png35

and even these 238 was "adjusted". Now there are many public protests against the last election: ppl does not want Dems anymore.They simply sneaked to the majority same way Reds came to power here in TH: vote buying.

Once again: stop talking something you have no idea of.

http://en.wikipedia...._election,_2011

Edited by alexakap

In the interest of not derailing the discussion with off topic posts, I'm just going to limit myself to pointing and laughing. :cheesy:

But what do the Thai People want? The last time there was a coup they rejected the coup installed government in the subsequent election. At the last election they elected a government which made no secret of its connections to Thaksin, or its intention to arrange Thaksins return. It is rather hard not to reach the conclusion that they either want Thaksin back, or really don't care.

In the interest of not derailing the discussion with off topic posts, I'm just going to limit myself to pointing and laughing. :cheesy:

It reminds me to the Berlin wall. The communists had to build a wall, else they would have been flooded with west Germans who want also wanted to live in the communist paradise. As I am from Austria, I can remember all that abused western people who wanted to escape to communist Hungary. They had to protect their borders from all that westerners :lol: :lol:

But what do the Thai People want? The last time there was a coup they rejected the coup installed government in the subsequent election. At the last election they elected a government which made no secret of its connections to Thaksin, or its intention to arrange Thaksins return. It is rather hard not to reach the conclusion that they either want Thaksin back, or really don't care.

When was that?

Which coup installed government was rejected??? You could not vote for the Surajud government.

On the last election you are right, but also due to massive vote buying. We should not forget that.

And indeed the Abhisit government showed a very poor performance. As well at that time some people preferred a military government, even the Surajud government wasn't brilliant.

I understand if people don't vote, as it really doesn't make much difference.

What else could you do here, if you cannot argue with the plain facts...hehe.

PS: I am also having a nice laughting when someone here (never visited to the country of discussion) trying to explain me how diabolic is the country and regime....where I am simply BORN. :jap:

A keyboard warriors...

Edited by alexakap

I don't suppose that freedom of speech will be part of the charter amendments. <_< The Yingluck administration seems to be even more in love with censorship than the Abhisit Govt. was!:o

Hmm.....what else did you expect from this govt? A democracy, flood protection and everyone will be rich in 6 months? :whistling:

Is this a step closer for the army to kick in?

Hopefully.....this Red Shirt bunch of crooks are really showing their true colours now. Democracy, yeah right. :angry:

Please have some respect for all the expat direct and indirect supporters of reds via their fiduciary associations with the cream of society.

I asked 100 bar girls what they wanted from their elections?

They replied...200 baht!

They could care less about the issues.

THEY speak for their fellow citizens.

They say to me...Farang think too much...

Sadly they do speak for a significant % of their fellow citizens.

Are you insinuating there are "farang thinkers" in Thailand?

The patronage system combined with their education style = status quo politics.

Reading the sorts of comments that have been posted above expressing desire for military coups it is no wonder so many foreigners are despised by the Thais.

If it turns bloody and the military start to put the boot in, which has happened so many times before, you can always go home right?

You obviously haven't lived in Thailand very long. Most past coups were the result of very bad and evil governments and supported by Thais. I have never noticed any Thais

depising foreigners here except the criminal foreign trash that inhabits places like Pattaya and Phuket and the foreign pimps that own brothel bars. On the contrary the reason we live here is because our many Thai friends make us feel so welcome.

You obviously haven't lived in Thailand very long. Most past coups were the result of very bad and evil governments and supported by Thais. I have never noticed any Thais

depising foreigners here except the criminal foreign trash that inhabits places like Pattaya and Phuket and the foreign pimps that own brothel bars. On the contrary the reason we live here is because our many Thai friends make us feel so welcome.

I have lived in Thailand 28 years.

In which time I lived through another coup in 1991 which ended up as a bloody uprising the following year with the army shooting pro-democracy demonstrators in Bangkok. Sound familiar?

Most past coups were certainly not because of "very bad and evil governments and supported by Thais". Do not spout utter nonsense.

If it takes them that long to learn, then what can you do? But I would expect they would learn in less time than that.

They certainly won't learn if there is a coup.

How long did it take the developed western countries to learn about democracy? The Thais have only had democracy since 1932.

In which time I lived through another coup in 1991 which ended up as a bloody uprising the following year with the army shooting pro-democracy demonstrators in Bangkok. Sound familiar?

Most past coups were certainly not because of "very bad and evil governments and supported by Thais". Do not spout utter nonsense.

I too lived here through that coup and I remember very well our Thai boss who was monitoring the chain of events on pool TV, suddenly telling everybody to 'leave now', quickly buy enough food and water supplies for 2 or 3 days, get quickly to your apartment etc., and stay inside.

What needs to be added very clearly is that the 1991 coup was not the same as the 2006 coup.

- 1991 - Coup to remove Chatichai Choonhaven (now deceased) as he boarded an aircraft for abroad because of extreme unusual wealth. The coup generals were suchinda, narong, and sunthorn* (now deceased), who are a totally different bread to the 2006 generals. The 1991 generals gang were strongly authoritarian and ruthless and had no hesitation to shoot some 200+ civilians on the street and then hide their bodies (still never found ), then had no hesitation to set up a government without process and with suchinda as PM. It all fell apart quickly.

(* Sunthorn is the ruthless general who handed thaksin a telecoms license which was a sudden and total reversal of government policy that all telecoms activity should be totally state owned. There was no announcement about reversal of the policy, no bids for licenses etc.)

- 2006 - Coup to remove thaksin who had destroyed the checks and balances, massive corruption, abuse of power and more. Totally non violent coup, the generals quickly promised to hold elections with one year and they did. Did they perform well as a government in terms of the economy etc? No, not really but is this the main point? No.

The only words that would describe this government are stupid , foolish, incompetent idiots, if this go's ahead.:bah:

.......And the initial steps towards reconciliation will begin in the new year (not)!!!!!!...........................................

If it takes them that long to learn, then what can you do? But I would expect they would learn in less time than that.

They certainly won't learn if there is a coup.

How long did it take the developed western countries to learn about democracy? The Thais have only had democracy since 1932.

And far too many have not learned about Developed Democracy.

And many that know, want it kept a secret for their own profit.

Edited by animatic

I too lived here through that coup and I remember very well our Thai boss who was monitoring the chain of events on pool TV, suddenly telling everybody to 'leave now', quickly buy enough food and water supplies for 2 or 3 days, get quickly to your apartment etc., and stay inside.

What needs to be added very clearly is that the 1991 coup was not the same as the 2006 coup.

- 1991 - Coup to remove Chatichai Choonhaven (now deceased) as he boarded an aircraft for abroad because of extreme unusual wealth. The coup generals were suchinda, narong, and sunthorn* (now deceased), who are a totally different bread to the 2006 generals. The 1991 generals gang were strongly authoritarian and ruthless and had no hesitation to shoot some 200+ civilians on the street and then hide their bodies (still never found ), then had no hesitation to set up a government without process and with suchinda as PM. It all fell apart quickly.

(* Sunthorn is the ruthless general who handed thaksin a telecoms license which was a sudden and total reversal of government policy that all telecoms activity should be totally state owned. There was no announcement about reversal of the policy, no bids for licenses etc.)

- 2006 - Coup to remove thaksin who had destroyed the checks and balances, massive corruption, abuse of power and more. Totally non violent coup, the generals quickly promised to hold elections with one year and they did. Did they perform well as a government in terms of the economy etc? No, not really but is this the main point? No.

Well put comparison of two very different historical sets of actions.

Seems to me oberkommando in a earlier post said he spends quite a bit of time in Cambodia. Maybe he was there and only heard about things when they happened.

Lord knows the media rarely comes close to the all the true facts.B)

Edited by hellodolly