Diet Cola

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to all you Light and Zero lovers, but I did warn you that it will take months and months for supplies to return to normal after the flood water subsides.

Try to imagine the state of the bottling plant after being submerged in stinking, putrid sewage for some six to eight weeks. Any company working under licence to Pepsi or CocaCola or any other big name International company is going to have to get a 100% clean bill of health before they can ship anything out, and that will take months of cleaning, testing and so on.

Sorry to all you Light and Zero lovers, but I did warn you that it will take months and months for supplies to return to normal after the flood water subsides.

Try to imagine the state of the bottling plant after being submerged in stinking, putrid sewage for some six to eight weeks. Any company working under licence to Pepsi or CocaCola or any other big name International company is going to have to get a 100% clean bill of health before they can ship anything out, and that will take months of cleaning, testing and so on.

Thanks for your warning it helped me out a lot.

I guess that the 100% clean bill of health doesn't apply to regular Coke or Pepsi Max?

I always thought my Coke Light could be used as a disinfectant?... happy.png

Edited by sfokevin

Thanks for your warning it helped me out a lot.

I guess that the 100% clean bill of health doesn't apply to regular Coke or Pepsi Max?

my thoughts also but not Pepsi Max regular Pepsi.

Having been a Pepsi dinker for many years I am not really surprised just disappointed. They have a way of putting out a good product and not supplying it. Many the time before the flood I would have to go to more than one store to find Pepsi Max. When I was back in North America it was hard to find there also. They don't really sell a lot because they do not make a lot but what they do make is soon off the shelves.

Years ago when I lived in North America they would put out a good product and take it off the shelf in three months. Never give the public the chance to try it. No advertising for it either. I think the pop is a side line to other foods for them.

Back in North America I could get Coke Zero Vanilla it was really good. I wish they would bring that out here in Chiang Mai. The other day at Rimping I saw cans of cherry coke for 55 baht a can. I will give that a pass for sure.

Edited by hellodolly

Hubby and I have made it a habit now to enter KSK thru the Tops entrance and look for diet coke products even if we aren't otherwise going to Tops. So, between us, we've been checking out Tops KSK nearly every day lately.

I was in for a welcome shock today. They had Coke Zero! Hubby had checked around 10:30 am and it was mai mee, but I received some happiness when I walked thru at 1:30 pm. It has an April 2012 expiration date and the packages look brand new. There was a sign on the shelf saying something about getting 100 baht if you buy 1000 baht, so I loaded up the cart. After checking out, I learned the 100 baht deal was just if you paid using a credit card from a certain bank. Oh well, we'll go thru 1000 baht of Coke Zero in a few weeks.

Price was 69.5 baht per six-pack of cans. A bit higher than the special price of something like 64 baht they had before the flood, but not really price gouging.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep it in stock. For the past month, their toilet paper supply as been on-again, off-again. It doesn't help when people buy a month's supply of toilet paper (or Coke Zero!) at once, but you can't blame 'em.

Cruised thru Tops KSK today. Sure enough, they are totally out of Coke Zero. I guess it's going to follow the same pattern they've had with toilet paper, etc --- they get some in, it sells out and it's another week or so before more shows up.

Eh, not to worry. Just mix it with a healthy dash of Sangsom and allow the alcohol to sterilize the germs. Problem solved!

-Mestizo

I get my coke and other fizzy drinks delievered for our cafe direct from cokecola - once I bought diet coke and stacked that too in the drinks fridge - it took ages for it to go. No one seems to buy iy, I went through several crates of normal coke in the time I went through a half crate of diet. Hence, we don't stock it (needs to earn its place on the shelf) - so I guess many places are the same.

You did, and it was very useful information, thanks. Despite the lack of Diet Coke I was very pleasantly suprised how quickly Coke Zero seemed to reappear after how you had warned us. :)

6 cases of fresh Pepsi Max were delivered to Tesco Lotus on Wednesday, January 18th. Date of production is 10/01/12 (January 10, 2012) and expiration date is "BF 250512" (consume before May 25, 2012). Pepsi Thailand has determined that their Pepsi Max remains "fresh" for about 135 days.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Tesco Lotus store is in Nan Province (Amphoe Mueang Nan), and was sold out in 24 hours. I bought all 6 cases.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Tesco Lotus store is in Nan Province (Amphoe Mueang Nan), and was sold out in 24 hours. I bought all 6 cases.

Post Apocalyptic Farang Convoy to Nan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've fot Pepsi, they've got Pepsi!!

lone-wolf-machine-driving-to-set.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It will be interesting to see if they can keep it in stock. For the past month, their toilet paper supply as been on-again, off-again. It doesn't help when people buy a month's supply of toilet paper (or Coke Zero!) at once, but you can't blame 'em.

I think it'll be like that only because some people think it's going to be scarce forever and buy the stuff by the multiple case load. Once eveyone is sitting on a pile of 10 cases then demand will taper off strongly. Supply-chain headache in its own right methinks.

Post Apocalyptic Farang Convoy to Nan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've fot Pepsi, they've got Pepsi!!

lone-wolf-machine-driving-to-set.jpg

Mel Gibson never seemed a soft-drinks type of guy, to me ? Must be the thirst induced by driving across all those deserts, in his kilt, to get to Highlands I suppose !cool.png

i suppose hoping for a de-caf coke light is a pipedream - or a diet sprite etc.

That would be amazing wouldn't it but I can't see it happening over here sad.png

Same with Pepsi they have a diet Pepsi with out the caffeine.violin.gif

well considering Thais pour sugar over everything (bizarrely) it ain't going to happen soon *sigh*

I think it'll be like that only because some people think it's going to be scarce forever and buy the stuff by the multiple case load. Once eveyone is sitting on a pile of 10 cases then demand will taper off strongly. Supply-chain headache in its own right methinks.

No problem keeping it in stock if Pepsi gets off its rear and gets Pepsi Max out.

You guys were serious! I have been back a week and have yet find a diet coke. I love drinking one

first thing in the morning for some reason. I heard second hand from tourist frinds in town

that Diet Coke is freely available in the Platinum Lounge at Le Meridien. Maybe in the next life..

Just got back from Nonthaburi, going went into a 7/11 NO Coke of Pepsi of any kind, even the drinks machine were off......... Did my business then went to Makro they had Coke and Pepsi but NO Zero or Max, a Big C just past the new Central Plaza, had loads of Pepsi Max, bought 6 packs @ 263 baht a pack so still about same price, No Coke Zero.. again on the way home popped in to a petrol station, the a Jiffy store, NO Coke or Pepsi of any kind...

Just returned from up north- Found Coke Zero in 1.25L bottles, smaller bottles and cans at the

Tesco/Lotus in Mae Sai. Somehow the supplies get all the way to the far north and bypass Chiang Mai

OR are they bringing it in from Burma?

Rather than starting a new thread, for fizzy lemonades, I will just mention that Tesco-Kantiam had a stock of Nam-Saprite on-the-shelves, Friday-morning. Also fizzy-orange & Nam-Dang, and regular-Coke, but still no Coke-Zero in bottles.

Surely this must, two months after the floods receded and with other brands reappearing, be due to a supply-problem with the ingredients or packaging for Coke-Zero, rather than the whole bottling-plant still being closed ?

Apropos of nothing, I was delighted to find, when on a short-visit to Malaysia recently, that Cherry-Coke & Doctor-Pepper & Doctor-Pepper Cherry-Vanilla were all available at about 30B/can. So how come it's only occasionally-available here, and at twice the price ? ohmy.png

I know, TiT. sad.png

Ever googled coke v water...interesting,guess it applies to Pepsi too

Well water is defiantly needed.

A friend of mine is confined to less than liter and a half a day. If he drinks more than that it will wash the sodium out of his body.

Wonder if that is why I get cramps I drink 2 to 3 liters a day and about a liter and a quarter of Pepsi Max when I can get it. I all ready have a stash of coke zero good for at least a month and still within the use before date.

Wonder why they don't have a do not use after date.

Hi all, Tops in Chang Phueak near the Sports Stadium have stacks of the 6 can cases of Coke Zero. There were loads there yesterday. You can also find them in Tesco Express in Santhitam not far from there. They don't seem to be disappearing quickly or anything, I've still yet to find Diet Coke though. Still, the zero stuff is sufficing nicely.

Cheers