New Tv Format

hellodolly

I did not really like it at first but after getting used to it I like it fine with three exceoptions

1 no preview before posting

2 No notification of a Personal Message.

3 There could be a better separation of topics some of them it is hard to tell if they are new or part of the other one.

Maybe it is just me but it sure seems to upload a message fast now.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 7.5

I did not really like it at first but after getting used to it I like it fine with three exceoptions

1 no preview before posting

2 No notification of a Personal Message.

3 There could be a better separation of topics some of them it is hard to tell if they are new or part of the other one.

Maybe it is just me but it sure seems to upload a message fast now.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 7.5

1. Click on the 'More Reply Options' next to the 'Post' button and you will find the Preview button along with extended features.

2. Click on your profile 'My Settings' then 'Notification Options' and 'Private Messages' and make sure it is enabled.

The first day I saw it there was a bit of shock and awe about it mixed with <deleted>. biggrin.png But now I've settled into and learned where the buttons and controls are and the enhanced features and quite satisfied with it. A few things still need tuning, some things lost and some things gained.

In the old layout I could mark all threads as been read. Can't find this feature anymore in the new layout.. Was very handy :>

post-33251-0-70679000-1325039164_thumb.j

Overall, I have no problem using the new format. Just a few tweaks here and there would be nice, as specified previously in another thread.

Check this thread as it is full of tips and hints including link to help files found here:

http://www.thaivisa....ore&module=help

Please post any bugs or issues here so that it is all in one place, thanks

http://www.thaivisa....e-forum-layout/

When I first subscribed to the ThaiVisa Forum in my previous life, I floated into the layout with ease. Navigation was so easy to grasp and relaxing. There was no need for a thread full of tips and hints including links to help files. It worked all by itself.

Now, I am blinded by the light, cheesed off with the ads, bamboozled with the navigation (and it's not Hogmanay yet) and reluctant to open TV anymore. OK, I'm a grumpy old <deleted>, but let's throw out the new and bring back the old for 2012.

Happy New Year to all