Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you brought the bike were there any after market bits for it for sale in the shop?

Thanks for thepressures there were no aftermarket parts when I bought the bike it was the only one he got in this month ,there is a few bits listed on ap Honda site which I suppose you can get dealer to order but since bike is not released any where else yet I reckon it will be a month or two before the aftermarket parts arrive

Got a bit of a shock yesterday when I walked into Mityon Pattaya Tai, they had one on display. Got an even bigger shock when they told me the price....145000 baht! Bl00dy he11. That is a lot of money for less bike than the CBR250.

Got a bit of a shock yesterday when I walked into Mityon Pattaya Tai, they had one on display. Got an even bigger shock when they told me the price....145000 baht! Bl00dy he11. That is a lot of money for less bike than the CBR250.

Less bike? It is a whole bike no? I imagine it puts the CBR to shame when you leave the pavement, so it depends what you need from it.

But yeah, 145000 is not what I want to hear.

Less bike? It is a whole bike no? I imagine it puts the CBR to shame when you leave the pavement, so it depends what you need from it.

But yeah, 145000 is not what I want to hear.

Yep I bought mine in krabi town we had already arranged price of 140,000 with manager who is a friend off the family however when we went to pick it up next day the staff were saying 145,000 ,we had to get them to ring the manager to confirm 140,000

Two days later saw one in another dealer inkrabi sent the wife in to ask price and was told 145000 bht

I think prices will eventually drop to 125,000 bht when the initial release and excitement calms down

the important thing is whats the RRP

I wouldnt buy one until that info is released by honda

until then ,there is no way to make an informed decision without

knowing how much you may be getting raped from the dealers

Rrp is recommended retail price the dealers are always gonna add on aprofit especially if demand is high and supply low ,I didn't mind paying a bit more as I had been waiting since October for this bike coupled with the fact I got one off the first released in the country/world saying that if it dropped to 125,000 next week and available same day I would be gutted,you can order in change mai for 133000 but it is a 1 month wait.

Do agree though wana if you have other bikes and are in no rush it would be wise to wait a while again though for me i pnly have a honda click (lol)the day I heard about this bike back in October I was actually going to Phuket to buy a 2 nd hand klx I then cancelled that purchase and the long wait begun

Edited by taninthai

It's already been shown with the CB'r'250 that RRP means absolutely nothing to the dealers who are free to set whatever price they like. Made APe Honda look like fools (as usual) so perhaps they won't publish a RRP for the CRF250L.

Got mine in Chiang Mai - we're going to do a shoot out against the KLX 250 today

7155849764_877704eb1f_b.jpg

Potential problems we can see so far

1. Foot gear lever end doesn't swivel in (does on the KLX) - aftermarket is available

2. Foot brake lever end doesn't swivel

3. Rear shock not adjustable

4. Rear shock travel less than the KLX, could be a problem with a big farrang on it bottoming out the suspension

5. Spokes are thinner than on the KLX, maybe ok though

6. Radiator only one side, both sides on the KLX, may cause overheating trail riding

7. Coolant expansion tank is on the rear RHS of the bike just under the plastic, looks very vulnerable in a fall

8.Plastic chain guard look like it will break trail riding

9. Kick stand spring look like it will get lost easily

10. No rpm counter

11. Rear foot pegs look like they may break off, they did on the XR 250's with the same design

Edited by RidersCorner

It's already been shown with the CB'r'250 that RRP means absolutely nothing to the dealers who are free to set whatever price they like. Made APe Honda look like fools (as usual) so perhaps they won't publish a RRP for the CRF250L.

another day,another anti-honda post..... coffee1.gif

another day,another anti-honda post..... coffee1.gif

You're the one talking about "getting raped from the dealers", right?

I've got nothing against Honda, other than the fact that they've released some pretty mediocre new models lately.

Despite that fact, they still make some fantastic bikes. My next bike is going to be a Honda.

I don't know ANYONE on this forum who's had anything good to say about APe Honda here in Thailand. Do you?

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Got mine in Chiang Mai - we're going to do a shoot out against the KLX 250 today

Potential problems we can see so far

1. Foot gear lever end doesn't swivel in (does on the KLX) - aftermarket is available

2. Foot brake lever end doesn't swivel

4. Rear shock travel less than the KLX, could be a problem with a big farrang on it bottoming out the suspension

5. Spokes are thinner than on the KLX, maybe ok though

6. Radiator only one side, both sides on the KLX, may cause overheating trail riding

7. Coolant expansion tank is on the rear RHS of the bike just under the plastic, looks very vulnerable in a fall

8.Plastic chain guard look like it will break trail riding

9. Kick stand spring look like it will get lost easily

10. No rpm counter

11. Rear foot pegs look like they may break off, they did on the XR 250's with the same design

Congratson new bike very interested to hear feedback with comparison as for ploints mentioned I've dropped mine 3 times on radiator side no problems so far

There is actually two springs on side stand have to beunlucky to lose both

Plastic chain guard well with weight seeming to be a huge issue here can't complain to much cheap to replace

Biggest moan for me is defo no rpmcounter

The rear shock is adjustable for Pre-load, isn't it?

At least the one we saw at the Bangkok Motor Show had pre-load adjustability.

BUT, the pre-load rings were at the bottom of the shock and it looked to me like it would be a royal PITA to reach them...

Nearly every shock in the world is adjustable for Pre-load, isn't it? They all have threads on them.

That's why I thought it odd that you said-

Thanks for the clarification smile.png

I remain curious however about just HOW you can reach the pre-load rings on the CRF250L shock. Does Honda provide a special tool, or do you just have to hammer away at them with an extra long drift?

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Most educated "western" people would realize were discussing dampening when discussing a dual sport bike. Maybe in the Arab world things are different?

Nearly every shock in the world is adjustable for Pre-load, isn't it? They all have threads on them.

I remain curious however about just HOW you can reach the pre-load rings on the CRF250L shock. Does Honda provide a special tool, or do you just have to hammer away at them with an extra long drift?

Edited by RidersCorner

Riders corner I'm obviously new to off road riding I see people talking about putting a bigger rear sprocket on what does this achieve does it make 1st gear more useable off road I sort off feel as if first gear is to snatchy sometimes and the revs to low to go into 2nd sort of hard to explain anyway would the large sprocket help with this

Thanks

48-52 tooth on the rear seems to be where most gravitate to if your doing a lot of off -road, makes hill climbing a dream in 1st and 2nd gear not so much clutch control needed until you get to some serious gradients.

Down side is the bike will scream at 85km/h.

Riders corner I'm obviously new to off road riding I see people talking about putting a bigger rear sprocket on what does this achieve does it make 1st gear more useable off road I sort off feel as if first gear is to snatchy sometimes and the revs to low to go into 2nd sort of hard to explain anyway would the large sprocket help with this

Thanks

I don't know ANYONE on this forum who's had anything good to say about APe Honda here in Thailand. Do you?

They're releasing bikes here before any other country.

They don't nail the dealers and make them keep to a set over-priced price tag (such as the Ninja 250 for example).

Great rider safety courses and days.

Great warranty periods, 50% longer than what Kawa offer in many cases.

They don't nail the dealers and make them keep to a set over-priced price tag (such as the Ninja 250 for example).

Can I just add huge dealer network nationwide to this list

Of course you can.

Part of the fantastic Platinum Package I received when I bought my Honda was a voucher for one of their safety courses. I believe they have four different training levels, each one takes a day to complete.

The bike track was built on 4,506 square meters divided into flat lane, narrow lane, off-road, L-shaped curve, figure 8 curve, S curve, slippery surface, and areas for advanced training.

All courses use the standards from Japan and cover theory and practice; in bike training, it teaches from checking, halting, balancing in narrow areas, off-road balancing and riding on different curves to prevent accidents using the “Riding Trainer” simulator. The courses include elementary, big bike, assistant trainer, trainer and others.

The automobile training follows the standards of the Land Transport Department teaching basic engine maintenance, how to drive correctly, traffic rules and other relevant laws.

Go AP Honda!

Edited by strollling

Most educated people would read your statement that "Rear shock not adjustable" and conclude that you are wrong. coffee1.gif

Most educated "western" people would realize were discussing dampening when discussing a dual sport bike. Maybe in the Arab world things are different?

You mean they allow the dealers to overcharge as much as they like, as has been reported over and over on this forum.

I know that Honda offers periodic riding courses, which is great, but so do most other mc brands in Thailand. "Days"? Does AP Honda sponsor trips? I know Brian at Sumet Cycle has, and bravo to him for doing it, but I've never seen anyone mention an APe Honda sponsored ride on this forum...

Kawasaki offers 2 year unlimited mileage warranties on their bikes in Thailand. I don't know what Honda offers, but if it's better, that's great!

Keep on sTROLLing! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Aye, but how many of those dealers have mechanics who are actually trained to work on your bike?

Aye, but how many of those dealers have mechanics who are actually trained to work on your bike?

incompetence is nationwide problem ,not just an APe Honda problem

You mean they allow the dealers to overcharge as much as they like, as has been reported over and over on this forum.

They allow the dealers to price the bikes as they choose, much better than sticking a 150k price tag on an overpriced bike and telling the dealers that they can't do any price deals on it, the customer has to pay the inflated price if they want it.

I know that Honda offers periodic riding courses

They offer four stage motorcycle training courses on their specifically built (900m thb.) training center.

Kawasaki offers 2 year unlimited mileage warranties on their bikes in Thailand.

Yes, AP Honda warranty is typically 250% longer than what Kawa offer on the engine, and 50% longer on the frame and body.

5 years and 3 years respectively.

Well done AP Honda!

Edited by strollling

Every dealership in Thailand have mechanics trained to work on the CBR250R engine.

I am sure they have had to attend the extra training to transfer these skills to the CRF250L.

Honda CRF 250 L -- Kawasaki KLX 250 SHOOT OUT!

We just did the shoot out today between the 2 bikes (a gap in the rain in Chiang Mai at last!)

Before hitting the trails, we did a stationary push/ compression test on the suspension comparing the bikes.

The front suspension was noticeably harder on the Honda CRF 250 L than on the Kawasaki KLX 250.

The rebound on the rear shock absorber was faster on Honda CRF 250 L than that on the Kawasaki KLX 250 .

Off into the trails behind the 700 year stadium in Chiang Mai, a bit soggy everywhere but surprisingly puddle free considering all the constant rain.

One thing you immediately notice about the Honda CRF 250 L is how low it is compared to most enduro style bikes, it makes the bike very easy to handle through the tree roots and soft mud on gradients, where we were riding, it was not hindered in any way being slight lower.

We did a loop of the lower enduro trail area for Alex to get the feel of the KLX, then he took the Honda CRF 250 L for a test to compare.

7156896870_26054bf899_b.jpg

7156898772_46a5cb5546_b.jpg

7156897638_a377fc9f63_b.jpg

There s more over on the Ride Asia website with the full results, I can't be bothered to copy it all over.... but the CRF worked out good with its low center of gravity