Honda Crf 250L

RED21

Blimey.. before its even here its got soft arse suspension......and thats without actually riding it .LOL

Did you watch the video? Unless they put some extra special "soft" suspension in just for the video shoot then I think it's safe to assume that the bike has been set up for comfort on light trails and the road rather than any serious off roading or track work. The front forks pretty much used up the whole amount of travel coming down from a one foot 'jump'.

It's not a massive issue, you can respring the forks and get an aftermarket shock fairly cheaply, but there's no harm pointing out the obvious from the video is there?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some observations.

Honda lists the exact same drivetrain for both the CRF and the CBR with the exception of the final drive which is 5% lower on the CRF. Could the off-roadies speak up on the results of that? Am I wrong for thinking that being able to go some 45 km/h in first (and 72 in second) does not for a good off-road bike make? Or am I just inflating a non-issue.

Also of note is that Honda lists the same compression ratio for both bikes. Also, google searches result in a peak HP at 8500 and peak torque at 7000 for both the CBR and CRF. So same compression ratio, same peak HP RPM and Torque RPM...why on earth would there be any difference in power output from the CRF engine compared to the CBR?

That gearing isn't really good for off-roading given the weight/power of the bike, but it's pretty clear that this bike isn't really designed for any serious off roading. A larger rear sprocket would be an easy way to give it a bit more bite at the expense of top speed, but unless you're Ryan Villopoto then it's unlikely you'll be hitting anywhere near the top speed of this bike off road, especially with that soft-ass suspension.

Yeah, anyone who might want to do any "serious" off roading with this bike will want to lower the gearing and beef up the suspension. Then it will be fun to see if the frame can handle any serious punishment.

Anyone buying this bike to do serious off roading is being a cheap Charlie and buying the wrong bike IMO you want serious off road buy a proper off road bike I don't need to name the serious off road bikes I think we all know them

They don't sell proper off road bikes here,apart from MX bikes, which are also unsuitable for serious off road riding.

is the other honda crf (the expensive one ) not a "proper off road bike " ?

They don't sell proper off road bikes here,apart from MX bikes, which are also unsuitable for serious off road riding.

Bigbikebkk was out riding with some guys with proper trial bikes the other week if you look hard enough or are willing to pay you can get nearly any bike you want

Rumours on other forum is crf available tommorow or the 9 may at 138,000 bht your guess is as good as mine as to weather their true but it has got to be arriving any day now

is the other honda crf (the expensive one ) not a "proper off road bike " ?

Kind of, it is a motocross bike, for racing around a track at full speed for a short amount of time and jumping etc... Sure, it can be modified for general off road trail riding, but so can a KLX and a KLX is a LOT cheaper and less maintenance intensive!

Trials bikes are not for "serious off road riding" either, they are for trials.....

Bikes for serious off road would be things like, CRFX, WRF, even the WRR etc... which are not available officially here. You can buy KTM's but at a high mark up.

In the shops.

Drove past two Honda dealers today (Lat Phrao and Sumet on Pratchachuen), both had the CRF outside.

Anybody get a price from a dealer yet?

you seen them in 2 shops and didnt stop to ask the price ?rolleyes.gif

In the shops.

Drove past two Honda dealers today (Lat Phrao and Sumet on Pratchachuen), both had the CRF outside.

Anybody get a price from a dealer yet?

you seen them in 2 shops and didnt stop to ask the price ?rolleyes.gif

Just checked ape Honda website crf is now on there looks like bike now available just have to wait for them to arrive in the southern thai dealers

Got mine coming to Rider's Corner (www.riderscorner.net) in 2 days time .... dealer has the bike and the price is 138,000 bht .. no more hear-say

Congrats, Phil!

Which dealer did you get it from? I went to check today but of course it's a holiday, they're all closed.

PS: APHonda website slogan: STRIKE THE BARRIER! Quite brilliant... :P

all the details are on the RideAsia website

Got mine coming to Rider's Corner (www.riderscorner.net) in 2 days time .... dealer has the bike and the price is 138,000 bht .. no more hear-say

Congrats, Phil!

Which dealer did you get it from? I went to check today but of course it's a holiday, they're all closed.

PS: APHonda website slogan: STRIKE THE BARRIER! Quite brilliant... tongue.png

Good one Phil, You may be the first around to let everyone know what they are like and even how it stacks up to a KLX! Don't keep us waiting even though you will be busy getting some miles in!

So is the CRF full power off the showroom floor or restricted a la KLX250?

LOL yes It is a CRF full power bike you will see from that showroom.

The bike makes the Kawasaki feels it is 100 years old for sure! LOL

Personaly i get just exactly that feeling compare to outhers bikes in the class.

Sure you can replace the suspension in the back if you have money to spend.

The front end is very good and handling is easy, love the front end.

The bike has the feeling------ I am brand new and has the latest high technolog.

Before i look a little bit for the Kawa but now i am completely soold for honda after that test trip

.I willl by one for sure:)

Finally it's here!

A friend put a deposit down on a new CRF250L today. Delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Promotional price 134,900 Baht and a Free Helmet.

Dealer said this is a Promotional Price which Lasts for 15 Days after which it will increase by 5000 Baht to 139,900 Baht.

He's already got a KLX so I'm looking forward to his review of the CRF250L once he's had a chance to put a few kilometers on it.

Finally it's here!

Dealer said this is a Promotional Price which Lasts for 15 Days after which it will increase by 5000 Baht to 139,900 Baht.

He's already got a KLX so I'm looking forward to his review of the CRF250L once he's had a chance to put a few kilometers on it.

tony, have you got any idea if this is surpposed to de a national Prom price, or do you think its a matter of dealer getting your mate on the end of the line before someone else reals him in. Reason im asking is because ive got one lined up and would like to throw this bit of info in to the mix and try and skim 5 tho of the 139/140 asking price.

Cheers bro

Finally it's here!

tony, have you got any idea if this is surpposed to de a national Prom price, or do you think its a matter of dealer getting your mate on the end of the line before someone else reals him in. Reason im asking is because ive got one lined up and would like to throw this bit of info in to the mix and try and skim 5 tho of the 139/140 asking price.

Cheers bro

I asked dealer today if this price is just because there new out he told me most dealers are only getting 1 bike this mOnth so I think they will be at around 138,000 for a couple of months

There's gonna be high demand for this bike for a while to come so I can believe 140 is what you might have to pay... maybe Honda doesn't actually release a suggested MSRP this time around, so the dealers can do whatever they like, market forces taking care of the price... I guess the insiders here *could* tell us the dealer price ;)

This bike isn't sold in the USA - my baseline for "low price" for everything - but they're selling the older model, the CRF230L for MSRP of 5k. I think we're still getting a deal here, definitely for 135k.

Finally it's here!

Cheers bro

Dude, it's APe Honda, what do you think??? crazy.gif

Finally it's here!

Cheers bro

Dude, it's APe Honda, what do you think??? crazy.gif

Spinning a yarn, springs to mind.

Archived