Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the answer is Hard for F@@k sake be careful i dont wont to end up with blood on my hands.

I am going to go for the ride it like you stole it method although not holding in high revs for long periods

Hard

Edit, just saw the second post, 'blood on your hands'?? What is going to hard? ohhh errr :S 555

I just dont want newbies going hell for leather round the streets of pattaya or Phuket after reading the link, thats all.

So is it worth buying this bike and making it into a bike that COULD go around a motocross track with no problems as i have see in some pictures,and if so who could do that for you?a new crf250r will be around 280,000b i think,so this would be a lot cheaper and can use on the road even if it is only to get to a track or the mountains.waiting for any reviews from the new buyers out there,don't have them in samui yet!

If the answer is Hard for F@@k sake be careful i dont wont to end up with blood on my hands.

I am going to go for the ride it like you stole it method although not holding in high revs for long periods

You have got tanon(road)44 close by, which is tailor made for the job in hand. Krabi>suratthani and back 250km perfect.

Hard

Edit, just saw the second post, 'blood on your hands'?? What is going to hard? ohhh errr :S 555

I just dont want newbies going hell for leather round the streets of pattaya or Phuket after reading the link, thats all.

Good point and i hope those who decidethat the hard break-in method suits them do so out of town :)

Hard

Hard break in does not require dangerous riding- just run her up and down through the gears with lots of engine braking and change the oil and filter the first day. The most critical phase of break in occurs during the first ~20-30 km of operation. Then continue riding normally, again, varying RPM and with a lot of engine braking until the 1000km service. You'll end up with an engine that has better than average compression and burns less oil than folks who run their bikes in the "soft" way.

So is it worth buying this bike and making it into a bike that COULD go around a motocross track with no problems as i have see in some pictures,and if so who could do that for you?a new crf250r will be around 280,000b i think,so this would be a lot cheaper and can use on the road even if it is only to get to a track or the mountains.waiting for any reviews from the new buyers out there,don't have them in samui yet!

Actually, the CRF250R sells for 310,000 Thai Baht at the Honda Big Wing: http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigwing/

No doubt you can take a stock CRF250L on a track, but you certainly won't be winning any races with it if you're going up against proper race bikes.

As mentioned in previous posts you will need to upgrade the suspension, tune the engine for more power, and try to cut as much weight off the bike as possible if you hope to make it competitive on a race track.

Hard

Hard break in does not require dangerous riding- just run her up and down through the gears with lots of engine braking and change the oil and filter the first day. The most critical phase of break in occurs during the first ~20-30 km of operation. Then continue riding normally, again, varying RPM and with a lot of engine braking until the 1000km service. You'll end up with an engine that has better than average compression and burns less oil than folks who run their bikes in the "soft" way.

Hi guys gonna change the oil around 100k today what oil should I be buying

Cheers

Hi guys gonna change the oil around 100k today what oil should I be buying

Cheers

What does the owners manual/handbook recommend ?

Don't know didnt have manual or bike when posted

Anyway have bike and oil now just having lunch then 25 k ride home

Today I am happy

Finally it's here!

A friend put a deposit down on a new CRF250L today. Delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Promotional price 134,900 Baht and a Free Helmet.

Dealer said this is a Promotional Price which Lasts for 15 Days after which it will increase by 5000 Baht to 139,900 Baht.

He's already got a KLX so I'm looking forward to his review of the CRF250L once he's had a chance to put a few kilometers on it.

Thanks for the update BigBikeBKK, You have validated what the guy from AP Honda told me back in March, 140,000 and it seems he wasn't so far wrong after all. This was at the Motor Show, albeit a day or two before it opened. I posted this information back on 26th March.

I saw one at Dirt Shop today, not sure how long it's been there on display but they have had time to add a few trick parts to their one already. I must admit, it looked very nice indeed despite no adjustment in the suspension at all. :)

ok got mine today only done 50 km today 20 km was back from shop then i nipped out on a few trails for a couple off hours seems more than capabable of road tackled a few muddy hills with no problems ,not sure but after reading all the hype about this engine on the cbr 250 forum thought it might be a bit quicker not that its slow just probably overhyped a bit any way had it to 117 kpm no problems and not flat out ,im really happy with it ,yes its a bit on the heavy side a bitch to pick up on a muddy hiil but its fine when riding just struggle to pick it up when dropped ,oh and 1 moan is there is no rev counter.

it has d.i.d rims and chain suspension seems fine will get out and hammer it a bit more tommorow

post-105817-0-04919400-1336050464_thumb.post-105817-0-05528100-1336050471_thumb.post-105817-0-56073900-1336050478_thumb.post-105817-0-55755100-1336050487_thumb.

Is there a cat-convertor in the muffler a la CBR250R?

What does it sound like... and will the CRF muffler fit the CBR250R? :)

Regards the cat converter I'm not sure probably is in muffler

The exhaust sound is what you would expect from a standard system rubbish the exhaust itself looks like it's made from cast iron it looks very similar to the standard pipe on my 1998 600cc hornet the pipe will be gone as soon as I find out where to get a aftermarket 1

ok got mine today only done 50 km today 20 km was back from shop then i nipped out on a few trails for a couple off hours seems more than capabable of road tackled a few muddy hills with no problems ,not sure but after reading all the hype about this engine on the cbr 250 forum thought it might be a bit quicker not that its slow just probably overhyped a bit any way had it to 117 kpm no problems and not flat out ,im really happy with it ,yes its a bit on the heavy side a bitch to pick up on a muddy hiil but its fine when riding just struggle to pick it up when dropped ,oh and 1 moan is there is no rev counter.

it has d.i.d rims and chain suspension seems fine will get out and hammer it a bit more tommorow

post-105817-0-04919400-1336050464_thumb.post-105817-0-05528100-1336050471_thumb.post-105817-0-56073900-1336050478_thumb.post-105817-0-55755100-1336050487_thumb.

No rev counter? Argh. I suppose one will have to play it by ear then, that's really odd..

Keep the updates coming ;)

Sat on one today at HK road Honda dealer in CM. 134,900 and 1 month wait. The bike looks very nice, but its noticeably lower than the KLX.

It occurred to me that this one is not a no brainer deal like the CBR/Ninja was - the price is pretty close to the KLX, some things might be better, others worse. HFL liked this bike so much in part because its the same price as the CBR250 - clearly not the case in Thailand. Change the price and the whole deal changes...

whole post

Did you already break the two rear indicator lights? On the first ride, ohhh man...

Haha no didn't break them just changed the rear light and indicators, they were sticking out to far and at a funny angle yesterday had to drill dome new holes today to bring them in and straigten them out all is good now

Nickster I'm 5"11 and I can get my feet flat on floor on flat ground on off road it's a struggle sometimes I certainly would not want the seat any higher I'd like it a bit lower I think if your under 5"10 the height could be a problem.

Just finishing my first oil change at 110 km breaking it in the hard way.

I'm not to worried about fuel consumption for those interested

Put 200 bht in yesterday and got about 90k from it this was alot of road up hills in 2nd gear revving the arse of it.

Anyone know if a motard version is planned?

I like the look of the Honda, but not the colour scheme. Red, black and white......booooooorrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnngggggg.

whole post

Did you already break the two rear indicator lights? On the first ride, ohhh man...

Haha no didn't break them just changed the rear light and indicators, they were sticking out to far and at a funny angle yesterday had to drill dome new holes today to bring them in and straigten them out all is good now

Nickster I'm 5"11 and I can get my feet flat on floor on flat ground on off road it's a struggle sometimes I certainly would not want the seat any higher I'd like it a bit lower I think if your under 5"10 the height could be a problem.

Put 200 bht in yesterday and got about 90k from it this was alot of road up hills in 2nd gear revving the arse of it.

Good to know re: seat height. I have to say getting on a bike like this, either KLX or CRF after coming off the Versys makes them seem toy size, so maybe it was just that.

How much do you weigh if I may ask? Suspension not too soft? I am also 5'11 / 80kg.

whole post

Good to know re: seat height. I have to say getting on a bike like this, either KLX or CRF after coming off the Versys makes them seem toy size, so maybe it was just that.

How much do you weigh if I may ask? Suspension not too soft? I am also 5'11 / 80kg.

im around 60 kg , had another fun day in the dirt today also done about 40km on the roads 2 up with the misses the bike handles it all fine got it up to 122km today might take it on the highway tommorow see what it tops out at.

post-105817-0-17878600-1336140622_thumb.

post-105817-0-63815700-1336140846_thumb.

Ok little update just done some road riding today trying to keep it clean after spending 2 days cleaning it got to say it is so easy to ride haven't ridden a geared bike since I came Los so were talking about 5 years but as soon as I pulled away from the dealer I felt comfortable and at ease on it clutch is so easy and gear changes smooth.

Took it on the highway today saw 140km on the clock but it ain't easy runs up to 125km ok then tuck in for 130km and eventually it will push up to 140 km

I see riders corner has his now so will be interesting to hear his view as I believe he has alot experience with these bikes than myself.

Gotta say I am really missing the rev counter when using it on road.

Last view off off road trails have been wet and muddy was starting to think tires not to good as spinning and sliding everywhere then remembered you have to deflate tires for off roading so got myself tyre gauge now it come from dealer with 20 psi in front and back what should I deflate them to bearing in mind I will be riding on road to and from trails....

Archived