Short Trip To Pattaya Over This Weekend.

Preceptor

Have been residing in BKK for a year ought.

I am thinking spenting the weekend over at Pattaya since it is a short drive from BKK.

Or could any kind souls share with me where else is good for my gf & me to spent our weekend in Thailand please?

Thanks in advance!

I am thinking spenting the weekend over at Pattaya since it is a short drive from BKK.

Or could any kind souls share with me where else is good for my gf & me to spent our weekend in Thailand please?

Thanks in advance!

You and your gf will have a great weekend in Pattaya. There`s lots to do and see and enjoy.

I can`t believe that you`ve been in Bangkok for a year and never been to Patters.

I am sure that once you have been you will be returning again. Have a great time and let us know how you went on. :o

Thanks in advance!

Have fun in Pattaya - and save money too! Most restaurants and hotels are much cheaper than Bangkok!

• 10 months later...
Nice day trips to Koh Lan by cheap ferry, good beaches and clean.

Stay in Jomtien, nicer than Pattaya but only 10 mins away and decent beach, good restaurants.

Beach in Pattaya is noisy and dirty.

Errr ! ... Beach in Jomtien is also pretty dirty. :o

Not that I would swim in either place, but with the epidemic of corpses being pulled out of the waters, there's even less incentive to do so:

Body Found in Pattaya Bay

On Tuesday Sawang Boriboon volunteers were called out into Pattaya Bay after reports of a body floating near the small island of Koh Pai. The reports were found to be correct but the body was badly decomposed. The only thing for certain is that the deceased was a male but his nationality or race are undetermined. The volunteers brought the body back into Bali-Hai port where it will be sent for forensic testing to further determine the person’s identity.

- PCN

For the second time in two days, a floating corpse found in the waters off of Pattaya Bay

We now report on the discovery of a badly decomposed body which has been discovered in Pattaya Bay. This is the second such case in the space of two days. The body was found floating in the waters off of Sark Island which is close to yesterdays discovery in the waters off of Pai Island. Once again there is little that can be said about the discovery apart from the fact that the body is that of a man and there appears to be a burn mark on the back of the corpse. Due to the high level of decomposition and the lack of any form of identity it is now up to Forensic doctors to investigate this case further. The only difference to yesterday’s case is that the body was headless. An obvious connection between both cases is being made and we will have to wait and see if the connection is correct and if the cause of death and identity of the two corpses is made.

- PCN

That's not quite true Sriracha John. A couple of months back I helped out the local marine police by taking a call from a young lady who was in our area and had discovered a corpse in the sea. She had chartered a private boat with some friends and were not far from Koh Sichang when they discovered the corpse.