Ngv/Lpg Cost Of A Convertion For Cars

Carlosm

They had a company Advertising conversion's to LPG the other day in our local Big C price for a small ford was 21,000bt.

Probably Versus which is a very nice system and the company seems to be very professional too though I haven't used them personally..

Yes, I've seen lots of Versus promo stands during the past year. Prices start at around 22k for basic LPG conversion +8k for donut tank that fits in the spare-wheel well. They have a good website, are nationwide and give insurance with a proper service schedule. I've been put off converting after seeing how the systems are installed (not just Versus but all installers) but it's probably safe and worth it if you do high mileage. I gather that LPG will rise to 17baht this year so it's still worth doing.

I understand why the taxi drivers are protesting as the government did back NGV (hence the factory-fitted cars) yet that too will rise to 18b/kg this year. One of my colleagues at work has a Chevrolet Aveo CNG and when I asked him how it was I was a bit surprised. He reckons the NGV stations can't always deliver at pressure so it will say the tank is full but he won't get the expected range. Also, Chevrolet sell extended warranties on all their cars up to 250,000km/5 years if you want, yet none are available on the Aveo CNG past the standard 100,000km/3-year one. He also insists that cars and taxis have separate queues yet I've often seen cars queuing with the taxis, maybe they don't know? Anyhow, it seems better to buy a factory-fitted NGV car as the filling cap is in the correct place instead of sticking out under the trunk and the system has been installed by trained mechanics who understand the engine.

It is my understanding that LP is easier on the engine but you lose some performance.

LPG has higher combustion temp than petrol/gasohol, and CNG has again higher combustion temp than LPG, so yes, LPG is easier on the engine

both of them do not lube parts in combustion chamber, so should be started every day on petrol to at least lube for a few minutes every day

How is a tank of LP more dangerous that a tank of gasoline/benzene/petrol?

I wasn't talking about strapping the tanks in with bungi-cords, have you ever seen how the LP tanks are mounted on an fork-truck?

LPG in tank is under pressure. petrol just leaks out and the leak is visible on ground, LPG is invisible and explodes

They had a company Advertising conversion's to LPG the other day in our local Big C price for a small ford was 21,000bt.

Probably Versus which is a very nice system and the company seems to be very professional too though I haven't used them personally..

Yes, I've seen lots of Versus promo stands during the past year. Prices start at around 22k for basic LPG conversion +8k for donut tank that fits in the spare-wheel well. They have a good website, are nationwide and give insurance with a proper service schedule. I've been put off converting after seeing how the systems are installed (not just Versus but all installers) but it's probably safe and worth it if you do high mileage. I gather that LPG will rise to 17baht this year so it's still worth doing.

I understand why the taxi drivers are protesting as the government did back NGV (hence the factory-fitted cars) yet that too will rise to 18b/kg this year. One of my colleagues at work has a Chevrolet Aveo CNG and when I asked him how it was I was a bit surprised. He reckons the NGV stations can't always deliver at pressure so it will say the tank is full but he won't get the expected range. Also, Chevrolet sell extended warranties on all their cars up to 250,000km/5 years if you want, yet none are available on the Aveo CNG past the standard 100,000km/3-year one. He also insists that cars and taxis have separate queues yet I've often seen cars queuing with the taxis, maybe they don't know? Anyhow, it seems better to buy a factory-fitted NGV car as the filling cap is in the correct place instead of sticking out under the trunk and the system has been installed by trained mechanics who understand the engine.

Spot on it was Versus there again today and the price for a ford Fiesta was as stated before 21,000bt All the bit's part's look very professional.

It is my understanding that LP is easier on the engine but you lose some performance.

LPG has higher combustion temp than petrol/gasohol, and CNG has again higher combustion temp than LPG, so yes, LPG is easier on the engine

both of them do not lube parts in combustion chamber, so should be started every day on petrol to at least lube for a few minutes every day

And also advisable to switch between fuels during long travels about 15 minutes to a half hr of benzine for every 1.5 to 2 hours of consecutive Lp run time and always for a few kilos back to benzine before shutting down..

And also advisable to switch between fuels during long travels about 15 minutes to a half hr of benzine for every 1.5 to 2 hours of consecutive Lp run time and always for a few kilos back to benzine before shutting down..

My truck starts and runs on LPG. No switching back and forth. All this talk of messy switching back and forth, if necessary would be done automatically by the electronics as it would not be difficult to program. It is not automatic even on high end conversions, I wonder why? The use of a simple 420 baht upper cylinder lubricant dispenser will mitigate any effects of "dry" fuel and no one does not have to use the 350- 500 baht/litre special liquid.

My truck starts and runs on LPG. No switching back and forth. All this talk of messy switching back and forth, if necessary would be done automatically by the electronics as it would not be difficult to program. It is not automatic even on high end conversions, I wonder why? The use of a simple 420 baht upper cylinder lubricant dispenser will mitigate any effects of "dry" fuel and no one does not have to use the 350- 500 baht/litre special liquid.

a good LPG electronic starts and run engine on petrol until coolant has reached 65C temp. At this temp vaporizer starts working making LPG a gas fit for combustion chamber. Running LPG before this temp is reached is like pouring petrol into combustion chamber without having a carburator or injection. It woks in LOS heat. It doesnt start at all at 20C minus

In addition an electronic LPG control is set to run some petrol at intervalls for sensitive engines

using 2stoke oil or similar is illegal due to emission laws

a good LPG electronic starts and run engine on petrol until coolant has reached 65C temp. At this temp vaporizer starts working making LPG a gas fit for combustion chamber. Running LPG before this temp is reached is like pouring petrol into combustion chamber without having a carburator or injection. It woks in LOS heat. It doesnt start at all at 20C minus

In addition an electronic LPG control is set to run some petrol at intervalls for sensitive engines

Most LPG systems come from Europe. It gets cold there hence all the trick stuff.

My truck runs fine here in Thailand, starting at 30C on LPG. Has done for 4 years. Engine temp gets to "normal" before the end of the soi. If the high end units do switch back and forth automatically that is "invisible" to the owner so no action required.

You are the one suggesting 2stroke oil not me, I would have thought that a bit too viscous. As if anything is really illegal in Thailand.

Edited by VocalNeal

It's worth it. I paid 24,500 for a Versus conversion that took less than 6 hrs. Left the car at eight, came back after one, and they'd already gone for a test drive. 570 THB gave me between 400 and 450 km on the Proton Persona.

Most LPG systems come from Europe. It gets cold there hence all the trick stuff.

My truck runs fine here in Thailand, starting at 30C on LPG. Has done for 4 years. Engine temp gets to "normal" before the end of the soi. If the high end units do switch back and forth automatically that is "invisible" to the owner so no action required.

You are the one suggesting 2stroke oil not me, I would have thought that a bit too viscous. As if anything is really illegal in Thailand.

Most electronic LPG systems come from Europe and Canada

your mixing posters, I have never suggested 2 stroke oil or other oils to combustion. for 2 reasons. pollution. cat gets clogged up and is very expensive

emission tested at road blocks and DLT

your LPG truck runs ok at 30C, but far from perfect before 65C coolant is reached. as I just said above. cant make magic

in addition your petrolsystem corrodes by never being used, so wont work at all if desired

No it necessarily wouldn't but it is one of the reasons top systems have a manual feature but hey it's your truck if you want to abuse it and be ignorant about it you're welcome to it, my advise is for those who wish take care of their equipment and get more use out of them without a major repair investment..

BTW Can you demonstrate your personal experience that proves your comment? If not? (rhetorical BTW) Then taking my/Katas advice does no harm what-so-ever and as a matter of fact more good then anything else but taking yours might cost someone a lot of money in premature engine damage and heart break, so who's advice sounds better in that case? Also rhetorical...

Edited by WarpSpeed