Where Is The Best Place To Buy Gold For Gift In Bangkok

Tony59329

I can reccomend the gold shop listed below, I have done business with them and never have regretted it. They have a very good reputation, I am to new of a member to post the link as per forum rules but if you just google the name in bold below it will take you to the site. I dealt with Sumart and as far as I know he should still be there.

If you contact them, they will come and pick you up at your hotel and take you back once you have completed your transaction,...at least they used to. Good luck

Johnysgems

Johny's Gems 199 Fueng Nakorn Road Phra Nakorn, Bangkok 10200 Thailand.

Phone: +66 2224 4065 Fax: +66 2225 2364

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions although another question...

.Will a Thai speaking person get a better price than a "farang" or ot being a commodity will it be the same or am I delusional??

Gold is sold in baht weight at a fixed price. One baht = 15.244 grams. You don't pay extra for the workmanship. There will be signs showing the current price. You can check the days price in any paper or online.

Edited by necronx99

Also recommended on this forum in the past, the gold shop on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 10.

Recommended, they have been in business there for more years than I can remember. Safe shop to buy your gold, prices competetive/same as Chinatown.

This is a very good gold shop only one to have the rights to the King''s Garuda stamp as far as I know. They also run the gold commodities market in Thailand

Hua Seng Heng

http://www.huasengheng.com/

Address in link below

http://www.bangkok.com/chinatown/shoppinh.htm

This shop is the only place I would buy gold from in any quantity.

I second the above...the only downside (which is also an upside) is that their shops are always crowded (with no organized queues/lines)....you cannot be shy and move firmly to the front to buy or sell

the other gold shops are sleepy quiet