Change Avatar Issue - Problem Identified

george

Here a technical explanation why it's currently a problems to change/upload avatars:

When a member upload a new avatar IP.Board software keeps the same name for the picture.

To clean cache, IP.Board adds a parameter like ?t=82789380 for versioning.

Example:

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-40584.jpg?t=82789380?t=48223930 

We are waiting for a software update that change this so the avatar filename get renamed instead of versioned.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-40584-v1.jpg 

each time a user uploads a new avatar.

Thaivisa are currently migrating to Amazon Cloudfront as CDN, and everything following a ? (question mark) is ignored, so we need unique filenames for avatars.

IP.Board programmers are working on this and we hope that this issue will be resolved within a few days.

Cheers

We have now got a BETA version of the new routine to upload/change Avatars. Please feel free to test it out and report any issues here.

PLEASE NOTE: After uploading or changing your avatar/photo it may take up to 10 minutes (normally less than 1 minute) before it is published.

Thanks for all help and sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers

George,

I just tried to put up an avatar pic, but it didn't work. The old picture which I had taken down reappears again.

Logged off, cleared the cache; Total browser history deletion including cookies and temp files of favorites.

Logged back in, tried again but after browsing in my picture folder and showing signs of uploading the new pic (less than 200 kb) the old deleted pic is back again.

Sorry, but it is still the same.

C

Same same.

Instead of the guns reference, I now see what you don't need. Crtl-F5 did the trick.

Can you confirm?

I first deleted my guns avatar,but could not load the current avatar as each time the gun would show up again regardless of how many times I cleared the cache and closed the browser, however I was able to load another one which I did.

Kept that one for I guess 30 minutes and then removed it,at which time the system allowed me to load the current one.

Edit to add: Take notice that after almost a week now still he old one shows up in my profile.

Edited by janverbeem