Korat Resident Believes The Naga Lives In His Pool

webfact

Korat Resident Believes the Naga Lives in His Pool

NAKHORN RATCHASIMA: -- In the Pratai District of Nakorn Ratchasima Province, 56 year old Somdee Kangkaranok believes that the mystical Naga snake lives in his new swamp. He claims that on Jan 23, he hired workers to dig an eight meter deep pool on his plantation so he could store water for the crops. The pool was to be 20 meters long and 10 meters wide. As workers started digging, Somdee claims to have gotten a strange eerie feeling. That night, he dreamt that a giant leech was attacking him and he was surrounded in blood.

It took three days for the workers to finish digging the pool as they kept reporting trouble with the equipment. After they were done, one worker pointed out a long snack-like impression in the dirt on the sides of the pool. The impression was around 80 centimeters wide and 18 meters long.

Somdee came to the conclusion that the impression was caused by the mystic Naga, a giant snack-like creature in ancient Thai folklore. He believes that the Naga will bring he and his family good luck and massive fortune. Many locals from nearby areas have flocked to the sight. Some claim to see “lucky” numbers on the Naga impression.

Translated from www.dailynews.co.th

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-01-31

footer_n.gif

Perhaps it's a relative of the snake that that Udon Thani man married a few years ago.

Didn't some woman marry the Eiffel Tower a couple of years ago?

In Tanzania we had "Popobawa", a bat like creature that buggers you while you sleep.

In first world countries we have mythical creatures such as "Honest politicians"

Real life beats fiction any day...

• Like 1

what the hell is happening in issan?first we have kaledamai wanting to know is his gf.a lover or a leech, now we have somdee dreaming he was attacked by one,any more and i will be moving.

I shall ask my dog. She usually knows what is going on around here.

• Like 1

I saw Jesus in my cottage cheese once.

Really? I saw him in a glass of Cabernet in Napa Valley! Small world! rolleyes.gif

But a band of mexican migrant workers and a catholic priest quisked it away to some unknown location before I could drink it. Darn!

Edited by connda

Dont worry most of the planet believes in a god or life after death, both equally as idiotic as this yet you mock this guy for his "belief".

For me the Naga and god are the same and equally idiotic yet one is revered the other mocked.

Dont worry most of the planet believes in a god or life after death, both equally as idiotic as this yet you mock this guy for his "belief".

For me the Naga and god are the same and equally idiotic yet one is revered the other mocked.

Actually, the traditional Naga and a presumed and invented God have no relation to one another.

Actually, the traditional Naga and a presumed and invented God have no relation to one another.

Both equally nuts imowink.png

God bless you along with a special good luck promise from Naga.

Somdee believes that the Naga will bring him and his family good luck and massive fortune.

Well I hope so for him and if even the thought about a naga helps, it is fine with me if it makes him happy.

Snakes play a role in "our culture" too, there ones was a snake who lived in Paris, or was it Paradise... it could talk and seduce a women to eat from a fruit, and after that the world changed, en we all became sinners.

I prefer Somdee`s story, it sounds more plausible.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Carib

what the hell is happening in issan?first we have kaledamai wanting to know is his gf.a lover or a leech, now we have somdee dreaming he was attacked by one,any more and i will be moving.

I shall ask my dog. She usually knows what is going on around here.

I talked to my dog now and she says you are all bonkers! Believing in gods and mythical snakes, what. She wants to know how many of you have actually seen your god? Pictures? She says get real! There are real issues to be dealt with here! Like chasing cats.

So now I’m still confused. How can he thinks it’s a NAGA, when he dreamt of a giant “leech”?

And the impression on the bottom pool….was it a “snack”(per article) or “snake”?

Unless it used to be a snake, until the workers ate it, and reported afterward as a “snack”.

Or seems someone was having another go with the Google translator again…..hehe