Why Scandinavian Bakery? A Good Bakery Can Be Only French Right?

Why Scandinavian bakery? A good bakery can be only French right?

questions like these are precise indicators of individual boredom levels laugh.png

As are replies like this.

Why aren't you sat by your air conditioned,bug free pool with a cold one.

Sent from stoney's iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by stoneyboy

We all have our own 'taste' in bread.

I enjoy a baguette every now and again as I enjoy some German bread every now and again, but would dearly love to be able to find a good, old-fashioned, whole-meal loaf (English style) for normal everyday use!

Yes, I know Tesco do a whole-meal loaf, but it is too sweet for my taste - God knows what else is in there...

Some of the best bakery items I have ever eaten came from a bakery in Bergen Norway. They made an eclair and cinnamon rolls the size of a salad plate. Various breads were also very good.

A lady told me one time that the secret to making good bread was when it was needed to fill the stomach due to basic food struffs being in short supply. She was raised in Europe during the war years.

you oughta go to Vancouver, BC sometime where there is a fresh bakery on every corner...not too much in the way of boulangerie but them square heads make a mighty good rye bread...

(tutsiwarrior, on the tramp in Vancouver with a loaf of fresh bread and a boddle of canadian rye whiskey underneath a tree in a vacant lot and minding his own business...)

• Like 1

Bread is different in most countries and if you afind a good bakery enjoy it. French is good if its done right, a lot here are not like the French I know, similarly there excellent British breads which I have not found here, different to the French but good in their own too. I suspect every country has their own idea what is good in the bread division so why not any Scandanavian Bakery too I would give it go. Thailand is not know for bread and their attempts ahve not been that successful, they could start with less sugar but then Thais would probably not buy them.

That's like saying only France makes wine. You have much to learn, and it's all delicious. licklips.gif

I beg to differ - have you ever eaten American bread- it is more like a sweet cake- how revolting for a sandwich.

Sounds like you're talking about Thai bread or the popular American bread of the 1950s and 1960s which was never as bad as Thai bread.

The best bakery I have been to in many years was in Taupo in the North Island of New Zealand.

The bread and rolls were superb plus meat pies and cakes to die for.

Oddly enough it was run by a Chinese family and most days the queue was out of the door.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

That's like saying only France makes wine. You have much to learn, and it's all delicious. licklips.gif

I beg to differ - have you ever eaten American bread- it is more like a sweet cake- how revolting for a sandwich.

You say it like there's only one kind. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

English bread is the best in the world. Oh boy, how I really miss that.

Never had a liking for the French poofy pastries and they’re puff croissants. French bread is like a load of soft doe filled with air. How could anyone enjoy that?

Give me a good old solid English loaf any day of the week. The same goes for the beer, a good English pint, no beating it. And hot crumpets, not the kind that we pay for short time in Thailand, but the types we eat with lashings of butter, although some Thai crumpets perform well with butter on top.

Good old English grub compared with French food, no contest.

And hot crumpets, not the kind that we pay for short time in Thailand, but the types we eat with lashings of butter, although some Thai crumpets perform well with butter on top.

Good old English grub compared with French food, no contest.

My man!!

I'm 2 weeks away from said crumpets...oh dear...