Lpg Installation In Phuket

flip

hi,

can anyone recommend a garage/shop which doing LPG installation?

I was reading/hearing that are 2 "different systems"... LPG (mix) and/or LPG(inj)

LPG I heard is around 15000 Baht and the other (better??) around 30000 Baht!?

Any experiences/recommendations here?

Thnks a lot

Flip

LPg can be released in engine air intake, or

it can be injected in engine

the latter uses less LPG and returns more power. It also prevents backfires, which can be expensive

Not seen any good Phuket installation yet

The Suzuki dealer supplies quiet a few Carry pickups with 1600cc petrol/LPG, converted in Phuket as far as I know. No knowledge of its quality

A sloppy LPG installation is one helofa bomb. even a good one, you are not allowed to park in indoor parking garages

Last time I looked into a LPG conversion the only authorised LPG installer was just past Mission Hospital, about opposite Toyota dealer. Your 30,000 baht seemed a lot on the light side from what I was quoted about 5 years ago. Seem to remember 40 - 50,000 baht. A lot depends on the style/size of gas tank your want fitted.

will keep u posted..... just know in bangkok its around 15-17000 for the lpg, the inject one about dble..

going to eaglegas next week and lets see what they telling me...

seems like injection in BKK has landed at 25k baht with cylinder tank, ad 3-5k baht if doughnut desired

the authorisation of LPG installers in Th is a joke. Check out a job, check the quality of hoses and piping used, check out how pipes are installed (they need to be at least as protected as brake pipes), get an imported injection kit, and make sure tank is bolted throug floor. Filler cap should be properly installed outside vehicle

then its electronics. every joint in engine bay need to be protected from humidity and dust

yes i have delivered over 100 LPG vehicles back home

let us know what you think about eagle

I used to convert Range Rovers, to LPG back in the U K,here they dont have the same safety standards..KBB has given some good advice, about price ets,i thought a bout having it done but having checked it out,i think i will give it a miss...TIP [THIS IS PHUKET]

Is it safe to remain in vehicle while refilling tank?

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

yes, as long as filler cap is outside.

but its more important to switch off engine and lights, as gas spreads and blends more rapidly with air than leaking petrol and diesel

LPG in Phuket approx 12,50baht/liter

gasohol approx 40baht/liter as of yesterday

milage same with injection system, ad 10-30% with vacuumsystem

If I got my math right, the 50.000B LPG injection system would pay itself on 26.000km when the car consumption is 7l/km.

50000B/(40B/l-12.5B/l)*100km/7km/l

--> 25974km

even a good one, you are not allowed to park in indoor parking garages

Eh? Since when?? I park in indoor garages all the time and even at the airport where they check my trunk (which I do find a bit unnerving as they still don't question) but I've never seen any notice or ever had anyone make any such comment.. Complete rubbish...

Is it safe to remain in vehicle while refilling tank?

but its more important to switch off engine and lights, as gas spreads and blends more rapidly with air than leaking petrol and diesel

But I don't and I have my family get out too and watch from a distance, I just think it's safety minded as you can't see propane like you can a liquid fuel for example so a cloud could be forming and explode and besides some smell you wouldn't know until it's too late..

i have been involved in LPG syatems,,and my Thai freind// patner has a company in BKK, who trains PTT employees in Safety,and Fire drill etc,he even has fire fighting mobile,equipment for this purpose,that he supplies to PTT...it can be dangerous and if you decide to have one fitted,please follow the safety guidelines.

But I don't and I have my family get out too and watch from a distance, I just think it's safety minded as you can't see propane like you can a liquid fuel for example so a cloud could be forming and explode and besides some smell you wouldn't know until it's too late..

When you say "outside", does the engine compartment count? What about the trunk? I think when the taxi pulled into the gas station, he opened his hood and the attendant did his thing and you could hear the tank filling up (car/meter was shut off)

I was thinking to myself "was this normal?" but since the meter was off, and we were not being charged for it, i figured why not. I will think twice about waiting in the car though.

Eh? Since when?? I park in indoor garages all the time and even at the airport where they check my trunk (which I do find a bit unnerving as they still don't question) but I've never seen any notice or ever had anyone make any such comment.. Complete rubbish...

do you have a large green with white sticker stating its a LPG vehicle, as required by law?

if so they make you park outside here in Phuket

anyway up to the garage owner, but thats what Central, Robinson and Jungceylon do

do you have a large green with white sticker stating its a LPG vehicle, as required by law?

if so they make you park outside here in Phuket

anyway up to the garage owner, but thats what Central, Robinson and Jungceylon do

Whether I do or not is irrelevant as I said they inspect my trunk every time I go to the airport which is quite often since my missus works there and they see this very large round LP tank staring them in the face so I gather that professionally trained SECURITY personal should know what it is without some silly LPG sticker to tell them?? It's certain they've seen a few before.. The LPG sticker is more to inform fire and emergency personnel arriving on an accident scene to know what they're dealing with just like the same carriage stickers required on all cargo transport trucks and not for some BiB wannabe parking lot security guy.

The fill nozzle is also quite visible to anyone from the rear of the car and I've attempted to acquire an LPG sticker but all I get is mai me, mai chai so no joy and no reason to take it further if it's that difficult to get a hold of.. But as stated is really quite irrelevant anyway..

Just came from Central today as so many times before and no problems parking, the point is, there is no policing so whether or not you can park there is moot as no one even cares..

So Op go ahead and park wherever the heck you'd like and my bet is few to no one will hassle you if you don't make an issue out of it by stomping your feet and telling them you're not supposed to be ALLOWED BECAUSE you have an LPG tank..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Whether I do or not is irrelevant as I said they inspect my trunk every time I go to the airport which is quite often since my missus works there and they see this very large round LP tank staring them in the face so I gather that professionally trained SECURITY personal should know what it is without some silly LPG sticker to tell them?? It's certain they've seen a few before.. The LPG sticker is more to inform fire and emergency personnel arriving on an accident scene to know what they're dealing with just like the same carriage stickers required on all cargo transport trucks and not for some BiB wannabe parking lot security guy.

The fill nozzle is also quite visible to anyone from the rear of the car and I've attempted to acquire an LPG sticker but all I get is mai me, mai chai so no joy and no reason to take it further if it's that difficult to get a hold of.. But as stated is really quite irrelevant anyway..

Just came from Central today as so many times before and no problems parking, the point is, there is no policing so whether or not you can park there is moot as no one even cares..

So Op go ahead and park wherever the heck you'd like and my bet is few to no one will hassle you if you don't make an issue out of it by stomping your feet and telling them you're not supposed to be ALLOWED BECAUSE you have an LPG tank..

come on warp, the parking attendants wouldnt know how to recoginse a neutron bomb, so how would they know your bomb contains LPG?

my statement remains, the 3 mentioned Phuket parking garages do not allow LPG/CNG vehicles parked indoor, and if the vehicles are road legal they have the required stickers and update in reg book

The reason for not allowing gas indor/downstairs is a leak is invisible, and as its more heavy than air it rapidly goes down in the klongs/drains, and thus a major explosion risk

and a proper gas installaiton is very safe, I v done hundreds of k km in gas vehicles

come on warp, the parking attendants wouldnt know how to recoginse a neutron bomb, so how would they know your bomb contains LPG?

my statement remains, the 3 mentioned Phuket parking garages do not allow LPG/CNG vehicles parked indoor, and if the vehicles are road legal they have the required stickers and update in reg book

The reason for not allowing gas indor/downstairs is a leak is invisible, and as its more heavy than air it rapidly goes down in the klongs/drains, and thus a major explosion risk

and a proper gas installaiton is very safe, I v done hundreds of k km in gas vehicles

AIRPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWAMPY!!!! They had better know!!!! Don't be silly!! Even IF they had never seen a hundred or more on the cars here in Thailand already, their training had better be at least that minimal....

Still IMO that would not prevent me from installing a system, actually rather I'd buy a car with one already installed that's how you get your benefit of owning it from day one..

I'd venture a wager that on a daily basis there are literally dozens of LP or Ngv cars that are parked in those garages with no one knowing or caring.. Only Lp is heavier then air BTW NGV is lighter but in both cases do you honestly think that the owner of a new high end NGV car is going to tolerate parking outside and any "security" guard is going to insist that they park it outside? I saw the new NGV Mercedes line the other day and I can assure you no one who buys one of those is going to park outside and no one is going to make them either.. Look at how the young security guard doing his job at Swampy was treated by that pretentious twit of an official that came through when he was searched and I dare say he carried a bit more authority to search then the average parking attendant..

AIRPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWAMPY!!!! They had better know!!!! Don't be silly!! Even IF they had never seen a hundred or more on the cars here in Thailand already, their training had better be at least that minimal....

Still IMO that would not prevent me from installing a system, actually rather I'd buy a car with one already installed that's how you get your benefit of owning it from day one..

I'd venture a wager that on a daily basis there are literally dozens of LP or Ngv cars that are parked in those garages with no one knowing or caring.. Only Lp is heavier then air BTW NGV is lighter but in both cases do you honestly think that the owner of a new high end NGV car is going to tolerate parking outside and any "security" guard is going to insist that they park it outside? I saw the new NGV Mercedes line the other day and I can assure you no one who buys one of those is going to park outside and no one is going to make them either.. Look at how the young security guard doing his job at Swampy was treated by that pretentious twit of an official that came through when he was searched and I dare say he carried a bit more authority to search then the average parking attendant..

warp you are in the phuket forum now, no swampy here, just some property owners who do not allow LPG bombs in their underground garages

and no CNG here either

been working with LPG for a decade, and wouldnt want it in my basement either. great above ground tho. BTW my garage floor is lowerd 10cm/4 inches from the ground floor. LPG safety

airport security, sometimes I bring my Glock when flying, sometimes its discovered by security staff, sometimes not, anyhow it has to be checked in at special luggage befoe I enter plane

warp you are in the phuket forum now, no swampy here, just some property owners who do not allow LPG bombs in their underground garages

and no CNG here either

been working with LPG for a decade, and wouldnt want it in my basement either. great above ground tho. BTW my garage floor is lowerd 10cm/4 inches from the ground floor. LPG safety

airport security, sometimes I bring my Glock when flying, sometimes its discovered by security staff, sometimes not, anyhow it has to be checked in at special luggage befoe I enter plane

How does your "Glock" have one Iota to do with PARKING lot security?? Still applies, you're just being dramatic.. Most LPG installs are below ground for safety reasons and not above ground in the first place in the real world..Chances of more people being hurt or injured by shrapnel above ground is far worse then below ground and the buildings are engineered to withstand a much larger explosion then one 45k lpg tank contained in a car on the off chance it MIGHT explode which is quite rare I might add as it's not so easy for it to happen..

Even a large propane transport truck that was up ended the other day with a major leak didn't explode (thank goodness considering the casual reaction under-reaction of the emergency services) but still it doesn't blow up as easily as some think..

When you say "outside", does the engine compartment count? What about the trunk? I think when the taxi pulled into the gas station, he opened his hood and the attendant did his thing and you could hear the tank filling up (car/meter was shut off)

I was thinking to myself "was this normal?" but since the meter was off, and we were not being charged for it, i figured why not. I will think twice about waiting in the car though.

filler cap next to a 250 Centigrade turbo and exhaust manifold seems very dangerous, but as leaks can escape thrugh and open bottom end angine bay, it is accepted in TH

filler cap in trunk is suicidal, LPG is more heavy than air so where to escape? Just like filling petrol with its fumes, filling LPG always has a slight leak. It neds to escape downwards, It cant in a trunk

Its usually intalled in rear bumper, and its disconnected from tank when filling is not going on, so a rear impact damaging filler cap and hose wont affect LPG system

Most cars today have their fuel tank installed in front of rear axle. To avoid it blow up from rearending. Some install LPG tank behind rear axle, which is a designe I would not drive around with

You 2 can argue all day long,but the point is SAFETY..if you have seen some of the accident videos, pix etc,you can understand some of the reasons behind these warnings...but as i said before...TIT..

Both LPG and NPG are lethal if not installed corectly..END

You 2 can argue all day long,but the point is SAFETY..if you have seen some of the accident videos, pix etc,you can understand some of the reasons behind these warnings...but as i said before...TIT..

and safety is the reason I bother to post here. TH installers are not very concerned about safety in the installation, thus I have bothered to post my advice

Have you actually read the thread? No one is arguing the safety stand point where installation is concerned. I haven't argued one point Kata has made on that regard as I agree with him..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Have you actually read the thread? No one is arguing the safety stand point where installation is concerned. I haven't argued one point Kata has made on that regard as I agree with him..

I am not arguing with you or any one,i am stating.. FACTS..your opnion,is yours and i have read it..if you are interested PM me and i will send you a link and you can sse for yourself.

. not sure if you were just joking. Is there any special permits required to transport firearm under the plane? how did you aquire the glock?

. not sure if you were just joking. Is there any special permits required to transport firearm under the plane? how did you aquire the glock?

off topic, but search firearmas or guns or glock and old topics should come up

to bring firearm on airplane, ordinary TH gun lisence is required, and this beachbum never jokesgiggle.gif