Pattaya - View Talay Six

mudpuppy

Hello all...

I will be traveling to Pattaya with a friend in May and we're thinking about staying at View Talay Six.

Is anyone on this forum familiar with the building?

If so...

• What shops/services are located in the building (restaurants/laundry/etc...)?
  • How is security in the building?
  • How long of a walk to Walking Street?
  • Any other information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks...

Fantastic place to stay IMHO - best condo I've rented in Pattaya and wish I was still there now.

Laundries in the basement are good, restaurants aren't much cop. Very nice pool that was always empty when I stayed there.

Try and avoid the North side of the building as the views are crap. South or West are the best sides and give a lovely view over the bay from the balcony.

Security is pretty lax, but wasn't an issue when I stayed there.

Simon

I agree with Londoedan.

Rented in VT6 in November 2011.

3 laundry shops downstairs but only 1 coffeeshop open. They deliver to the rooms.

There is also 1 Indian restaurant in the building but never saw 1 customer inside.

Also 1 small supermarket (comparable to 7/11).

Plenty of parking space under the building.

Very large swimming pool but only 160 cm deep.

Central Festival nextdoor with supermarket in the basement (I think it's a Tops Supermarket) and rather farang oriented.

If you rent on the North side below floor 16, you will have the carpark of the mall right in front of your room. In the front, the Hilton comes even higher. Check the view before you rent.

The South side has the sun but a very nice view.

Security is lax, never stopping a farang. Don't know about unaccompanied Thais.

There are CCTV cameras and I even saw the guards patrolling the building at night.

Hey,

Staying here now, also stayed 6 months last season, so know the building well.

It's all abt location, so if you are not a location freak like me I would look elsewhere.

Some things to take into consideration : noice, depending on where in the buliding you

stay, but noice from traffic, construction work, ventilation, aircons, music and so on 24/7

Almost 1100 units here so always something going on

Also just 3 elevators

Some rental units very nice, but I've seen some really crapy ones too

As mentioned, security very lax anyone can just walk in/out as they please.

Distance to WS 1100 meters

Shops and restaurants is close all around

Have a look around 2nd road/soi 15 many new buildings, cheaper and close

to everything too

Good luck

Checkout Dancewatchers.com they have very fine accomadations and service in View Talay 6.

It depends what kind of neighbours you want, if you check out dancewatchers you will get a good idea of the kind of people staying there. Some of the rooms seem nice but it all depends on what you want out of it, if you want something longer term I wouldn't bother, but if it is a short holiday break it might be OK. I was immediately put off by being packed into elevators with some real near naked horror shows "fresh" from the beach in their budgie smugglers, eugh.

There are a couple of massage parlors as well that are legit as far as I know. The location is the best in Pattaya probably, you can hop a baht bus from second road or use your keycard and take the private entrance/exit to get a baht bus on beach road right to walking street. It was always quiet when I stayed there, barely saw or heard anyone. If it is full of Russians now that has probably changed. The security guard was sleeping most of the time and when he wasn't he was friendly enough in an expecting a tip for something kind of way.

This building is about the most central in town, and adjacent to Central Festival food court. The building has 3 lifts and a separate service lift from the car park up. Friends of mine that have used Dancewatchers have been happy and rebooked, they also offer a daily cleaning service.