Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

Second time im tryin to eat in this place. I came by around 9 pm each time and it was open but completely empty. I hate empty places so both times i passed.

Million posts on thaivisa equal zero people?

Come eat there tonight, the Frugal Freddy Group is dining there tonight, should have 15-20 of us there between 6 & 7pm. We had 21 of us last night at Le CapBreton (French)

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second time im tryin to eat in this place. I came by around 9 pm each time and it was open but completely empty. I hate empty places so both times i passed.

Million posts on thaivisa equal zero people?

Come eat there tonight, the Frugal Freddy Group is dining there tonight, should have 15-20 of us there between 6 & 7pm. We had 21 of us last night at Le CapBreton (French)

Thanks for the update.. I know where I won't be eating tonight wink.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MY KITCHEN 'PAO' WILL CLOSE ON 28/8 until further notice.

@THANKYOU FOR YOUR SUPPORTED@

Tonight's the last night. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Tonight is Monday.. aren't they closed on Monday's?

MY KITCHEN 'PAO' WILL CLOSE ON 28/8 until further notice.

@THANKYOU FOR YOUR SUPPORTED@

Tonight's the last night. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Tonight is Monday.. aren't they closed on Monday's?

That is correct.

Well certainly they didn't choose Monday to be the last night since they are closed on Mondays. Can we assume that Tuesday is the last night for Pao?

Well certainly they didn't choose Monday to be the last night since they are closed on Mondays. Can we assume that Tuesday is the last night for Pao?

No we can't assume that. Pao is closed tonight and you can take that to the dumpling bank. Rumor is that the "Golden One" may come out of retirement to announce the grand reopening date, but don't quote me on that! Edited by Jingthing

No we can't assume that. Pao is closed tonight and you can take that to the dumpling bank. Rumor is that the "Golden One" may come out of retirement to announce the grand reopening date, but don't quote me on that!

Ok.. well it looks like the last post from Duff is that PAO is closing 28th until further notice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully he will open again for the high season, I hope until further notice doesn't mean forever?

Reopening 9/30.

I know that is what the SIGN says. But I rather seriously doubt that the place is actually opening tomorrow Oct 2. They are normally closed Mondays. Probably best to wait for a post from the owner and/or someone who actually SEES that they are open again.

Hopefully he will open again for the high season, I hope until further notice doesn't mean forever?

Reopening 9/30.

I know that is what the SIGN says. But I rather seriously doubt that the place is actually opening tomorrow Oct 2. They are normally closed Mondays. Probably best to wait for a post from the owner and/or someone who actually SEES that they are open again.

Waiting anxiously. I miss his noodles and ribs.

I was there about seven weeks ago and they had closed the restaurant for one month .

So then two weeks ago I turned up at the door to find that sign saying they were away for another month?

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is an extraordinary way to run a restaurant business?

Edited by Asiantravel

I was there about seven weeks ago and they had closed the restaurant for one month .

So then two weeks ago I turned up at the door to find that sign saying they were away for another month?

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is an extraordinary way to run a restaurant business?

Seems more like a hobby than a business. Either way I enjoy the food when they chose to open and serve it.

Reopening 9/30.

I also doubt its going to re-open Sep 30 / Oct 2nd / 1st week of Oct as its the Autumn Festival and anything remotely Chinese will be shutdown for 7-8 days.

Shame, as I am dying to try this place - authentic Chinese cuisine in Pattaya: our cup runneth over.

Passed by at 5:43 pm yesterday, double parked in front for a while, and there were no signs of activity in the place.

They normally would not be there at that time, even if opening.

But the point is they haven't even taken the sign down saying they will be back on the 30th

sad.png

what I've learnt from this is if they do come back I'm going get their phone number and I'm always going to phone before going there from now on! Looking back at the beginning of this thread this pattern of closing for long periods has been happening from the beginning and you can no longer rely on just turning up

I have his number. I'll shoot him a text and ask when they will be open again.

It should be interesting to see the response you receive.

My theory is they have gone to look for a new location not just in Pattaya but even in a different country. I may be wrong and indeed I hope I'm wrong but when I was there there were never more than two other tables occupied and because of that he had time to engage in conversation with me.

Anyone else that chated with him will know they were not particularly impressed with Pattaya.

He expressed his disappointment that the customers who did like it there didn't come more often and it was clear that he was certainly not enamoured with the location in terms of getting passing customers.

I just believe even though there are a few loyal supporters like us posting in this thread there were simply were not enough to sustain his business.

I don't agree about the hobby versus business either because anyone with those sorts of

culinary talents wouldn't be wasting them as a hobby.

Edited by Asiantravel