Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the owner wasn't impressed with Pattaya ???

Well I have a different perspective on that, he should re-address his understanding of how it works, to be a success in business you need to impress the customer, the single biggest failing for any business here in Pattaya has got to be price, I have walked into many new places and looked at the menu and walked straight back out again never to return, I refuse to pay up to 200baht for a spoonful of rice and a few bits of chicken in a sauce, I don't care what anyone says - if the prices are wrong it will fail, then following on from that you have the other requirements, quality - service - location etc etc

I am not a cheap charlie and could eat where I want at any price but I refuse to spend my hard earned cash in any type of business that is clearly making huge profit magins at my expense, seen them open and close down all over the city because they either haven't a clue or are just clearly trying to RIP people off, one thing they fail to realise is - Pattaya will not make you rich and get greedy by over pricing - it might work in walking street were there is heavy tourist traffic but even there I see the strain with gogo bars doing happy hours and draft beers at 60baht, price fixing in that area is a huge problem.

Good point that rip off pricing turns off many people, especially expats, but really PAO's prices are considered by most people who have eaten there reasonable for the quality they offer (when open). I think the general rule in the industry is that food costs are supposed to be roughly 1/3 the menu price. They've got overhead and hoped for profit after all!

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that they close defintively, so I will quit expecting to eat there and then see that they are closed.

Never seen axxholes as these people (about their business) MY WHOLE LIFE !!!

Edited by Fgis

I wish that they close defintively, so I will quit expecting to eat there and then see that they are closed.

Never seen axxholes as these people (about their business) MY WHOLE LIFE !!!

I said that from day 1 when I saw folks complaining of the inconsistent hours. If they don't stick to a schedule then they will never survive. I stopped going there so much due to the limited hours and hit/miss schedule. Many times when I would have planned to go there I said nope and made other plans. I hate being disappointed and making plans to go to Pao can easily be turned into a disappointment.

Well, it's the owner's business of any business when they choose to be open or not be open.

While I would agree that the schedule of Pao has been rather extremely eccentric, it seems to me whether it is going to be financially viable or not (or worth their energy for whatever their motivations for running it are) for the owners is really their concern, not the public's concern. Sure, I understand people would be curious about what's happening, but I don't think throwing hostile bile at the owners is deserved.

They are not providing a utility like electricity or internet service where they would NEED to be serving the public all the time.

Supposing it or any restaurant really was a "hobby" restaurant and was rarely open but you liked their food and found their prices fair? So what? Why not go when they would be open and find something else to eat when they are not?

Anyway, you know they are closed now if you are reading this. So don't go now. Presumably when they open again, it will be posted here and then you can enjoy it or not during their stated hours.

Edited by Jingthing

No one throwing bile at the owners just opinion that to be successful you must be open. Or at least keep a proper schedule. I can't speak for everyone but if I turn up to a restaurant hungry and they are closed, it will be while before I go back. Do you really want to alienate your potential customers?

As you said, it's business to run however they want. I see them running it as a hobby and not an actual business. I don't care either way. When I drive by and they are open and I'm hungry I'll be happy to stop by for a meal. I enjoy their food. I'm upset I can't have it when I want it. That won't stop me from going back.

• 1 month later...

So does anyone know for sure: is it curtains for the local dumplings and noodle palace? w00t.gif

Nobody else seems to care JT.

That stings.

And yet some people must....the thread has had almost 12,000 views

Could be 11,000 of those are from me though. OMG, noodles, bring me noodles!

So does anyone know for sure: is it curtains for the local dumplings and noodle palace? w00t.gif

Nobody else seems to care JT.

That stings.

Jing, do you not think it's time you had your own food sub-forum within the Pattaya forum. While I may have no particular interest in the abundance of different choices of food available in town I can see that your in depth reviews can be helpful to many and perhaps even more useful if they were all gathered together in one place. I might even have a look myself on occasion but to try and find a place of interest just browsing through the Pattaya forum would be nigh on impossible.

+1 to a food sub forum in the Pattaya section. It certainly make it much easier to locate all these great reviews, recommendations, and suggestions that are given by many, including JT.

Personally, I have enjoyed more meals due to JT than any other single person on TVF.

Guys, I spent ages searching for this place it is directly opposite the Football Stadium and Japanese restaurant. (my fault cause I didn't read the original date of this post)

so I didn't know this is such an old post I wish I had seen it back in Feb and had gone when it was open.

I did find the closed building, and took some photos, looks like its been closed for a while. it looks like they just closed doors and went away leaving everything still there as it was the last day it was running..

Has anyone tried the Japanese restaurant at the football stadium?

post-36578-0-56050200-1355394261_thumb.j

post-36578-0-86465600-1355394284_thumb.j

post-36578-0-24340400-1355394295_thumb.j

post-36578-0-84163400-1355394310_thumb.j