Facebook Partly The Cause Of Unwanted Thai Teen Pregnancies: NESDB

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>54.1% died? Really?? What % represent abortions? What % other causes? unsure.png

That would rate childbirth in Thailand as dangerous as the UK in the Dark Ages. Not really. In fact that figure is so far wrong as to indicate that the species cannot survive.

I think it's a translation issue - they're not counting births but pregnancies as opposed to healthy infants.

Safe abortions are in fact easy and cheap to get at least in Bangkok, in fact almost legal.

However not only the "religious right" but AFAICT most Thais still view it as a dangerous moral crime in addition to it being against the law.

I would have thought it would be rather difficult to have sex while chattiing etc on facebook. (Very hard to type). As far as I know the only natural way to get pregnant is to have intercourse or at least touch naughty bits & fluids.

Think a better excuse is needed. giggle.gif

I know a couple who are trying for children, they've given up on conventional intercourse, IUI and IVF treatments... they're facebooking each other all day long now... but still no luck.

Does this facebook malarkey only get teenagers pregnant, those who don't want to get pregnant or does it only work on a combination of both? what about those teenagers who do want to get pregnant, does facebook only cause unwanted pregnancy?

Thailand is in a transition from a patriarchal context to a society where people become self-aware. Unfortunately those high up there in the administration cannot avoid the patriarchal tendency of perceiving the population as "innocent" and as "victims of foreign systems".

People who are in positions of responsibility should be more imaginative and avoid lapsing into obsolete speech.

Totally agree with you.

Imaginative? Creative? When was the last time you saw an expression of that, in the LOS? When? Thailand has many wonderful qualities. But imagination, and creativity are not amongst them. Anywhere. Ever.

Facebook or anything else unwholesome will never get banned here purely for the fact that, if it was, it'd be one step closer to putting the blame on the real culprit, the people, and that will never happen. The government needs things to blame for the societal situation after all, that is not themselves, and usually avoids the main issue or cause entirely and spouts rubbish articles like this.

Edited by ianwuk

Thailand is in a transition from a patriarchal context to a society where people become self-aware. Unfortunately those high up there in the administration cannot avoid the patriarchal tendency of perceiving the population as "innocent" and as "victims of foreign systems".

People who are in positions of responsibility should be more imaginative and avoid lapsing into obsolete speech.

Totally agree with you.

Imaginative? Creative? When was the last time you saw an expression of that, in the LOS? When? Thailand has many wonderful qualities. But imagination, and creativity are not amongst them. Anywhere. Ever.

Oh they are!

Making up excuses out of thin air or plainly lieing- very imaginative and creative!

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

• 2 months later...

Just another nationalistic rant, by a man with the emotional, and intellectual development of a 13 year old. Blame it on foreigners. Thailand has been doing this for the better part of the last 50 years. It is a bit naive, at best. Let us not take any responsibility for the deterioration of moral values in the Kingdom. Let us blame it on outside factors. Hopefully, many will be able to see past this nonsense.

Just another nationalistic rant, by a man with the emotional, and intellectual development of a 13 year old. Blame it on foreigners. Thailand has been doing this for the better part of the last 50 years. It is a bit naive, at best. Let us not take any responsibility for the deterioration of moral values in the Kingdom. Let us blame it on outside factors. Hopefully, many will be able to see past this nonsense.

pregnant from cybersex, are the guys emailing thier sperm?

so lets blame facebook for our kids getting pregnant

also our kids have account's with HI5 thai love links,badoo,twitter,youtube to mention a few so why not just ban internet in thailand and stop the blame

BAN THE INTERNET !!!!!!!! What are you thinking? If they did that I'd ... I'd ....I'd... Well I don't know what I'd do.

I think we are lucky that they have not declared that Facebook is a farang website, so therefore all the teen pregnancies are the fault of Farangs and justifiably get the cops to spot search us all to see if we are carrying condoms; if so, a fine for having sex with a teenager; if not, a fine for getting a teen up the duff. Thats Thai logic I believe?

• Like 1

If Facebook is "Partly" The Cause of Unwanted Thai Teen Pregnancies according to NESDB, what are the other contributing factors besides Raging of Hormons or is Hormoans. giggle.giftongue.pngsmile.pngbiggrin.pngermm.gif

To be honest I think that 100% of the cause of unwanted teenage pregnancies is the penis,

• Like 1

NESDB "Warning" to all Thai Teenagers, please use sex protection when using Facebook! However, Masturbating is an acceptable substitute, but only in designated areas. tongue.pngermm.gif

And use of alcohol is restricted to certain hours.

NESDB "Warning" to all Thai Teenagers, please use sex protection when using Facebook! However, Masturbating is an acceptable substitute, but only in designated areas. tongue.pngermm.gif

Just make sure it doesn't run out of hand.

And use of alcohol is restricted to certain hours.

And remember kids, only use your government provided tabletPC!

ICT Minister Anudith Nakornthap has said that there was no need for parents to worry about misuse because the tablet computers contained Global Positioning System (GPS) to trace users’ contents and their whereabouts. smile.png

Edited by rubl