Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

I can't believe these "what about the smell?" posts.

A corpse will cease to "smell" after about a month in this climate. Once it has dessicated/decomposed there will only be a "smell" if you get up close to it.

About a year ago there was a stench around my house so foul that when the wind blew I thought I would gag and vomit. When we walked out the front door the smell was unimaginable. The neighbor across the street even came over one day asking if we knew where that smell was coming from as it was too much for them. We looked all over our yard, theirs, and at the house next-door which was vacant at the time but couldn't find anything. About a week later I was on the upstairs balcony one day and looked down and there it was; a huge Tokay had died and fell onto the top of the metal overhang above the carport. Not only was the smell unbelievable but the rotting corpse took off the paint, corroded the metal, and today you can look up at the metal overhang and see the sun through the tiny little holes exactly where the Tokay was.

So again, if a human corpse was rotting in a plastic trash bin in a bathroom, the smell would even be noticeable by the neighbors I think, let alone the visitors to this guy's home, some of whom have stated on this forum that they were in his house and smelled nothing. And then, the decaying corpse would rot right through the plastic bottom of the bin - especially with the acid they mentioned in the OP.

The chance that bin was in there for 2 years with a corpse inside, I think, is not possible.

How much do you want to bet that the coroner will not be able to confirm if the bones are those of the woman??? Something stinks and in this case I don't think it's the corpse!

Elektrified, I have had a similar experience with a small mouse that died in the roof space above the electrical cabinet.

The smell was unbearable. I had to cut a hole in the roof to get to the little bugger.

I just can't believe that a body in a wheelie bin, in a locked basement would not give off the worst smell possible, especially with the heat and moisture.

With 2 years to lie awake at night and think of ways to dispose of a body, I can't believe he did nothing about it.

So, he was either really stupid and lazy with bad sinuses...or the wheelie bin was not there long.

Nope it was saved just for this special occasion in someone else's downstairs bathroom :rolleyes: ... Much more sensible then him actually CONFESSING to the crime and the body storage..

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phuket Police probe land titles as Norwegian Dokset’s motive for murder

Phuket Gazette –

phuket-1-12460bhJQXVcaNxOblQMkSKYfAYVsUG.jpg

Phuket expat murder suspect Stein Dokset from Norway being led away by Chalong Tourist Police Volunteer Garry Halpin. Dokset today denied to carry out the re-enactment in front of the main press, instead allowing only one reporter to photograph the staged sequences. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

phuket-4-12460QdfcGIyMyGvJKitpAceqppCxAc.jpg

The houses that Phuket expat murder suspect Stein Dokset collect rent from were owned by his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong, says Chalong Police Acting Superintendent Sirisak Warasiri. Photo: Nopparat Nambunyen

PHUKET: Murder suspect Stein Havard Dokset today re-enacted his actions from nearly three years ago to show Phuket police the sequence of events that led to the death of Rungnapa Suktong.

Arrested on Tuesday after a police raid discovered decaying human remains in a plastic trash can his basement bathroom, Mr Dokset today denied all but one member of the press to enter his luxury home in Kata.

Chalong Police Acting Superintendent Sirisak Warasiri told the Phuket Gazette, “The suspect confessed that he killed her by accident.”

However, Col Sirisak added that Mr Dokset had been charged with murder.

“He has also been charged with concealing the body and illegal possession of a firearm,” he said.

Col Sirisak believes that Mr Dokset acted alone.

“According to his confession, I think he did all this alone. He is big and Rungnapa was little more than 150 centimeters tall,” he said.

Investigating possible motives for the murder charge, Col Sirisak said he had seen Chanote titles [full land ownership deeds] for several properties that Mr Dokset collected rent from as income.

“He said he sold his properties in Norway to invest with Rungnapa. The house she was killed in and the other properties are registered in her name,” Col Sirisak explained.

Police had yet to confirm the title deeds as genuine as registered with the Phuket Land Office, he added.

Police will continue to gather evidence to present in court, Col Sirisak said.

“But the length of time since Mrs Rungnapa’s death is making it difficult. There are no witnesses and it happened almost three years ago,” he said.

“Also, we are waiting for the report from the Institute of Forensic Medicine at Police General Hospital in Bangkok on their tests of the remains. The tests might shed some light on whether she fell down stairs or was murdered,” he said.

“Normally it takes a month for an official report to be returned,” Col Sirisak added.

Col Sirisak recently took up the position of Chalong Police chief after former superintendent Col Krittapad Dej-intorrasorn was transferred to Region 8 headquarters in Surat Thani.

“I am here on an initial posting for 90 days. We should know by the end of this month whether I will go or stay,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2012/article12461.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-03-01

Is there no one on this forum that knows him personally or have met him, who can give us some idea as to what he is like? Like I mentioned earlier, he comes across generally as a decent chap in his posts over at the motoring forum, if at times a bit overbearing and perhaps arrogant. But that hardly means he's psycho.

Obviously no there isn't, they may know the person they think they did but that has never been a full measure of reality in most cases has it? There's literally thousands of people who have said after a mass murder or family massacre or whatever that invariably says "I knew the person for ages and I never suspected they were capable of such abhorrent behavior" ...

Is there no one on this forum that knows him personally or have met him, who can give us some idea as to what he is like? Like I mentioned earlier, he comes across generally as a decent chap in his posts over at the motoring forum, if at times a bit overbearing and perhaps arrogant. But that hardly means he's psycho.

When I met him he came across as a decent chap but based on this website http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html which gives all the qualities of a sociopath one can never know. Not saying KBB is one but many of the descriptives being bandied about on this forum are all on that website. A classic example is the Zodiac killer who for years lived a normal family life while conducting his killing spree. As in the Fannelli case perhaps they will send him for psychiatric evaluation.

Yes or how about BTK the list is endless...

The houses that Phuket expat murder suspect Stein Dokset collect rent from were owned by his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong, says Chalong Police Acting Superintendent Sirisak Warasiri.

Imagine his fear if she would be angry with him and suddenly come to his house and announce that she wanted to sell everything and was going to keep most of the money...

• Like 2

His fellow Big Bike Highway Police volunteers are really quite, theyusually have alot to say.

I would love to hear what they have to say.

Cough...ScubaBuddha.

Im always ridiculed for my criticism of voluntary highway police and the tourist cops. They have no back ground checks and their motives are suspicious.....Told you so!

In many western countries the police are known to have committed domestic violence and murder on their spouse. Has any Thai policeman ever been even charged with domestic violence let alone murder of a spouse?

Ah actually yes...a Norweigan born 'Royal Thai Police Volunteer Squadron Officer' whos name appears in this forum has been charged with murder...it appears the Rak Sam Sao includes 2 Thai police, one from Norway and one from Thailand

There is no evidence against this guy.

Eh ???? Earth calling poach, earth calling poach

Only if you believe the BIB.

The husband is always the prime suspect when any wife goes missing, and this guy didn't even report her missing for over a year. What cop or even a cop husband does that? Unless they are guilty.

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/43774/husband-prime-suspect-in-wife" href="http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/43774/husband-prime-suspect-in-wife" s-murder-at-family-business-in-east-pattaya="" '="" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">http://www.pattayaon...n-east-pattaya/

Ah yeah mate...which policeman? the Origional Thai cop hubby or the Norsky tourist police hubby?

I admit I'm relishing a bit in his downfall...

Forum understatement of the decade!!!

Why not? Seldom in life do you get the chance at sweet retribution and justification. There's no history of G/F or wife deaths in my closet (or bathroom either) and I've never had the audacity to lord over others while knowing that I did either.. But you could be dam_n certain I'd be lambasted far worse if it did apply to me though no one has ever needed an excuse so serious anyways.. That's obvious based on the opposing posts so far... violin.gifThe really pathetic and disgusting part here is people still overlooking this poor girls death in order to take low blows and unwarranted pot shots at me whilst still coming to his defense not someone like me holding his murderous tendencies against him..

I admit I'm relishing a bit in his downfall...

5555555 - Forum understatement of the decade!!! - 55555555

Let's not forget that a woman is dead, and some children no longer have a mother. This is nothing to celebrate.

Very poignant and sensible words.... It appears that has definitely been forgotten in favor of more one sided lambasting by some steadfast and in denial "chums"..

Edited by WarpSpeed

One possible theory is she left her husband as he could not keep her at the level she was accustomed to with a foreigner with swimming pools and was going to go back to him. The husband lost face and killed her and blamed the foreigner for her wanting to leave and therefore framed him. He then got his buddies in the police force to threaten him with an alternative far worse than confessing if he didnt. Perhaps sticking him in some rubber tires and setting them alight for example.

This is of course just a hypothetical scenario and in no way what I believe may have happened.

Honest guv.

Buuutt he was a tough guy who was a big bike volunteer and legally owned a Glock he shouldn't have been in any concern or fear... There should have been some BiB buddies on the other side from his big bike troop who he could turn too to give him aid too couldn't there? OR maybe he was just too hot to defend once he confessed?? After all a confession is an admission of guilt equal to a plea of guilty in court..

I remember he had a giant Rotweiler too...he used to go down Bangla road with his dog and his Glock, One man against the odds......You can be anything you want in Thailand.....even Dirty Harry

Edited by snamos

I must admit, I am in some form of shock over all this. I didn't know the man at all but I'm sure like a lot of the members or readers here, felt I knew a little about him due to his frequent postings. How wrong I was!

Everyone has a good side as well and I do hope some members remember some of the advice he gave them to help. Forget about the 160 kmh cruising speed, the braking distances of various vehicles, the same photos of his truck, his arrogance in some peoples view or his Moderator role etc, and remember that he did help lots of members on this forum over a number of years. I for one, shall miss his comments.

Well said. I too will definitely miss his posts.

There's way too many people playing judge and jury here. The man has been only been charged, not sentenced - let the legal system run its course and reveal the facts..

On a lighter note, I wonder if Isuzu sales will rise in his absence? wink.png

The judge and jury moniker doesn't apply people, HE CONFESSED! That's not jumping to conclusions or speculating about his guilt or innocence it's going on his own words.. How many more times does that have to be unequivocally stated?

• Like 1

Obviously no there isn't, they may know the person they think they did but that has never been a full measure of reality in most cases has it? There's literally thousands of people who have said after a mass murder or family massacre or whatever that invariably says "I knew the person for ages and I never suspected they were capable of such abhorrent behavior" ...

Duh....most wealthy farangs I know here keep land titles in a company name.

Edited by elektrified

I agree with your 1st statement.

I am very skeptical a thourough forensic investigation will be done and if it is done, the actual results and any evidence that does not 'suit' the local plod will be 'ignored'.

Regarding your last statement, it is also true. However, I am quite frankly disgusted and amazed at some of the comments made by people.

He is being accused of being a nutcase, retarded, psycho etc. Just from how he came across posting on TV.

Seems to me he is not the only nutcase, retard, psycho, complusive liar or whatever, here.

Human remains and a confession are not enough evidence for you?

Let's all wait for the lie detector test on Oprah....

There are some TV members for whom that will never be enough. A confession will obviously mean that he was tortured in their view. Human remains in his house will obviously be planted..

It's a never ending cycle of 'they're out to get us' paranoia.

Right, so people believe that this story has no holes? Really? Do you really believe that what has been reported in the press which is available to TV is all there is to it? I agreed with some one who said that this story is full of holes. Look at the OP. No holes? And my intelligence is being questioned?

I never said that he did not kill his ex-gf. For all I know he might have. How is it that all the P.I.s on this forum seem to have all the evidence in hand and are 100% sure that he killed the ex-gf, even when it has not even been established that it is her body decomposing it that bin.

They are sure he is a killer because he is sometimes arrogant and could be an unpleasant person? On a forum. Seriously?

In fact some people here, seem to be HAPPY that he is in the can, just because he is knowledgeable about cars and has money. Gleeful almost. Not to mention he DARED to correct and warn some one who was talking BS.

How messed up is that? It is the pot calling the kettle black. People who themselves brag about how much experience they have with racing and know what the smart thing is to do in car racing in Thailand. People who think they can pop down to the only race car manufacturer in Thailand and demand a test ride in a car and not want to pay for it. And when denied, then turn around and call the owner of that factory an arrogant asshol_e. I know the owner of that factory. He told me his side of the story.

And then ranting on about his post are scientific? GTFO! You know who you are.

And in IMO I think it would be a good idea that those who know him, have met him, whatever, pop down to the cop shop and see if they can visit him and see what he says.

All we have sofar is what what was quoted in the "paper".

I'd say that the decent thing to do is for the guy who first let the cat out the bag that the accused is KBB and knows him, go and visit him. CroBiker, I believe.

What part of "HE CONFESSED" is not in the understandable English language?? It has NOTHING to do with his persona on a forum, that is just a deflecting and redirection tactic of a few of his "chums" it just reinforces the perception and information put forth so far regarding the case..

JFYI the twisting of the OP report is pitiful... No one here accused him of anything!! He CONFESSED to the police and the media followed through the reported accusations so no one here owes him a farking thing...

I concur, the story IS full of holes but not in the way you and others are insinuating as the holes can be read in more then one directional context.. Like the accidental "pushing" her downstairs part..

• Like 1

How is it that all the P.I.s on this forum seem to have all the evidence in hand and are 100% sure that he killed the ex-gf, even when it has not even been established that it is her body decomposing it that bin.

Maybe because he admitted it and went through a reconstruction of what he did?

Do you think the remains belong to someone else?

Potentially more unsettling thought eh??

Edited by WarpSpeed

How is it that all the P.I.s on this forum seem to have all the evidence in hand and are 100% sure that he killed the ex-gf, even when it has not even been established that it is her body decomposing it that bin.

Well, that is/was new to me. What I meant to say is that people were convinced before this came to light.

If he did it, he did it, fine.

No they weren't, the OP clearly states he CONFESSED...

• Like 1

Potentially more unsettling thought eh??

The remains have been proven as human, so if they aren't hers, then they are someone's, and they were in his house.

However, he has confessed that he killed her and committed the grisly act of storing her away in a trash can for almost 3 years. When he re-enacted the crime he probably providing a lot of the corroborating details that have been withheld / missing from this story which would further convince the police.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

Edited by bino
  • Like 1

Can the Phuket Gazette ever get its facts straight?

First he was a car dealer and now he is a doctor.

It takes more than two years of study to become a doctor. If I can figure that out, why can't a professional reporter?

Rather minor in the context isn't though? Now he's a financial scammer too?? Holy!!!! I'm nearly speechless it's so typical I hope those who have been defending him to this point and referring to him as their "chum" realize that he may have been warming them up for the slaughter too if not literally then possibly financially that's how they work..

This recent revelation is not related to any Thai's either, I'm guessing crow is a very bitter and disgusting dish right about now..

• Like 1

Had the Norwegian been the type of person to murder her, her would have done it in the 9 years they were a couple.

Really? Some strange logic. Crimes of passion usually occur after breakups regardless as to how long couples have been together. Who knows what went down that last day. Guilty people eventually get caught because of stupidity. If dude was tortured, perhaps he would tell someone including attorney, judge or reporter on a report date. Again, just assuming he was tortured for no other reason than the assumption itself based on very little information and facts is not extremely logical either. The problem is poorly written news articles leave out a litany of details.

Well if he was as some have suggested it belies his so called image as being well ard bad ass doesn't it, giving it up after less then 24 hours go..

makes no sense that he admitted though. Why would he admit to murder when thai investigators are lazy and horrible and would never be able to prove it was him? He'd be stuck in detention for a year tops and released for lack of evidence.

There is something really fishy with all these murders accusation where they admits everything right off the bat. Doesn't happen elsewhere

• Like 1

Just supposition, but, it would be very awkward to have all your properties in the name of someone who had left you. It says that he was trying to get back with her again.

An argument? Wonder if it had anything to do with the properties?

And possibly what damaging info she knows about other business practices...

Edited by WarpSpeed

“We always suspected that she was murdered. We saw blood stains in her car when the bank came to repossess it after no payments were made since she went missing,” she added.

So how does that fit with here decomposing in the bin?

Eh? huh.png He couldn't have moved her lifeless body to the bin? He seems to be strapping enough to handle a 110lb woman to me (weight is speculation on averaging no need to lambaste).

It could also be the case that the blood is merely residue of a fight / other fight. A punch on the nose bleeds a lot but isn't lethal.

Ooops! Someone got my quote out of context here as the first one attributed to me isn't mine, but still I understand your post and agree..

KBB was wealthy with a bunch of properties as he never failed to remind the regular Phuket forum posters. I gather that all the properties were in the murdered woman's name. He can't sell these, or, borrow money against them. I would imagine that they will now belong to Ms Rungnapas children as the next of kin.

Why would the properties be in her name???

ummm i would hazard a guess and say that it might be because Falangs arent allowed to own land in Thailand....just a shot in the dark of course

You're a dam_n good shot!! That's a bulls eye! In the dark no less!!

The houses that Phuket expat murder suspect Stein Dokset collect rent from were owned by his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong, says Chalong Police Acting Superintendent Sirisak Warasiri.

Imagine his fear if she would be angry with him and suddenly come to his house and announce that she wanted to sell everything and was going to keep most of the money...

Easy enough for me to imagine especially if there turns out to be other "Jans" out there somewhere that she knew about too after 9 years..

Pics in Thairath of the Crime re-enactment and confession.

http://www.thairath....t/region/242346

The article says that officials from the Crime Suppression Division were first called to the house by people suspecting something untoward had gone on after noticing a bad smell similar to a decaying body emanating from the property. An initial search of the house revealed a 9mm handgun and bullets along with various items from the deceased such as her handbag, mobile phone and identity card. On searching further they found the remains of her body in a plastic sack in a rubbish bin in the bathroom.

He confessed to the murder saying he lured her over to the house on the pretext of discussing a relationship problem. They got into an argument and he ended up pushing her down the stairs where she hit her head on the floor. He took her pulse but realised she was dead, panicked and hid the body.

Edited by katana