Simple Things To Improve Thailand

farang000999

Remove all Farang that will not accept that they do not make the rules here.

Remove all Farang that believe that everything is perfect in Thailand and nothing should change.

Remove every alternate farang on an arbitrary basis, without reason, cause or justification.

Force people to wear clownfeet.

Encourage more daft ideas.

SC

I think its unfair to remove the farang without giving them a chance to redeem themselves.

Therefore I propose building a Coliseum and forcing them to walk over hot coals while eating an ice cream cone each Songkran would be good for this event. The winners would have to wear the clown shoes afterwards for five years. The losers go home until they have learnt how to juggle at least five Thai girls at once without complaint.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Make honking of the car horn illegal everytime they pass a shine/temple.

2. Make it illegal for all Thai girls under 40 and over 18 to wear underwear.

3. Make it compulsary that all prostitutes and sex workers be female to avoid confusion.

4. Make all working girls carry at least one condom while working.

5. Any man dressed as a woman should be forced to get the first round in.

6. Any man dressed as a woman should complaint in the morning.

7. Theft from tourists should carry a mandatory sentence of 300 years.

8. Hotels should make breakfast free of charge.

9. Proper Danish bacon should be served at breakfast not streaky bacon.

10 All vehicles should drive in the same direction, even mopeds.

Tighten immigration and visa requirements.

Increase the amount of money required in the bank to THB 2.0 million for a retirement visa

I'd be a lot more stringent than that, to be honest. 5 million as a minimum.

There was a post on another thread recently which said someone's retirement strategy was to ensure they had enough to pay their trip back to the UK should things get rough.

Seriously? A retirement strategy built on having 20,000 baht spare cash to pay a one way flight home?

Jeez . .

This would absolutely improve Thailand immeasurably. Or at least reduce the amount of whining/whinging on TV.

Yes to the first point.

No to the second - it would increase the noise from whiney expats who have had to go home because they don't meet the new rules and who - once they have gone home - realise what a wonderful life they had in Thailand, even though they spent all their time here moaning it wasn't like home.

• Like 1

All these good ideas have already been done. It's all taking place in a special trial area.

Clearly marked on any map as "Singapore". You just have to pick yourself up and move there.

Me, I like things just as they are, well really I liked them as they were 20 years ago but as it is now will do.

i like cheap incompetetant tradesman.

I like that I can buy my way out of a ticket with a corrupt cop.

I like that streetfood has almost no safety regulation

I like lax regulation around most things

I like etc..

• Like 2

Increase the amount of money required in the bank to THB 2.0 million for a retirement visa

LOL

I bet that would increase the complaints as people with more money usually expect better services.

If having 2m constitutes people thinking they're rich and deserving of the finer things in life in a foreign country, then god help us all.

A retirement strategy built on having 20,000 baht spare cash to pay a one way flight home?

Certain countries do actually require this eg...if retiring in South Africa, you have to lodge around US$10k with the goverment when your visa is approved for repatriation etc if so required...if you do decide to un-retire and move out the country your money is refunded...personally think its a good policy

LOL

I bet that would increase the complaints as people with more money usually expect better services.

Not at all, the way it is now you have people who are suddenly 'special' and - for the first time in their life - believe they have the right to complain about things they would otherwise never have thought about complaining.

The 'annual vacation to Blackpool' crowd finds cheap airfares and 'sees the world' and thinks they are now something they have always dreamed of being . . . a higher 'class' than the proles

Discusss . . . clap2.gif

• Like 1

Not at all, the way it is now you have people who are suddenly 'special' and - for the first time in their life - believe they have the right to complain about things they would otherwise never have thought about complaining.

The 'annual vacation to Blackpool' crowd finds cheap airfares and 'sees the world' and thinks they are now something they have always dreamed of being . . . a higher 'class' than the proles

Discusss . . . clap2.gif

No need to discuss. Your point is irrefutably correct.

LOL

Discusss . . . clap2.gif

I personally think anyone who has actually taken an annual vacation in Blackpool should have their passports revoked immediately and prohited from international travel for the rest of their lives and make them go on holiday to either Butlins or Pontins.

Edited by Soutpeel

1. Make honking of the car horn illegal everytime they pass a shine/temple.

2. Make it illegal for all Thai girls under 40 and over 18 to wear underwear.

3. Make it compulsary that all prostitutes and sex workers be female to avoid confusion.

4. Make all working girls carry at least one condom while working.

5. Any man dressed as a woman should be forced to get the first round in.

6. Any man dressed as a woman should complaint in the morning.

7. Theft from tourists should carry a mandatory sentence of 300 years.

8. Hotels should make breakfast free of charge.

9. Proper Danish bacon should be served at breakfast not streaky bacon.

10 All vehicles should drive in the same direction, even mopeds.

Did you have a bad experience you'd like to tell us about ? giggle.gif

I'd be a lot more stringent than that, to be honest. 5 million as a minimum.

There was a post on another thread recently which said someone's retirement strategy was to ensure they had enough to pay their trip back to the UK should things get rough.

Seriously? A retirement strategy built on having 20,000 baht spare cash to pay a one way flight home?

Jeez . .

dont knock it mate,your always talking about planning for the future,and having contingence plans,in force.life can make many twists,and turns.

Traditional thai lute music in the gogo bars

Labelling the Thonburi trains (Bangkok Noi)

My advice to you all is to try meditation, and then you might find Thailand a better place

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

SC

A lot of people have posted suggestions which seem negative - mostly based on inhibiting the freedom of others to enjoy themselves in Thailand as they see fit, or to behave as they see fit.

I can see that proving impracticable to implement, but maybe Thailand would LOOK better, if you turned a blind eye.

We should really think hardest about what we can actually do to improve Thailand for ourselves.

To improve Thailand, and this forum in particular, I am abating my banter with blinkered and blethering bigots.

SC

• Like 1

What i would like is for kids to be taught the benefits to maintaining the natural beauty of the country by the use of rubbish bins.

Why not the Adults as well?

Maybe most people are quite content to live in a large rubbish dump. I do my best to keep the area around my home clear of rubbish but it's a losing battle.

About 8 months ago rubbish bins (from recycled tyres, an excellent idea - well done Thailand) were delivered to this village and for the first time, a regular weekly rubbish collection. Mostly, you are never more than 3 metres from a bin, but still the majority just drop their rubbish where they stand.