Us Embassy Outreach In Phuket March 15

sbk

Dear American citizens residing in the Phuket region,

The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok

is pleased to inform you the location for the scheduled consular

outreach visit to Phuket on March 15, 2012.

Consular staff will be available to provide services on:

Thursday, March 15, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, at 29 Soi Karon Nui,

Tambon Karon, Amphur Muang, Phuket, 83100, Thailand. Telephone: 76

370 100

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1848

The following consular services are available during our

outreach visits:

* Notarial Services and Certified Copies ($50.00 or Baht 1,600).

This includes income affidavits for retirees in Thailand.

* Passport renewal applications ($110.00 or Baht 3,520 for adult

passports, and $105 or Baht 3,360 for a child's passport).

* Extra visa pages ($82 or Baht 2,624). Note: we can accept

applications, but the passports will have to be brought back to the

Embassy for final processing the next working day. We will have

prepaid Thailand Post envelopes that you can buy from us (at cost: Baht

75) if you wish us have us mail your passport back to you.

Alternatively, you can pick up your passport at the Embassy. You can

also have a friend pick up your passport at the Embassy by providing the

friend written authorization to present to us.

* Social Security, VA, or other federal benefits questions will be

taken and we will try to provide forms and answers. If we cannot answer

your question at the outreach, we will send you a response later.

* Updated information regarding new Voter Registration/Absentee

Ballot requirements. If you wish to vote from overseas this year, you

need to submit a new Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) this year (and

every succeeding year) even if you have voted absentee in the past.

Please bring exact change!

Consular Reports of Birth cannot be processed during

consular outreach trips.

Appointments are not needed for consular services during

outreach visits. If you have any questions, please email

or call the American Citizen Services Unit at

02-205-4049.

* Extra visa pages ($82 or Baht 2,624). what a rip off!

about this: * Updated information regarding new Voter Registration/Absentee

Ballot requirements. If you wish to vote from overseas this year, you

need to submit a new Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) this year (and

every succeeding year) even if you have voted absentee in the past.

does anyone know, can i get this FPCA thing at this event?

by the way, see from the location of the event the US government is in serious economy mode! NOT. your tax dollars at work (if any of us pay taxes anymore!)

Edited by stevehaigh

used this service twice once in pattaya and in phuket. great to have.

in both places what a total lack of security/concern for american citizens gathering in one place for an extended period of time. none at all. the one was even held outside in the court yard at the hilton. you could drive a vehicle right up to it. they announce these outreaches months ahead of time right up to place, time, and room location. i even addressed a letter to the embassy about this. replied we will pass it on.

in bkk its a fortress to get in and probably shot on the spot if you parked your motorbike outside the embassy.

i am not paranoid nut on terrorism/bombs ect. but i do find this totally out of order. particularly when the us embassy is always telling its citizens to be alert.

just my 2 cents.

in both places what a total lack of security/concern for american citizens gathering in one place for an extended period of time. none at all. the one was even held outside in the court yard at the hilton. you could drive a vehicle right up to it. they announce these outreaches months ahead of time right up to place, time, and room location. i even addressed a letter to the embassy about this. replied we will pass it on.

in bkk its a fortress to get in and probably shot on the spot if you parked your motorbike outside the embassy.

i am not paranoid nut on terrorism/bombs ect. but i do find this totally out of order. particularly when the us embassy is always telling its citizens to be alert.

just my 2 cents.

I didn't see bars providing high levels of security for american citizens attending the superbowl

just my 2 cents.

I didn't see bars providing high levels of security for american citizens attending the superbowl

thats right. you walked right thru the entrance gates with out any security check.

all i am saying is a fortress in bkk. they go anywhere else and make public announcements and provide nothing.

just my 2 cents.

thats right. you walked right thru the entrance gates with out any security check.

all i am saying is a fortress in bkk. they go anywhere else and make public announcements and provide nothing.

Keep complaining and they'll stop coming.

I for one appreciate the work they do coming here and providing a service that keeps me from having to fly to BKK every few years.

They're usually very helpful with any questions I have and now I have to get my son a new passport.

Saves me at least 8,000 baht to do it here.

I for one appreciate the work they do coming here and providing a service that keeps me from having to fly to BKK every few years.

They're usually very helpful with any questions I have and now I have to get my son a new passport.

I agree with you that they provide a very helpful service that I appreciate very much. And it has really improved over the years. I got to know a couple of the guys over the years and they have listened to my suggestions. I asked them why there weren't scheduled visits, now there are. I asked why they could return a passport by EMS mail from the Embassy but not from the outreach. Now they do.

I wish the Australian Embassy would provide the same service.

Can't understand why people complain when they are making an effort to bring the service to you.

I'm sure everything costs the same in Bangkok with the addition of the airfare and hotel room.

• Like 1

just my 2 cents.

my first sentence "used this service twice once in pattaya and in phuket. great to have."

lets see a few weeks ago the US embassy puts out an alert. warning citizens of terror alerts. irainians found by thai police with bombs and bomb making materials. some entering thru phuket. have they all been rounded up? who knows.

now and in the past the US emabssy announces a gathering of americans. time, place and date. a little more needed then just welcome sign to the meridian.

i expect it will be very busy, probably have to hang around most of the day to get anythng done since there are no apointments

It was! I got there at 8:30 AM and it took an hour and a half. They seemed a bit under staffed and they seemed to be new guys, I never saw them before and I go at least once a year.

i expect it will be very busy, probably have to hang around most of the day to get anythng done since there are no apointments

It was! I got there at 8:30 AM and it took an hour and a half. They seemed a bit under staffed and they seemed to be new guys, I never saw them before and I go at least once a year.

bugger, i forgot to go and i wanted to register to vote. does anyone know if i can just do that by mail?

bugger, i forgot to go and i wanted to register to vote. does anyone know if i can just do that by mail?

They gave me a flyer on voting. It says go to www.fvap.gov Or go to the US Embassy website: http://bangkok.usemb...acs/voting.html For questions, email: [email protected] or phone: 02-205-4049

Edited by Jimi007

They gave me a flyer on voting. It says go to www.fvap.gov Or go to the US Embassy website: http://bangkok.usemb...acs/voting.html For questions, email: [email protected] or phone: 02-205-4049

thanks, just did it, very simple actually