Non O To Marriage Visa

Hi All,

When I arrive in Thailand on a Non O multiple entry visa, how do I then change this to a marriage visa, are there any additional benefits to doing this or time restrictions and can this be done at the Immigration office in Ubon Ratchathani.

Any Input would be appreciated.

Regards Lee

There is no marriage visa, you apply for a one year "Extension of Permission to Stay". Advantage is you don't have to do a border run every 90 days. Apply with 30 days remaining on a current permission to stay. Financial requirements are 400,000 in a Thai bank, or proof of 40,000 Baht per month income.

Thanks Beechguy,

I am aware that I have to cross the Thai border every 90 days and gain a further 90 days, after visiting the Immigration website I read that I would be able to notify Immigration of my intentions to remain longer than 90 days, does this mean that I would not have cross the border? if so can I do this at the Ubon office?

http://www.immigration.go.th/ click link then has a option of remaining longer than 90 days

Regards Lee

There is no marriage visa, you apply for a one year "Extension of Permission to Stay". Advantage is you don't have to do a border run every 90 days. Apply with 30 days remaining on a current permission to stay. Financial requirements are 400,000 in a Thai bank, or proof of 40,000 Baht per month income.

can I do this straight away when I arrive

You can apply within the final 30 days of your permision to stay.

Once successful you report to Immigration every 90 days.

Marriage Requirements

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

You can apply within the final 30 days of your permision to stay.

Once successful you report to Immigration every 90 days.

Marriage Requirements

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Thanks Litebeer,

what is the marriage registry entry?

There is no option on a visa entry to stay longer than the allowed 90 days without obtaining an extension of stay - you can not advise immigration you are staying and get a new 90 day stamp - you must exit and return to obtain a new stay while using visa entry.

You are wrong you have to do a Visa run every 90 days or get your Visa extended every 90 days, as I have a Multiple Non-Imm O Visa base on marriage (expires September 12, 2012) and I went this morning (2 hours ago) to do my 90 reporting and they told me that I couldn't do the 90 day reporting, as I would have to leave Thailand or apply for an Visa extension wich is form TM7

You are wrong you have to do a Visa run every 90 days or get your Visa extended every 90 days, as I have a Multiple Non-Imm O Visa base on marriage (expires September 12, 2012) and I went this morning (2 hours ago) to do my 90 reporting and they told me that I couldn't do the 90 day reporting, as I would have to leave Thailand or apply for an Visa extension wich is form TM7

You are talking about 90 day reporting, not extending it every 90 days. You only do 90 day reporting when you are on an extension of stay from immigration.

You apply for an extension of stay with a tm7 form, as immirgaiton told you if you qualify under the rules as posted in post 5.

Beechguy is correct.

You have a Multiple Non-Imm O Visa which gives you unlimited entries of up to 90 days max. You have to leave the country, not report to immigration.Those on 12 month extensions have to report to Immigration every 90 days.

Beechguy is correct.

You have a Multiple Non-Imm O Visa which gives you unlimited entries of up to 90 days max. You have to leave the country, not report to immigration.Those on 12 month extensions have to report to Immigration every 90 days.

Thanks I now understand what they meant, so they were telling me to do a 12 month extension then I would assume that I could do 90 day reporting in the future. When you apply for a 12 month extension do you have to show all the papers again?

Same procedure needed every year.

OR.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

No, I'm not wrong, but there always seems to be confusion regarding extensions of stay, versus visas.

Edited by beechguy

If you are married to a Thai and meet all of the requirements of the consulate where you apply you can be issued a 1 year Non-O visa to visit your wife /family in Thailand. Each entry is only valid for 90 days and you must leave and reenter,

But, if you qualify, you can extend any entry during the last 30 days for one year,. During that year you only have to report your address in Thailand every 90 days.

Neither are "marriage visas", the first is a Non-O visa issued for you to visit your "Thai family". The second is an extension of your permission to stay based on the fact that you have a Thai wife.

Thanks for the Imput,

I know what I will do know, I will apply for a Non O single entry which will be valid for 90 days, then before this expires I will get this extended at the Immigration for a full year(with no border runs just address reporting every 90 days) doing it this way I wont do any border runs.

Thanks everyone