New Pcx 150

tekinsel

Do any of you have any lower back problems? I do, and I find support for the low back does wonders for a long ride. Thus, I prefer the seat you have on the 125. Is the matter of sliding back on the seat just for the desire to shift your position and stretch the legs a bit?

I rode a Yamaha Majesty 250 last week from Pattaya to Khon Kaen (515 km) in one day. I could have never done it without the great seat on the Majesty that gives low back support.

I did get a bad case of "Monkey Butt" toward the end of the ride though. Does Noi have anything to combat that? Usually I read about sitting on beads to get a bit of air between you and the seat.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now done 1000 km on my PCX 150, okay not much riding lately due to the rain. I find the PCX near perfect for riding around Pattaya even with my wife on the rear, the power is enough 90% of the time, fuel economy excellent (way better than the Fino, carb model).

I think I will keep the original seat but might change the rear shocks as they sometimes go to the bottom stop when riding over a speed bump (slowly!).

Do any of you have any lower back problems? I do, and I find support for the low back does wonders for a long ride. Thus, I prefer the seat you have on the 125. Is the matter of sliding back on the seat just for the desire to shift your position and stretch the legs a bit?

I rode a Yamaha Majesty 250 last week from Pattaya to Khon Kaen (515 km) in one day. I could have never done it without the great seat on the Majesty that gives low back support.

I did get a bad case of "Monkey Butt" toward the end of the ride though. Does Noi have anything to combat that? Usually I read about sitting on beads to get a bit of air between you and the seat.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

Most riders that are 6' or taller find that with the stock PCX seat they sit a bit too close to the bars and that their legs are bent a bit too much to feel comfprtable. The hump on the standard seet prevents the rider from pushing back an inch or two to straighten the legs a bit and shift the torso forward. The seat on my PCX 125 gets rid of the hump, but as noted above, has a very sharp elevation which would also prevent the rider from pushing back in the seat. My gf chose that seat, not me. It looks good and for her (about 5'5" tall) it fits great. I chose the seat on my PCX 150, which I think looks great and allows me to push back a bit when I feel the need.

Noi will increase the padding, move the point of elevation back and almost anything else you want, so long as you can explain it to him. A friend of mine with a new PCX150 had Noi do his seat, and his has twice the padding that mine has. So, its worth a try.

I have now done 1000 km on my PCX 150, okay not much riding lately due to the rain. I find the PCX near perfect for riding around Pattaya even with my wife on the rear, the power is enough 90% of the time, fuel economy excellent (way better than the Fino, carb model).

I think I will keep the original seat but might change the rear shocks as they sometimes go to the bottom stop when riding over a speed bump (slowly!).

There is a thread running on changing shocks on the PCX and asking which ones to change to. You should check it out. I experienced the same problem that you are having on my PCX 125, and changed the shocks on my PCX 125 to YSS G-Euro XXL's. and the problem is solved. I have not had any problem with the PCX 150 and still have the stock shocks on it. Seems to ride fine.

There is a thread running on changing shocks on the PCX and asking which ones to change to. You should check it out. I experienced the same problem that you are having on my PCX 125, and changed the shocks on my PCX 125 to YSS G-Euro XXL's. and the problem is solved. I have not had any problem with the PCX 150 and still have the stock shocks on it. Seems to ride fine.

how much do you weigh Thailaw ?

I like the little hump on the standard seat. After I have had the bike cleaned and the seat coated with armour-all the little hump stops me sliding off the back when accelerating rapidly!

I'm 90 kgs and changing the shocks on the new 150 has made a big difference - no more bottoming out unless hitting a hump at high speeds.

I'm 90 kgs and changing the shocks on the new 150 has made a big difference - no more bottoming out unless hitting a hump at high speeds.

I am about 95 kg but I only have the problem when the wife goes with me, she is app. 50-55 kg, so that about 150 kgs. Strangely enough our 4 year old Fino with only one rear shock don't have that problem so they must be quite soft on the PCX.

So do you fell the aftermarket shocks have lessened the comfort level of the bike?

Edited by guzzi850m2

I am about 95 kg but I only have the problem when the wife goes with me, she is app. 50-55 kg, so that about 150 kgs. Strangely enough our 4 year old Fino with only one rear shock don't have that problem so they must be quite soft on the PCX.

So do you fell the aftermarket shocks have lessened the comfort level of the bike?

I am about 90 kg, and I also only had a problem with the shocks "bottoming out" with a passenger behind me that weighed about 50 kg. I thought that the problem was the rear tire rubbing against the inside of the rear fender when the bike came down after a big bump in the road, at least that is what it sounded like. I really haven't noticed any significant change in the ride with the new shocks. If anything it is more comfortable than before. If you are having that problem, YSS is the way to go. But be sure to get the XXL model, which is designed to handle heavier loads. The PCX is a great bike, but the rear shocks are a weak point.

I am about 90 kg, and I also only had a problem with the shocks "bottoming out" with a passenger behind me that weighed about 50 kg. I thought that the problem was the rear tire rubbing against the inside of the rear fender when the bike came down after a big bump in the road, at least that is what it sounded like. I really haven't noticed any significant change in the ride with the new shocks. If anything it is more comfortable than before. If you are having that problem, YSS is the way to go. But be sure to get the XXL model, which is designed to handle heavier loads. The PCX is a great bike, but the rear shocks are a weak point.

OK thanks for that, looks like I will go looking for YSS XXL shocks when the weather improves. How much did you pay for them?

No at all. The shocks have improved the comfort level and more importantly, the handling. It feels a lot more secure going round corners. Like Thailaw says, go for the XXL shocks.

They now cost anything between 3,600 to 3,900 depending on what the vendor tells you (exchange rate fluctuation etc etc). Check with Brian at Sumet. I'm sure he'll do you a good deal as a TV member

OK thanks for that, looks like I will go looking for YSS XXL shocks when the weather improves. How much did you pay for them?

There are a few (at least 2) models of YSS shocks that fit the PCX. Check on the Likito site to see what is available and to get an idea of price. The YSS Z-SERIES OFFSET 300 mm. XXL for PCX is listed for B2600. The YSS G-EURO XXL for PCX is listed at B3900. The G-Euro has a gas cartridge on the side and is adjustable. I expect that the Z Series XXL are fine. I got the G-Euro XXL in Pattaya at GT Rider on Pattaya Tai for B4050, and paid an additional B150 to have them installed.

There are a few (at least 2) models of YSS shocks that fit the PCX. Check on the Likito site to see what is available and to get an idea of price. The YSS Z-SERIES OFFSET 300 mm. XXL for PCX is listed for B2600. The YSS G-EURO XXL for PCX is listed at B3900. The G-Euro has a gas cartridge on the side and is adjustable. I expect that the Z Series XXL are fine. I got the G-Euro XXL in Pattaya at GT Rider on Pattaya Tai for B4050, and paid an additional B150 to have them installed.

In the interest of fair business, I won't say how much I paid at Sumet but including installation, it was less than B4,000 (for the G-Euro XXL).

Btw, do you know how to adjust them if necessary? I haven't taken a good look yet but would like to try different settings on different routes.

Thanks guys, I will go have a look here in Pattaya later this week. I think I will go for the simpler Z series it's not a racing bike after all.

It's disappointing the Honda sell PCX's with crap rear shock absorbers, I think they sell the PCX in the US and It will be hard to find 2 US citizens below 150 KG togehter, lol.

Thanks guys, I will go have a look here in Pattaya later this week. I think I will go for the simpler Z series it's not a racing bike after all.

It's disappointing the Honda sell PCX's with crap rear shock absorbers, I think they sell the PCX in the US and It will be hard to find 2 US citizens below 150 KG togehter, lol.

It will be equally hard to find 2 Thais weighing 100 kg combined :D

I wonder if the version for the US would have stiffer absorbers?

I have 87kg and my gf 40kg - we don't have any issues with the suspension after 4.000km at all with the PCX 150 - my previous PCX 125 was much weaker, so i had to change the absorber.....

Edited by MrJ

I have 87kg and my gf 40kg - we don't have any issues with the suspension after 4.000km at all with the PCX 150 - my previous PCX 125 was much weaker, so i had to change the absorber.....

What you say is also what I have been told and what I have experienced with my PCX 125 and PCX 150. I had bottoming out problems with the 125 and changed the shocks -- problem solved. But I have not had the bottoming out problem with the PCX 150 and cannot justify changing the shocks -- it would only be for looks. It only happened when I rode with an adult passenger, and that is very rare for me. Usually, if it more than me, it's the whole family and we take the car. But, on occasion ......whistling.gif

In the interest of fair business, I won't say how much I paid at Sumet but including installation, it was less than B4,000 (for the G-Euro XXL).

Btw, do you know how to adjust them if necessary? I haven't taken a good look yet but would like to try different settings on different routes.

In the interest of "fair business" (at least from the buyer's persepctive) you should say how much you paid. That would give your fellow TV bike riders a benchmark for negotiation. It does sound like you got a good price, assuming they are a current model. A shop here in Pattaya offered me the YSS base model for B2000 installed, which I thought was a very good price, but I also thought that the shocks had been gathering dust in his shop for quite a while and were perhaps not the current model. They were certainly new and unused and probably fine, but I wanted the G-Euro in any event.

There are several adjustments that can be made on the G-Euro shocks. I have only had them on for about 1 month and haven't tried any adjustments yet. And, with all of this rain, they get really dirty really quickly, so they need a good cleaning first. I'll take a look shortly and let you know. I expect that the shop where you bought them can give you the full run down when you have some time to take your PCX over there.

I had the yss G Euro shocks put on the pcx 150, when i was on my own on old shocks no problem and felt no different to YSS, but with a passenger bottomed out. in hind sight i would not have bothered as i rarely have a passenger on the bike.

Can anyone tell me where in Pattaya is the best place to buy new PCX 150 accessories? I got a new seat and rear grab bar for it from the dealer (Mai Thai) but he did not have a decal package or cargo hooks to mount on the upper console (I had both on my old PCX 125). The previous shops I used seem to have dissappeared.

Edited by gerry53

Anyone tried the Gazi brand? I should be finished sprucing up our Fino within a week and will start on modifying the PCX. I'd like to fit something different to YSS.

I have a Gazi on my Mio125GTX. Great little shock, even the base model I have, which is 32,000km old now. smile.png

The only issue i have with mine is the preload adjustment winds it's self back off.... A bit of thread lock would sort that out smile.png

Edited by karlos

Can anyone tell me where in Pattaya is the best place to buy new PCX 150 accessories? I got a new seat and rear grab bar for it from the dealer (Mai Thai) but he did not have a decal package or cargo hooks to mount on the upper console (I had both on my old PCX 125). The previous shops I used seem to have dissappeared.

Go to GT Rider on Pattaya Tai. They will have everything you want at "reasonable" prices (at least in relation to Mai Tai).

Anyone tried the Gazi brand? I should be finished sprucing up our Fino within a week and will start on modifying the PCX. I'd like to fit something different to YSS.

I have a Gazi on my Mio125GTX. Great little shock, even the base model I have, which is 32,000km old now. smile.png

The only issue i have with mine is the preload adjustment winds it's self back off.... A bit of thread lock would sort that out smile.png

Have you checked closely to see if there is a small grub screw to lock the ring?

Have you checked closely to see if there is a small grub screw to lock the ring?

It doesn't have one :)

When i first noticed the preload backing off i started looking for a small black allenkey screw to lock the threaded body of the shock.

Go to GT Rider on Pattaya Tai. They will have everything you want at "reasonable" prices (at least in relation to Mai Tai).

Thanks Thailaw - is this the shop around Soi 8 Pattaya Tai? I just looked up GT Rider on their facebook page, I had a different shop which was very small, had no showroom and had very little stock. From their map GT appears to be east of Soi Kopai on Pattaya Tai.

Edited by gerry53

Thanks Thailaw - is this the shop around Soi 8 Pattaya Tai? I just looked up GT Rider on their facebook page, I had a different shop which was very small, had no showroom and had very little stock. From their map GT appears to be east of Soi Kopai on Pattaya Tai.

If anyone can post a phone, address, google map, etc. of GT Rider in Pattaya, that would be great!

Sorry, I can't give an address. It is almost exactly half way between 3rd Road and Sukumvit on the north side of Tai. Look for a shop with green roof and a bunch of modified PCXs out front. Hard to miss. Directly across the street is the Navy School.