New Pcx 150

tekinsel

Went to the petrol station today and got my fill up 174.7 klm and 4.1 liters 42.60976 liters per kilometer. This was a combination of city, flat country, and up Doi Sethup. I do like to get down on the throttle to get ahead of traffic a more conservative rider may get better milage. I will be going to tak in a few days will post my mileage when I fill up. Also I am a big man so carry a few more lbs.. than some, your mileage may vary

The scooter shop I bought my 150 at has 4 used 125s if anyone interested and I donot know the price.

this is 2.35liter/100km nearly like i have calculated

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had my seat done in Rasi Salai for a bargain price of Bht300! Well, I think it's a bargain price anyway smile.png

Assume that is removing the nut and bolts for the hump.... and redoing the new heavy foam and covering it.... if so that's what i paid too! ..... yes a good price...

Just a comment on the new colours, so far the one's I seen have been bah.gif sure hope they come up with some better ones!... seems to me they came up with new colours after a few months on the 125 models???

I saw a new red 150 in BKK today sat next to me at the lights with what looked like a Nouvo exhaust on it, unless it was just the exhaust cover, because it definately had Yamaha indented into the chrome/plastic insert. God knows why he would do that on a brand new bike though.

I saw a new red 150 in BKK today sat next to me at the lights with what looked like a Nouvo exhaust on it, unless it was just the exhaust cover, because it definately had Yamaha indented into the chrome/plastic insert. God knows why he would do that on a brand new bike though.

Might have been a PCX125 with the 150 badges, i can see this idea really taking off :D

Might have been a PCX125 with the 150 badges, i can see this idea really taking off biggrin.png

I'm almost certain it wasn't a 125 but even it it was, why the yamaha exhaust?

Might have been a PCX125 with the 150 badges, i can see this idea really taking off biggrin.png

I'm almost certain it wasn't a 125 but even it it was, why the yamaha exhaust?

No idea, maybe his Yamaha exhaust was gutted and he like the sound of it more?

If that's why he did it, then he can keep his stock PCX exhaust to one side should he ever need to claim on the bike's warranty :)

Just had my seat done in Rasi Salai for a bargain price of Bht300! Well, I think it's a bargain price anyway smile.png

Assume that is removing the nut and bolts for the hump.... and redoing the new heavy foam and covering it.... if so that's what i paid too! ..... yes a good price...

Just a comment on the new colours, so far the one's I seen have been bah.gif sure hope they come up with some better ones!... seems to me they came up with new colours after a few months on the 125 models???

Well... not quite. After removing the hump, there's no foam covering so he added a piece of foam, shaped it and recovered with an almost identically coloured (about 95% i would say) PVC cover. Not I can stretch out my legs a bit more on those long rides (I'm 5' 11"). Still, I'm mighty happy with it.

Some advice appreciated from your pros out there about the stock suspension on the 150.

I weight 90 kgs and if my wife rides pillion, we are a combined weight of 132-135 kgs (depending on her mood). Would the stock suspension setting be adequate or should I adjust it? Is the stock suspension even adjustable? If not, I would appreciate some suggestions on what to change to and approximate costs.

Thanks very much

p/s: and what are the benefits?

Edited by Gweiloman

Some advice appreciated from your pros out there about the stock suspension on the 150.

I weight 90 kgs and if my wife rides pillion, we are a combined weight of 132-135 kgs (depending on her mood). Would the stock suspension setting be adequate or should I adjust it? Is the stock suspension even adjustable? If not, I would appreciate some suggestions on what to change to and approximate costs.

Thanks very much

buy a set of YSS shocks for it cost about 3200 baht from your local "pimp my ride" m/c shop.......treat yourself to some Michelin M4 tyres for superior grip and u have a

excellent handling bike with a good turn of speed from the lights

post-92214-0-28795400-1334159914_thumb.j

Thanks very much

buy a set of YSS shocks for it cost about 3200 baht from your local "pimp my ride" m/c shop.......treat yourself to some Michelin M4 tyres for superior grip and u have a

excellent handling bike with a good turn of speed from the lights

Will the shocks void the warranty? Any recommendations for a shop in Bangkok?

Edited by Gweiloman

I remember reading in an earlier thread about GPS Navigation for motorbikes but can't for the life of me find this thread. Does anyone know where (in and around Bangkok) I can install a cigarette lighter unit for the PCX so that I can plug my GPS into it? Planning a long road trip this coming Songkran so it would definitely come in very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

my local village bike dealer did mine no problem

i purchased cigarette socket off e bay marine version for waterproof and fused.

Edited by marstons

I remember reading in an earlier thread about GPS Navigation for motorbikes but can't for the life of me find this thread. Does anyone know where (in and around Bangkok) I can install a cigarette lighter unit for the PCX so that I can plug my GPS into it? Planning a long road trip this coming Songkran so it would definitely come in very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

my local village bike dealer did mine no problem

i purchased cigarette socket off e bay marine version for waterproof and fused.

I believe Brian at Sumet Cycle can do that for you.

I had YSS shocks on my 125 PCX , the 150 is stiffer I wouldn't spend the money replacing the shocks its mainly a cosmetic thing, standard shocks are fine, also new Dunlops on 150 have plenty of grip for average rider, just my view having had both.

I had YSS shocks on my 125 PCX , the 150 is stiffer I wouldn't spend the money replacing the shocks its mainly a cosmetic thing, standard shocks are fine, also new Dunlops on 150 have plenty of grip for average rider, just my view having had both.

Thanks for the info. Could save me a few bob for now :)

Thanks for the info. Could save me a few bob for now smile.png

I can confirm ianthai's opinion - the new shocks at the 150cc are better than the one of the 125 and there is no need to replace them besides cosmetic reasons - me and my gf have 130kg together and no problems at all...........

For me the main thing to change is the seat, my 125 had a custom seat and I just cannot get comfortable on the standard seat, the bump/hump is just not in the right place, so today I fitted a new custom seat and its way more comfortable.

Took the 150 out on the road Friday and Sat. On Friday I rode to Tak spent the night and back to CM on Sat. as a get together with friend didn't pan out. I took the 106 from CM to highway one and then into Tak.Kept the speed up around 80 most of the time and the 150 handled it ok, there is a bit of get up and go even at 80 it flatlines at 100 and then a slow climb to 110 but above 90 the ride becomes too uncomfortable to maintain.

I average around 40klm per liter of fuel with a low of 39klm per liter and a high otf 42klm per litre. Getting hit by a bucket of water doing 60 does hurt. Since I am carrying a few more pounds than most your preformance may be a bit better than mine.

Took the 150 out on the road Friday and Sat. On Friday I rode to Tak spent the night and back to CM on Sat. as a get together with friend didn't pan out. I took the 106 from CM to highway one and then into Tak.Kept the speed up around 80 most of the time and the 150 handled it ok, there is a bit of get up and go even at 80 it flatlines at 100 and then a slow climb to 110 but above 90 the ride becomes too uncomfortable to maintain.

I average around 40klm per liter of fuel with a low of 39klm per liter and a high otf 42klm per litre. Getting hit by a bucket of water doing 60 does hurt. Since I am carrying a few more pounds than most your preformance may be a bit better than mine.

No disrespect, you have a great little scooter there.

But i thought the 150cc variant would surge to 110kmh and 'slowly' creep to 125ish....

But i thought the 150cc variant would surge to 110kmh and 'slowly' creep to 125ish....

My modded 125cc PCX does exactly that

My 4 year old battered Honda click 110cc does 110 km , mind I don't really suppose these scooters are bought for outright top speed.

I dislike anybody repeating themselves, even cmx - especially cmx, but speedomoters vary enough in their reports to render above comparisons of little use. Weight of driver/payload is also important to the facts. I know that living in a village and in many other circumstances, a gps is simply not available, alas, but a pace car might give bikers some notion of the accuracy of their speedo. Again, bike speedomoters are notiously wrong and usually exaggerate one's speed. But by how much?

That is, in the above comparisons we have no certain facts, in spite of everyone's honest reports.

Edited by CMX

I dislike anybody repeating themselves, even cmx - especially cmx, but speedomoters vary enough in their reports to render above comparisons of little use. Weight of driver/payload is also important to the facts. I know that living in a village and in many other circumstances, a gps is simply not available, alas, but a pace car might give bikers some notion of the accuracy of their speedo. Again, bike speedomoters are notiously wrong and usually exaggerate one's speed. But by how much?

That is, in the above comparisons we have no certain facts, in spite of everyone's honest reports.

Top speed as per my speedo was 112kmh but I believe that 106 or thereabouts is closer to the truth. I don't think I will bother with any mods to push the speed higher. Firstly, I don't think it's a good idea to run the scooter at such speeds. Secondly, because I'm going to get myself a Versys :)

Today I got my PCX150 up to just above 115km/h on the ODO but my phone (google maps) did not registered any speed but just the direction. I have to get me an other program.

But as Gweiloman says, it is not nice to drive in that speed. 80-90 feels most comfortable on this scooter.

Peter

Today I got my PCX150 up to just above 115km/h on the ODO but my phone (google maps) did not registered any speed but just the direction. I have to get me an other program.

But as Gweiloman says, it is not nice to drive in that speed. 80-90 feels most comfortable on this scooter.

Peter

Even 90 is a bit uncomfortable, I found between 60 and 80 not as tireing on my trip to Tak. This included a combination of 2 lane road, mountain curves and 4 lane superhighway. On the highway I maintained 80kph it was a bit jumpy at this speed but then up to 90 a lot of buffeting and jumping around as well as wind noise, I wear a full face helment which I found very comfortabe it is a Real Helment.

Can't figure out these reports of unsteadiness with the new PCX150. Loads of folks loved the 125 at max, which they all reported as being over 100 odo.

I have a friend who's never ridden a true motorcycle - or ever gone a true 100 for that matter. He's comfy at staying in the line of bikes in their lane at 60 all the time in town. I, on the other hand, who have ridden motorcycles for a good while, love a true 80 or a tad more in town away from rush hours, and my scooter does as well.

Moreover, my Hayate 125Fi (16" wheels) buffets not at a true 92 (heavily laden,, claimed 102 odo) and the only sense of uncertainty derives from the thought of thin tires for braking, especially as they're IRC's. Bike goes straight and true. (Also true, I putt-putt in the rain and don a mesh armored jacket, etc., for country travel.)

Edited by CMX

Reads like many of you saying the new PCX is no good/unstable etc over 80kph. Sounds like the new PCX is rubbish then. (Though i can't belive it's true)

I donot think anyone has said it is rubbish nor unstable. For me I found riding it above 80 was a bit uncomfortable due to wind noise and yess it was being buffeted a bit at this speed. Stability did change but unstable no. Every rider has his or her on comfort level and what he are she is will ing to put up with on a long ride. For me 80 was a good crusing speed.

Reads like many of you saying the new PCX is no good/unstable etc over 80kph. Sounds like the new PCX is rubbish then. (Though i can't belive it's true)

Actually, I found the PCX still quite stable even at 100 kmh or over (as indicated by the speedo). What I meant to say is that I'm not that sure it's a good idea to go too fast on what is fundamentally a smallish bike, primarily designed for city riding and not high speeds but that's probably because I'm still a relative novice and would like to live a bit longer :)

I think most people buy the 150 for its style and acceleration also being able to handle riding 2 up with easy with good storage etc, I dont see many people wanting to do much over 100 on the crap roads around Pattaya, I've had mine to 100 with easy and had no issues with stability etc, after all its a city bike not a tourer.

Edited by ianthai