UK pensions

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would not bother about anything this poster says, he thinks UK state pensioners who object to not getting their annual increases should have read about it before retiring to Thailand, and if they did not agree, they should stay in the UK. 

Anyone, anyone even thinking of emigrating who does not first check out their entitlements is to put it in your Aussie vernacular  "A few bricks short of a barbie".

Of course, the usual benefit and nanny State loving FMs will soon be along condemning such an attitude of self responsibility. Only to be expected.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:22 PM, Flustered said:

Boy, you have a problem with pensions, do you need a hand out?

Nearly all of the pensioners on the buses that we know have money to spare. None of them worry about how to pay their fuel bills or where the next meal is coming from. On the bus they talk about their next holidays and what they are doing for their grandchildren.

What is your problem with pensioners who are not poverty ridden?

I said no one should bother about anything you say, but I have to remind you that thousands of OAPs die in the UK every winter through cold related illnesses.

I am going to try and not get in to a debate with you as you are not worth it, it is fine to have an opinion, but you just go a bit too far.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I said no one should bother about anything you say, but I have to remind you that thousands of OAPs die in the UK every winter through cold related illnesses.

I am going to try and not get in to a debate with you as you are not worth it, it is fine to have an opinion, but you just go a bit too far.

Thousands of OAPs die each year...period. We all have to die of something eventually., no one lives forever.

Living in Thailand, why are you so concerned about the cold in the UK. By the way, it the temperature should reach 28 deg C today.

And by going too far, you mean disagreeing with your view point, as have many others looking at your posting history. 

16 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Anyone, anyone even thinking of emigrating who does not first check out their entitlements is to put it in your Aussie vernacular  "A few bricks short of a barbie".

Of course, the usual benefit and nanny State loving FMs will soon be along condemning such an attitude of self responsibility. Only to be expected.

:post-4641-1156693976::bah::mad::crazy:

11 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Thousands of OAPs die each year...period. We all have to die of something eventually., no one lives forever.

Living in Thailand, why are you so concerned about the cold in the UK. By the way, it the temperature should reach 28 deg C today.

And by going too far, you mean disagreeing with your view point, as have many others looking at your posting history. 

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The UK Government is not a charity.

If I make a decision to move to another country, that is my responsibility and not the UK governments. If all you want is security and a benefit culture, stay in your home country and do not go overseas to a far and foreign land.

The more I read about people not being paid enough to live a nice warm comfortable lifestyle in a country where the cost of living is far below that of the UK, I realise what a bunch of moaning freeloaders they are.

Grow a pair, take responsibility for your own actions and stop expecting the UK government to pay for your lifestyle and decisions. You chose to live in Thailand and take a Thai wife, so man up and take responsibility.

If you cannot earn more than the £18K per year to bring your Thai wife back to the UK, make the most of your situation. Why should the UK taxpayer pay for you to chop and change where you live as the whim takes you? If you cannot support a Thai wife in Thailand, why go there in the first place? If you say you did not know how your income would shrink over the years, that is your fault no one else's.

Now expect more disgruntled namby pamby's to complain how hard done by they are and how hard hearted I am.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

Thank you for your comment. I'll waste no time reading it.:smile:

18 hours ago, evadgib said:

Methinks it might be Bendix recycled ?

9 hours ago, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

My heart has started pounding and cold shiver just went down my spine :shock1:

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

i think i will follow your advice and stop reading that drivel as well

I agree guys. Your time would be better spent filling in petitions that will never be read and raise false hopes rather than working out how to improve your finances.

1 hour ago, Flustered said:

I agree guys. Your time would be better spent filling in petitions that will never be read and raise false hopes rather than working out how to improve your finances.

What were you doing and where were you in the decades before achieving state pension age?

Why didn't you get off your arrse while still paying compulsory NI contributions, knowing full well (or so you'll have us believe) that you were heading into frozen oblivion?

Sorry mate it doesn't work but thanks for outing yourself in the process.

Thankfully there's far more to ICBP than petitions and the least we can do is support them.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, evadgib said:

What were you doing and where were you in the decades before achieving state pension age?

Why didn't you get off your arrse while still paying compulsory NI contributions, knowing full well (or so you'll have us believe) that you were heading into frozen oblivion?

Sorry mate it doesn't work but thanks for outing yourself in the process.

Thankfully there's far more to ICBP than petitions and the least we can do is support them.

I have paid my full quota of NI contributions since I started working as well as paying into private pension funds. Even when overseas I paid my stamp to ensure I would receive the full pension when I retired. I saw the UK State pension as a bargain when the cost of the pension portion of the NI stamp is looked at. I do not believe in the nanny State, benefits and freebies so I look at UK State pension payments very differently to you.

As there is no State pension fund and pensions are paid out of taxes collected, the NI contributions only go part way to funding the State pension. The bulk of the State pension is paid out of the Exchequers central tax collections. This includes all taxes collected by the tax department.

So my dear friends, if we are living overseas, we are not paying tax on goods or services we buy and the Exchequer does not collect any money from us. The only tax it gets from us is if we have UK investments paid for by earnings in the UK, i.e private pension. Ergo we are not paying our fair share. Our UK State pension is actually supporting the economy of another country.

That is why I do not sit and whine about my pension being frozen when I declare myself non resident, but accept that I am contributing to another countries economy. Far better to petition that country to give you benefits than asking for a handout from a country you have ceased to support.

As usual, just because someone dares to have a view contrary to yours, you will continue to harass and hound and go round in circles asking the same questions over and over again rather than accept as I do that each one of us is entitled to our viewpoint. 

13 minutes ago, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

Factually incorrect and misleading. What about the income tax deducted from our UK pensions at source ? 

What pitiful nonsense to suggest a petition to the Thai government for the payment of benefits and what a surprise that you should commend the use of a petition.

The reality is that you don't even believe in your own nonsense. You just  want to live in an imaginary world where you have been unjustly persecuted for your beliefs.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Already stated income taxed in UK on investments/pensions  "The only tax it gets from us is if we have UK investments paid for by earnings in the UK, i.e private pension".Perhaps you should read first before getting in a tizzy.

My views are well documented so why you keep on asking the same questions, going round and round in circles I do not know. 

On 5/27/2017 at 3:34 PM, Flustered said:

The UK Government is not a charity.

If I make a decision to move to another country, that is my responsibility and not the UK governments. If all you want is security and a benefit culture, stay in your home country and do not go overseas to a far and foreign land.

The more I read about people not being paid enough to live a nice warm comfortable lifestyle in a country where the cost of living is far below that of the UK, I realise what a bunch of moaning freeloaders they are.

Grow a pair, take responsibility for your own actions and stop expecting the UK government to pay for your lifestyle and decisions. You chose to live in Thailand and take a Thai wife, so man up and take responsibility.

If you cannot earn more than the £18K per year to bring your Thai wife back to the UK, make the most of your situation. Why should the UK taxpayer pay for you to chop and change where you live as the whim takes you? If you cannot support a Thai wife in Thailand, why go there in the first place? If you say you did not know how your income would shrink over the years, that is your fault no one else's.

Now expect more disgruntled namby pamby's to complain how hard done by they are and how hard hearted I am.

:neus::crazy::spam1::w00t:

On 5/28/2017 at 2:15 PM, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

Your posts have never included a single helpful suggestion on how anyone might improve their finances. You are against petitions and any attempts to influence MP's or political parties. Your most distinctive contribution has been to try and deter anyone from taking any form of action that might have even a remote prospect of success.  You are a declared opponent of unfreezing overseas pensions and opposed to pensioner benefits generally. I suspect that you would like to see pensions withdrawn altogether.

Success in achieving the unfreezing of overseas pensions might be a daunting prospect but with you on on our side their must be every prospect of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory !

This guy is trolling, I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, if he is not trolling,  he is really well over the top, the UK government is stealing from UK OAPs by withholding their annual pensions increases, I would bet he doesn't state his rubbish in the company of his friends, if he has any, no wait, according to his avatar he is in Yorkshire.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

This guy is trolling, I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, if he is not trolling,  he is really well over the top, the UK government is stealing from UK OAPs by withholding their annual pensions increases, I would bet he doesn't state his rubbish in the company of his friends, if he has any, no wait, according to his avatar he is in Yorkshire.

Fortunately he has taken time off annoy the people on the Brexit forum.

• Like 2

I cannot understand how a man from Gods own county, being a font of all knowledge ends up in Chang Rai, I mean its not Leeds is it?

Then there is the photo of Gordon, he is Scottish and he aint Geoff Boycott, I think we call into question the thought processes of a man who puts a Scot above a Yorkshire hero!

Geoff was not aware that if he moved abroad his pension would be frozen.