UK pensions

mrmazinkle

Ah but if you're out of the UK for more than four weeks at-a-time, you might be enjoying yourself too much, and that would never do ! whistling.gif

Particularly so if they suspect that you are spending your time sipping pino colada's while lying on the beach in the arms of your 18 year old ,sexy supermodel girlfriend. I suspect that retirees to Belarus or the Ukraine get their pension increase,no problem.

...which brings us back to the sort of stock photos that typically accompany anything printed re frozen pensions by the media in order to mislead. I suspect this is a deliberate ploy by HMG rather than just sloppy journalism.

retirement-300x199.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they ever do upgrade it will probably be the pressure from those retiring back to Pakistan and India rather than us lot, can't have them 'discriminated' against thumbsup.gif

This is exactly what I thought on seeing the piece on 4 weeks,it will effect them in particular,nothing better getting back there with UK pension that's never been paid for,plus 2 Muslim MPs banging the drum of frozen pensions,but I will not be joining in with that lot for anything

if they ever do upgrade it will probably be the pressure from those retiring back to Pakistan and India rather than us lot, can't have them 'discriminated' against thumbsup.gif

I think there's a lot of truth in what you say. As far as I'm concerned if they've paid into the system the same as people elsewhere, then they should receive what is due to them. Personally I think this may be one route to our goal. There is already one Labour Asian MP who is trying dammed hard to press their case.

We just need a number of non Asian M.P.s to support her.

But Thailand is also a Moslem country, in parts, both down-South (where my wife's family come from) and also up here in the North-West, I see plenty of Moslems in Chiang Mai or Mae Salong ?

Perhaps a few million more British voters might be useful allies, in achieving the just objective ?

Surely we want to see a complete end, to the government's unfair pension-freeze, rather than just adding Thailand to the short-list of exceptions ?

And what about fellow-Brits, with their frozen pensions, in Canada or Australia ? Do we suddenly abandon them ? I think not !

Perhaps a midway point would be to allow pensioners free access to Centre Parcs, build more of them then they would not need to go abroad. Everything would be at Thai prices within and then slip a few girls, well rather a lot really in through Calais. The Eden project could take a few more and Tropical World in Leeds, if that what the HMG really want. Dont forget Butlins either, put a dome over the place and turn it into a tropical paradise for the over 60s ( men) and under 35 ( women ) no what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink!! Say no more !!!

Thats how the HMG should be taking care of their senior citizens.

Does the HMG have a reciprical agreement with Centre Parcs?

Regarding India, if we stopped giving the Foreign Aid it would go half way to up rating the frozen pensions that HMG cannot afford!

The reciprical agreement is one thing but its the clause 20 of the Pension Bill that needs to changed.

Nothing but madness,two old age pensions running side by side,one getting richer by the triple lock,the other getting poorer by only partial triple locking,plus the govt.obviously looking at the disparity between the two, inviting the earlier and poorer old age pensioner to pay a fortune to upgrade to the later and more generous pension,for even that portion to eventually fall behind by no triple locking

One wonders at the number-crunchers missing the fact that if the pensions were not frozen, many more people would retire abroad, thereby relieving the UK of the cost of health, housing, etc. That, in itself, will probably pay for the unfreeze...

Perhaps this might put the record straight regarding the governments attitude to state pensioners and the refusal to bring a discriminated group of ex-pat pensioners pensioners into line with the rest of the state pensioners who have paid in full,those who paid nowt get the most.

Dear Prime Minister The RT. Hon. David Cameron, MP. 

I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?" 
I refer to the Pension Reality Check. 
 Are you aware of the following ? 

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:- 

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER 
(Bearing in mind they worked hard, paid their Income Tax and 
National Insurance contributions to the British Government all their working life) 
 Weekly allowance: £106.00? 

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN 
(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever) 
 Weekly allowance: £250.00 

Weekly Spouse Allowance:£25.00? 

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN 
Weekly Spouse Allowance:£225.00 

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £0.00? 

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £100.00 

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up 
than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing 

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT£6,000? 
TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT:£29,900 

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts 
so that we can lobby for a decent state pension. 

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the 
growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years. 

Sad isn't it?

Surely it's about time we put our own people first. 

Please have the sense to forward this. 

I JUST DID!

Good job Harry the war hero never had to return to the UK for health reasons as I doubt his 39 quid a week would have covered the charges blink.png

Seems if you're an EU citizen you can claim to be ordinary resident (& so free NHS) from the day you land in UK, no more having to wait 6 months...

post-188279-14548296297219_thumb.jpg

(Apologies for quality of the pic, taken from a pub copy of the Daily Mail)

Well here is an article that may well prove somewhat disconcerting for the cushioned ex pat pensioners and could work in our favour if the rules have to be changed.

Mighty complex matter but could prove a useful tactic for we frozen out ex-pats.

Those of you with a better grasp of financial matters may well be able to assist we financially lesser erudite types as to what may be in store and the repercussions of the matter.

See the link below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/12151896/Expats-are-being-frozen-out-on-Europe.html?WT.mc_id

Well here is an article that may well prove somewhat disconcerting for the cushioned ex pat pensioners and could work in our favour if the rules have to be changed.

Mighty complex matter but could prove a useful tactic for we frozen out ex-pats.

Those of you with a better grasp of financial matters may well be able to assist we financially lesser erudite types as to what may be in store and the repercussions of the matter.

See the link below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/12151896/Expats-are-being-frozen-out-on-Europe.html?WT.mc_id

I think voters will vote to leave. This is not what the government hoped for but voters have hardened their hearts gainst Europe because of the migration crisis. I also believe that the process of disentanglement will be horrendous, costly and take about 15 years to complete. I suspect that there will be a treaty to protect the pension increases for those who have already retired and live in Europe with frozen pensions for any future retirees to Europe. However, there may not be as many future retirees as should we vote to leave we may relinquish the right of free movement in the EU zone. The cost and difficulty of pulling out doesn't bear thinking about and that will be a further reason to resist any claims from pensioners living in countries where their pension is frozen.

See the link below.

I think voters will vote to leave. This is not what the government hoped for but voters have hardened their hearts gainst Europe because of the migration crisis. I also believe that the process of disentanglement will be horrendous, costly and take about 15 years to complete. I suspect that there will be a treaty to protect the pension increases for those who have already retired and live in Europe with frozen pensions for any future retirees to Europe. However, there may not be as many future retirees as should we vote to leave we may relinquish the right of free movement in the EU zone. The cost and difficulty of pulling out doesn't bear thinking about and that will be a further reason to resist any claims from pensioners living in countries where their pension is frozen.

Will there be a Britexit,only time will tell,certainly big businesses and many of the Westminster political elite are hoping we remain in.

Why do you think it would be horrendous,cost wise to get out of this mess? Remember it's costing us £55 million a day to stay in this corrupt organization. If we were to remain in it, that cost will certainly rise, as well as more undemocratic regulations.

Regarding pensioners residing on the continent,if we do exit and the government tries to establish a two tier pension, I can only imagine that, in itself would cause major problems. I cannot see a government taking away the annual increase for those already living there, perhaps a glimmer of hope in that they would continue to up grade those pensions,and in doing so would have no excuse in upgrading those now on a frozen pensions, certainly it would only cost a fraction of the £55 million a day.

See the link below.

Will there be a Britexit,only time will tell,certainly big businesses and many of the Westminster political elite are hoping we remain in.

Why do you think it would be horrendous,cost wise to get out of this mess? Remember it's costing us £55 million a day to stay in this corrupt organization. If we were to remain in it, that cost will certainly rise, as well as more undemocratic regulations.

Regarding pensioners residing on the continent,if we do exit and the government tries to establish a two tier pension, I can only imagine that, in itself would cause major problems. I cannot see a government taking away the annual increase for those already living there, perhaps a glimmer of hope in that they would continue to up grade those pensions,and in doing so would have no excuse in upgrading those now on a frozen pensions, certainly it would only cost a fraction of the £55 million a day.

Where did you pluck that £55million/day figure from? I agree it is costing far too much, but the budget has been set and knowing the way governments work, the savings will not re-appear in other much-needed areas. Transferring savings to pensioners is a dream that would never happen. There's saving being made elsewhere for years now -- but can you tell where the funds saved were re-applied? ;)

See the link below.

Where did you pluck that £55million/day figure from? I agree it is costing far too much, but the budget has been set and knowing the way governments work, the savings will not re-appear in other much-needed areas. Transferring savings to pensioners is a dream that would never happen. There's saving being made elsewhere for years now -- but can you tell where the funds saved were re-applied? ;)

I did't pluck that figure out of thin air to be sure,just google and you will find the figures.

Agree the savings made from a Britexit will not be allocated to pensions, I'll leave you to guess where the money will go.

I did't pluck that figure out of thin air to be sure,just google and you will find the figures.

Agree the savings made from a Britexit will not be allocated to pensions, I'll leave you to guess where the money will go.

=======================================

In my usual quest to cast some light on the realities --

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/11474001/The-cost-of-Europe.html

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/eu-explainer-easily-bored-cost-uk

..... but this is muddied by more vested interests than you could shake a stick at,,,,,,,,

You can be sure and no doubt we will be surprised when it happens that when we leave the EU club there will be some sort of "exit fee" like with Insurance companies, how this will all turn out for us pensioners is an open question.

You can be sure and no doubt we will be surprised when it happens that when we leave the EU club there will be some sort of "exit fee" like with Insurance companies, how this will all turn out for us pensioners is an open question.

Where do you get this idea from,please explain.

Archived