The “560,000 Telephone Numbers” Project

Jai Dee

THE 560,000 TELEPHONE NUMBERS PROJECT WILL BE DONE ON TIME

Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister SORA-AT KLINPRATOOM (สรอรรถ กลิ่นประทุม) has expressed his confidence that the “560,000 Telephone Numbers” project will definitely be completed on schedule next year.

Following the discussion between the management team of the ICT Ministry today, Mr. SORA-AT said the meeting members have been informed about the work progress of the “560,000 Telephone Numbers” project. He said 28 percent of the project has been carried out even though it should have been 30 percent completed. He said there was an issue which delayed the work schedule. However, the problem was solved, and it should be finalized by June 2006.

The ICT Minister also spoke about the CDMA Mobile Phone project as many people have expressed their concerns on its completion date. He said 80 percent of the work has now been done, and once it is opened for service, at least 99 percent of the project should be accomplished.

Nevertheless, he has assigned relevant agencies to study the project’s contract should it exceed the scheduled time of completion.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 December 2005

The telephone numbers project will be good news for me as we have only been waiting 2 1/2 years in the sticks for a line.

It stopped 4 1/2 km away a long time ago and never restarted.

I fear your optimism might well be misplaced .

:o

the ministers pronoucements do not fill me with confidence - 28% , 99% ....0%