Thoughts On Falang Going A Little Overboard On The "Thai-Ness"?

submaniac

I think that they are suffering from a superiority complex smile.png

Personally I think its an inferiority complex with some indivduals and a desperate need to be accepted.

Strange thing is I know a few farangs who are actually Thai citizens with a passport etc and one would think that if anyone would have gone "native" and Thaier than Thai, it would be them, but these are indivduals are very balanced and normal and in fact very critical and outspoken about Thailand, the culture etc, for example the "face" issue in Thailand in their opinion is a crock of BS, as are a few other things and of course its their right to these comments as they are Thai citizens.

And you don't feel people who take Thai citizenship feel a desparate need to be accepted?

When I changed my citizenship, it was for administrative convenience, rather than a desire for acceptance. Most of my peers were unaware of the colour of my passport.

SC

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing wrong with people that have gone troppo

"Troppo"....I like that and it is now my favourite new word.

I had two English lads sat next to me yestreen who had clearly gone "troppo" as they were speaking Thinglish...to each other...

Edited by HeavyDrinker

I had two English lads sat next to me yestreen who had clearly gone "troppo" as they were speaking Thinglish...to each other...

Quite insulting to call them "troppo", when they could simply be born a bit "slow".

I think it's cute. Especially the foreigners who take time to wai spirit houses, and even better... take both hands off the wheel while driving to wai important monuments and landmarks.

smile.png

You may have stumbled across the major cause of farang motorci accidents......

I think it's cute. Especially the foreigners who take time to wai spirit houses, and even better... take both hands off the wheel while driving to wai important monuments and landmarks.

smile.png

Not sure about cute but its very amusing to watch! What is cute is when some take their shoes off to go into a bank...

Slightly off topic, but the ones that push my buttons are the Tharrangs (Thanks Boong Toong, brilliant!) just off the plane who are adament that they are correct because they read it on ThaiVisa or one of the other forums. The Blether come up quite often!

Edited by chrisinth

I firmly believe that the old saying 'there is no bigger fool than a half educated fool' is true.

The dog had a good laugh with it's pals too.

The dog had a good laugh with it's pals too

Today is my birthday. Thank you for your exquisite irony.

As you say: "there is no bigger fool than a half educated fool".

Edited by MediumPaceBowler

Personally I think its an inferiority complex with some indivduals and a desperate need to be accepted.

Same as the complete <deleted> that relentlessly point out that you need a work permit to do that. What f'ing business is it of their? nob eds 100%.

• Like 2

Your new favourite word yet I get no credit . . . drama.gif

• Like 1

I firmly believe that the old saying 'there is no bigger fool than a half educated fool' is true.

Oh Oh, spellin polease ave arived :)

Oh Oh, spellin polease ave arived smile.png

wonder what time he starts classes tomorrow ?

Ahh yes, I know the type of person the OP is referring to. I find that they originally come from a small village outside the town of Twatsville wink.png

Sounds like a rather smelly little town Judas. giggle.gif

very fishy post......so you did not drown.

Slightly off topic, but the ones that push my buttons are the Tharrangs (Thanks Boong Toong, brilliant!) just off the plane who are adament that they are correct because they read it on ThaiVisa or one of the other forums. The Blether come up quite often!

Who me?........I declare innocence in this matter !! shock1.gif

They would need to be careful what they take on board too.......you know my capability of forgetting my medication and slipping from the first person to the third person. You would need to work out which theblether was talking.

theblether agrees with me on this matter too. I think.

I've just chopped up some chillies ready to eat raw. I felt I wasn't being Thai enough so I went outside and waiied the Thai lady who lives next door, then offered her the plate.She declined and hurried indoors.

I think she now thinks I'm a bit weird.

Please advise how I should proceed. wai.gif

I've just chopped up some chillies ready to eat raw. I felt I wasn't being Thai enough so I went outside and waiied the Thai lady who lives next door, then offered her the plate.She declined and hurried indoors.

Wai

http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/389070-if-youre-listening-to-music-now-whats-playing-4/page__view__findpost__p__4984624

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

You're a nasty piece of work mediumpacedbowler, many of my posts are sent using a handheld Blackberry device, so I apologize if I sometimes misspell or shock horror, put an apostrophe in the wrong place.

If this is the greatest success of your birthday I would suggest it is a reflection upon your sad and moronic personality. Happy Birthday thumbsup.gif

You're a nasty piece of work mediumpacedbowler, many of my posts are sent using a handheld Blackberry device, so I apologize if I sometimes misspell or shock horror, put an apostrophe in the wrong place.

If this is the greatest success of your birthday I would suggest it is a reflection upon your sad and moronic personality. Happy Birthday thumbsup.gif

Using the wrong tool for the job is no excuse

SC

Edit: Nothing wrong with being sad, by the way, and it seems a bit intolerant to target morons or Jehovah's Widnes ("And did those feet, in ancient times...")

... on which topic you're in good time for http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/17409419 (Hull FC v Widnes)

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

Using the wrong tool for the job is no excuse

SC

Edit: Nothing wrong with being sad, by the way, and it seems a bit intolerant to target morons or Jehovah's Widnes ("And did those feet, in ancient times...")

... on which topic you're in good time for http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/17409419

I don't know if you realize how it works SC, but I'm trying to enjoy life. Any activity that involves an oval ball is currently banned from my sphere of consciousness. crying.gif

Wai

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4984624

SC

Aye but surely she understood I can't wai properly while carrying a plate of chopped fresh chillies?

Wai

SC

Aye but surely she understood I can't wai properly while carrying a plate of chopped fresh chillies?

i seen a drunken fool farang trying to wai some thai people after they waied to him with a big bottle of chang between his hands

needless to say ,the bottle slipped and smashed on the tiled floor in our reception

i dont think hes got the hang of this thai thing just yet..........face was lost im sure the thais thought knew he was an imbecile ...

Wai

SC

i seen a drunken fool farang trying to wai some thai people after they waied to him with a big bottle of chang between his hands

needless to say ,the bottle slipped and smashed on the tiled floor in our reception

i dont think hes got the hang of this thai thing just yet..........face was lost im sure the thais thought knew he was an imbecile ...

I find it sufficient just to shake hands

post-60794-0-23681500-1332082444_thumb.j

SC

Wai

SC

I wonder why a Thai would wai a drunken foreigner drinking Chang?

Thais are a constant mystery don't you find?

Who really wants to be Thai ??...hands up ??

I dun see any..

I'd think many of the posters who dribble on and on about lack of rights, lack of security, restrictive visa and work permit regimes, illegibility to own land, etc etc might be interested.

he said "really wants to BE thai " :)

not just to be a farang with thai like equality

Who really wants to be Thai ??...hands up ??

I dun see any..

I'd think many of the posters who dribble on and on about lack of rights, lack of security, restrictive visa and work permit regimes, illegibility to own land, etc etc might be interested.

he said "really wants to BE thai "

not just to be a farang with thai like equality

You cannot have the rights of a Thai national without holding Thai nationality. One would think that would be fairly obvious.